Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
I remember seeing this tweet some time ago where RUF themselves emailed a fan stating that "some of their cars" would feature in GT7 - wording is important as it implies we'll actually see more of them instead of just the CTR3 that featured in GT Sport (and it implies they won't be cut out entirely)

Of course, there's the chance this guy lied about the whole thing and the email is fabricated, but it seems like this would be a weird thing to lie about.

Fingers crossed, but I'm seen people internet flex over stranger stuff (unfortunately)

So the Taycan is also coming, and... What's behind it?
1631627598142.png

Exactly what I thought when the trailer came out, the game is shaping up to be a Porsche fan wet dream with the:
917 Living Legend
Carrera GT
911 GT3 RS
Cayman GT4

I just hope they add the 911 GT2 RS and the 992 Turbo S as well.

View attachment 1080172
I still don't know the name of that Porsche in the main cover art though:lol:
I did think it was one of these at first, mainly the Vision Spyder, but looks like a completely new VGT car.

- @okami11408 : might be one of the cars from the link above, headlight shape suggests 919 Street.

Last edited:
PS5 doesn't support 1440p
...how come?

You do know that games on consoles run at resolutions that devs make them run... other thing is output of the console, but even that, HDMI 2.1 is capable basically to output any possible combination of resolution, however we are talking here about internal render resolution...

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm not going wild for this new trailer. It's more from the same that we already knew. No really exiting cars or new items.
Are you really not excited about the Ferrari FXX K? And the legendary DB5? And that Porsche on the cover? And the Ford GT LM GTE 2018?

Of course we knew the 917 Living Legend would come to the GT7, but in the trailer we see it in action for the first time. And this fantastic machine appears from the shadows of the night facing you like an bright-eyed animal about to attack... leading the group of other beasts...

GT7porsche.png

Yes, I'm really excited about this little show, and it's still 6 months to launch. ;)

Last edited:
Because Sony doesn't support it as an output resolution on either the PS4 Pro or PS4, it really doesn't matter if its rendered internally at 1440 if you can only output it at 1080p on a 1440p monitor.

...fact is, consoles are made for connecting to TV, and TBH with you, I didn't see any TV that has 1440p resolution, it is same problem why we don't get UWHD support etc.

...fact is, consoles are made for connecting to TV, and TBH with you, I didn't see any TV that has 1440p resolution, it is same problem why we don't get UWHD support etc.
Of the three consoles I have in my house, two of them are connected to gaming monitors (and the one that isn't as standard will get moved when I hook it up to my rig), and its a surprisingly popular option. It's also an odd miss given that, as the linked article points out, MS supports it and has done for a while with a number of Xbox models. Its the same with the absence of VRR and ALLM on the PS5, these are options that are genuinely useful to consumers, and it's certainly not just a tiny minority of them.

Last edited:
I'm almost certain that Adria International Raceway is coming to GT7.

Firstly because the logo is in the game and it is a track for touring cars. Both images here share the same logo.
Autodromo-di-Adria-3.jpg

IMG_20210914_163323.jpg

Secondly, why would PD include a track logo of a real world track if it isn't coming to the game?

Last edited:

Firstly because the logo is in the game and it is a track for touring cars. Both images here share the same logo.

Secondly, why would PD include a track logo of a real world track if it isn't coming to the game?
Firstly, both of your reasons have "the logo is in the game" behind them.

Secondly, it's on the real car...

1631634337668.png

... which explains its presence without needing to invoke the circuit in the game.

View attachment 1080276
View attachment 1080277
It could be just because it's part of that car's livery (not sure if it's a real livery). Doesn't mean it has to come to the game.
That being said, I think it was just a fun little hint from them that it will be in the game.

So the Taycan is also coming, and... What's behind it?View attachment 1080177

The trailer footage seems like it's been recorded using the Japanese version.
If you change the console language, the in-game language, units of power, weight, etc... would be changed, but the credit scale wouldn't be changed.
And you can see the international credit scale in the screenshots in the official site.

Seeing all these special models like the 917LL, a Porsche VGT and a possible Porsche LMDh prototype makes me think that PD has grown close-ties with Porsche.

Perhaps we could get some Porsche Unseen models at the game like the:
images (2) (28).jpeg

919 Street

images (2) (31).jpeg

920 Vision

images (2) (27).jpeg

Vision Spyder Concept

images (2) (29).jpeg

904 Living Legend

I can only dream...

Attachments

• images (2) (27).jpeg
    images (2) (27).jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Who told you it's mandatory to learn technique thru the driving school? It isn't. There's nothing inherently invalid about just hopping in a lobby or race and sharpening your skills in there, if you don't want to jump thru hoops. I'm pretty sure PD won't hang a red banner over your car that says "LOOK OUT, I NEVER DID THE STRAIGHT LINE BRAKING LESSON".

I like the presence of these tests, repeatable controls you can use as a yardstick for progress, and the value you get out as with all training is equivalent to what you put in. You might not have a use for a straight line test as it stands, but what if you buy a new pedal set? What if you just want to try braking with the new haptic triggers in the most repeatable way possible, feeling for the ABS bite etc. Removing as many variables as possible is good for testing.

You're essentially complaining about the presence of these basic tests because you're beyond them, which is great, and yeah, most people who pick up the game are gonna be beyond those first two. But it will take less time to clear those tests than it has taken to write these posts, and it's safe to assume later tests will certainly present more robust and relevant challenges.

Just because you don't personally need it, doesn't make it a waste of development time. I don't drive 911s, but it wasn't a waste of time for PD to model however many of them, purely because they're not to my personal taste. That's a stretch, but, you see my point.

Regardless of whether it's a classic GT callback or a symptom of being stuck in the past, it's such a nothingburger of an issue I can't fathom getting annoyed about it.

EDIT: for me personally coming to GT sport from a pure rally game background, I did find the straight line braking tests useful in accounting for different weight and braking distances, and trying to brake in one smooth motion rather than braking in stages like one often does in technical rally sections.
I highlighted those two tests because they're in the screenshot PD showed but it's not just about them, it's about the broad fact that PD treat everyone as a beginner in every game, and questioning why they do it. If the license tests are entirely optional then it's less of a problem, but it seems they are not. So if I want to complete the main part of the game I'm forced to go through the same old tests, again. Why? Why can't PD simply ask or ascertain my skill level at the start of the game and start me on the ladder accordingly? The fact they only take a few minutes doesn't nullify these questions.

Also the other point is that they've seemingly put zero effort into the license centre again. It's just another copy/paste of what was in all of the previous games. Why? Have PD decided that this is the absolute best way to train people, that they got it right on the first try in GT1? As someone else said, what the game really needs to teach you properly is racecraft and how to drive around other cars, the written and unwritten rules of racing. Two short, vague videos aren't going to cut it, those can be ignored by reading text messages on your phone as they play.

Instead at the most they have tests that encourage and ask you to get past X cars any way possible within 23 seconds to get 'gold'. Is it any wonder people online think dive-bombing and using other cars as a brake is acceptable online when the game teaches you to do it? Where are the tests highlighting that not every corner is an overtaking opportunity? Where is the test to teach the etiquette in defending cleanly? What about giving out a license once a driver has done X number of clean races, forcing people to learn they need to do so to progress? I'm not a game designer but I can come up with loads of different ideas, why can't PD?

Is it a huge deal, the end of the world, not buying the game because of it? No, it's not. But it's also a lot deeper a problem than you insinuate, it's not just about two tests. It's frustration and disappointment to see a lack of progression in game design and bewilderment that PD treat everyone as a beginner.

Last edited:
Im not sure I buy into blaming any shortfalls of their game design on national culture
You need to play any Japanese gacha games in order to understand it. I played gacha games before GT Sport is out. When I saw the car wheel...I was like, "ah, this gacha ****"...LOL
I am not blaming stuff, it is just their own element.

You need to play any Japanese gacha games in order to understand it. I played gacha games before GT Sport is out. When I saw the car wheel...I was like, "ah, this gacha ****"...LOL
That means Gran Turismo 3 apparently played gacha games before gacha games were out...

1631637347056.png

It's also a wildly inappropriate comparison as gacha - like the gashapon machines they were named after - is basically a loot box mechanism: money in, random prize out. You don't put money into GTS (or GT3) to get the prize cars.

That means Gran Turismo 3 apparently played gacha games before gacha games were out...

View attachment 1080296

It's also a wildly inappropriate comparison as gacha - like the gashapon machines they were named after - is basically a loot box mechanism: money in, random prize out. You don't put money into GTS (or GT3) to get the prize cars.
But in GT Sport you put your "time" -- as in, workout, to get a roll. It does not always have to be real money

I don't mean to wildly inappropriate translates it -- it is just one of our current modern game elements.

But in GT Sport you put your "time" -- as in, workout, to get a roll.
Same as GT3.

If you're arguing that GTS takes the roulette wheel from the gacha game genre, you 'll need to concede that the gacha game genre took the roulette wheel from Gran Turismo 3, which pre-dated the entire gacha game genre by nearly a decade - Dragon Collection in 2010, if I remember correctly.

Gacha is money in (whether real currency or fictional game currenty), random prize out - basically a lootbox. GTS isn't that (money doesn't go in, and the prize isn't random), and neither was GT3. GTS's roulette wheel is inspired by GT3's roulette wheel, not gacha games.

So, what you're saying is that the PS5 isn't outputting at 1440P, and it cant, like everyone's been saying?
I’m simply replying to someone who misunderstood my previous post and thought I was saying it would output at 1440p. I should’ve said: runs at 1440p I guess.

Last edited:
I’m simply replying to someone who misunderstood my previous post and thought I was saying it would output at 1440p. I should’ve said: runs at 1440p I guess.
Yes, yet your original reply was to someone talking about what the PS5 is capable of outputting making it pretty irrelevant, as if you misunderstood.

Yes, yet your original reply was to someone talking about what the PS5 is capable of outputting making it pretty irrelevant, as if you misunderstood.
He was saying keep RT on for a 4K 30 or a 1080p 60 mode and I said they could run it like other games at 1440p 60. It then gets upscaled to a 4K output. I know there’s no 1440p output mode. Whatever lol

Last edited:
He was saying keep RT on for a 4K 30 or a 1080p 60 mode and I said they could run it like other games at 1440p 60. It then gets upscaled to a 4K output. I know there’s no 1440p output mode. Whatever lol
He was stating what he thinks GT will run at with its available resolutions. Keeping RT to a higher resolution but lower FPS in the instances it's used in, and a lower resolution but higher FPS for gameplay. He's basically saying to keep the heavy features for the higher resolution/lower FPS combo that isn't in gameplay. Making it look like you didn't understand the initial post you replied to.

Last edited:
One thing I'm immediately looking to right now, is the likely ramping-up of GT7's marketing, what with there being six months to launch. There's a lot I could speculate over, especially given the new release date trailer, but I'd much rather see the upcoming marketing materials/promo videos to get more info.

Another thing we need to note here, is that every single GT game since GT5 has had various DLC components, so I wouldn't worry about certain cars/tracks not being present in the day-one build of the game. It also seems to me that while the new trailer previews a newer build of GT7, it still seems like it may not be final, especially with one minor section featuring an equipped wheel that's labelled as a center-lock wheel when it's anything but that. That's also before we consider day-one patches, like we saw for GT6 and I think GTS as well.

Anyway, I'm hoping GT7's DLC will follow Sport's model, where the overwhelming majority of new additional cars and tracks are free, though I'd also be down for paid DLC in the vein of the Lewis Hamilton Challenge - as long as it's just a slight bit easier, haha!

EDIT: Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but did I see both the Porsche 917 Living Legend and the Jaguar VGT SV in a Gr.1 race?

Last edited:
Man, I'm honestly just hoping for the game to ship with a whole mess of 90's kei vehicles.

I'd be racing stock ones online with those for days.

Are you really not excited about the Ferrari FXX K? And the legendary DB5? And that Porsche on the cover? And the Ford GT LM GTE 2018?

Of course we knew the 917 Living Legend would come to the GT7, but in the trailer we see it in action for the first time. And this fantastic machine appears from the shadows of the night facing you like an bright-eyed animal about to attack... leading the group of other beasts...

View attachment 1080264

Yes, I'm really excited about this little show, and it's still 6 months to launch. ;)
No because those cars you mention are coupes and race cars. There will be 300ish of them in GT7. There will always be another coupe or race car that suits your purpose. A Vector or Koenigsegg would be a nice addition though... I want more cars in other categories like SUV's, saloons, limo's, trucks, etc. Things that drive completely different than the average sportscar.

Last edited:
Back