Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,398 comments
I wonder if gt7 will have -
-time/weather transition like gt6 for some tracks although I think it will be like GTSport
-Crossplay PS4 between PS5 players (PS4 version will run as PS4 version in PS5)
-Sport mode moving to GT7 and shut down in Sport

I wish
-A new moon over the castle version or opening at least for Japanese version
-Removing daily workout IMO it makes some cars worthless
-more ways to spend money lol like extend garage capacity
-New jazz music lol

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.07.36 AM.png

Do they just add Planned ?
well it looks like 2023 for me lol

Check the official blog post and you will see an asterisk on: Campaign Mode, Livery Editor, Scapes, GT Café, GT Auto; meaning it requires an internet connection.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/gran-turismo-7-arrives-on-ps5-and-ps4-march-4/
The box art in the trailer does say "Internet connection required for most functionality" though...
Guys, I literally already had this pointed out to me:

If you check the trailer, there is a little sticker on the box at the end that states this
Again, I'd like to hold off until we get clarification because both the box art isn't final (Featuring a ESRB rating that conflicts with the official site that shows the "E" rating) and Online hasn't had any info about it posted yet.
From ESRB themselves:

So it is related to scapes and museum. (Also, NASCAR 21 uses "Alcohol Reference" in reference to on-track/car alcohol sponsors, although that might be age-gated again like in the NASCAR Heat games, for reference)
Ok so its that. Gonna guess NASCAR 21 is using age verification like the heat games did for the "Alcohol reference". Kinda wish many devs would just do this, its not exactly the end of the world to include a car with Alcohol or Tobacco livery.

Last edited:
If Gran Turismo 7 will have a prize car wheel again, I hope it doesn't just give the same cars so often like Sport did. Always found that a tad bit annoying...
Its so unfortunate. The game is being developed by Japanese company. Even they have branches overseas, they are not big factor.
Culture is the problem. Japanese games are so related with gacha. That means rarity of an item is a big deal. That also include "duplicates" which are very common.

There is a chance to remove this stuff...PD should go western route, like Sony itself.

...now you can think what happened with Sony after goes full western. LOL

Nothing super interesting overall but they are confirmed that the tunnel sequence is indeed around 30 fps.

Honestly I just thinking that the trailer contents are mixing from various sources of video recording. I may be wrong tho.

Its so unfortunate. The game is being developed by Japanese company. Even they have branches overseas, they are not big factor.
Culture is the problem. Japanese games are so related with gacha. That means rarity of an item is a big deal. That also include "duplicates" which are very common.

There is a chance to remove this stuff...PD should go western route, like Sony itself.

...now you can think what happened with Sony after goes full western. LOL

Im not sure I buy into blaming any shortfalls of their game design on national culture

Yeah, not a lot so far. Still a few months to go of info but so far it's just Gran Turismo: Nostalgia.

It seriously looks like they tried something new with GT Sport but because players abandoned it because it had no offline mode and then a half baked offline mode the only lesson they learnt is to never try new things

Last edited:
It ended up being a cross-gen game after all so I'm not sure what new revolutionary stuff they could add. Maybe they moved the 'future" part of Kaz's initial plan to a next-gen only GT8? With dynamics back all I really care about now is advancements in physics, especially in wet weather and if they simulated dry and wet lines.

If PD want to ensure feature parity between consoles, then the PS4 version will have to take a frame rate cut. I'm not quite sure how the PS4 will handle the dynamic weather at 60 FPS without frame drops. A 30 FPS GT game may not sit well with some but I don't think there's a choice. This won't be an issue for the PS5 though which could easily run the dynamic weather at 4K/60FPS.

It ended up being a cross-gen game after all so I'm not sure what new revolutionary stuff they could add. Maybe they moved the 'future" part of Kaz's initial plan to a next-gen only GT8? With dynamics back all I really care about now is advancements in physics, especially in wet weather and if they simulated dry and wet lines.
PS4 limitations doesn't stop them evolving the game structure, coming up with a new career mode, new ways of gaining experience and vehicles etc etc. Small new features like creating a race team, getting sponsorship, stuff like that.

But who knows, may there will be new stuff in that regard. We haven't seen it all yet. Not exactly confident though.

If PD want to ensure feature parity between consoles, then the PS4 version will have to take a frame rate cut. I'm not quite sure how the PS4 will handle the dynamic weather at 60 FPS without frame drops. A 30 FPS GT game may not sit well with some but I don't think there's a choice. This won't be an issue for the PS5 though which could easily run the dynamic weather at 4K/60FPS.
I think PD will prioritise the frame rate on the PS4, there will be a significant downgrade compared to the PS5 though. Maybe they'll add a quality mode and be like Driveclub, or frame rate mode again like GT Sport.

Last edited:
I just want an offline version of sport mode, could be a good complimentary to classic GT single player campaign. Sport mode pretty much has all the good stuff, signing with a manufacturer, qualifying, daily races, manufacturer and championship events. I think they could easily randomize races, track and car combination even in single player.

Last edited:
I'd say the Bac Mono is new to the series. Cloud maker is new. Sarah and Luca are new.

Thing is, you have to understand, this is ALL NEW to GT7. It's never ever been seen in GT7 before. Plus, this is the new series of GT games. The old series(GT1-GT6), is in the past. It's been burned to the ground. We'll have new nostalgia, in GTS and GT7. :sly::cool:

PS4 limitations doesn't stop them evolving the game structure, coming up with a new career mode, new ways of gaining experience and vehicles etc etc. Small new features like creating a race team, getting sponsorship, stuff like that.

But who knows, may there will be new stuff in that regard. We haven't seen it all yet. Not exactly confident though.
I feel like no matter what career structure they come up with it will always end up boring if the AI is boring and slow to race against. Even GT's traditionally campaign would be a lot more fun if there was competent AI.

You probably have another idea in mind, but I miss the GT5 feature that allowed PSN friends to take your B-Spec drivers racing. It was a nice way to earn credits while being away from the PS3. B-Spec and its implementation was odd, but the “return the favor” social aspect of it was great.

Years ahead of release, yes, things change. 6 months out, not really. The last 6 months of game development is polishing and bug fixing, they don't make any major changes because doing so can introduce new bugs. Well actually 5 months, because it has to be finished about a month before release.

We've been here so many times, people say to just wait, things might be different at release. They never are, not this close to release.
Will see.

PS4 1.84 tflops
PS4pro 4.2 tflops
PS5 10.3 tflops

it makes sense to me if they would only give u 1080p30 on PS4 with 4k60 on PS5, the performance differences match to scale closely.
it also makes sense to me they cap a 4k30/1080p60 on PS5 for all RT-on scenes to get best visual quality while 1080p120/4k60 for gameplay.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice how the much slower turbo's spool up on the H.U.D guage, compared to how it is in GTSport?

Seems like PD are making sure there are distinct differences between engines that are N/A, Turbo, and Supercharged with the return of tuning

PS4 1.84 tflops
PS4pro 4.2 tflops
PS5 10.3 tflops

it makes sense to me if they would only give u 1080p30 on PS4 with 4k60 on PS5, the performance differences match to scale closely.
it also makes sense to me they cap a 4k30/1080p60 on PS5 for all RT-on scenes to get best visual quality while 1080p120/4k60 for gameplay.
30fps Gran Turismo? Nop, I don't believe! :)

Back