Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
The year is 2022, and people still think that "next gen" is even possible anymore, despite two (soon to be three) entire generations to the contrary.

Back in the '80s and '90s, gaming was changing massively every few years because tech was changing alongside it. Since about 2006, gaming has not really changed, not because developers are getting "lazy" (they're quite the opposite), but because tech reached a certain point.

The PS5 is just a PS4 Pro II. That's all technology will really allow anymore. Dread them, run from them, but upper limits arrive all the same.
I agree that we are at a point of diminishing returns graphically. Although UE5 looks to push on that some. However, your bolded statement discounts the cpu and ssd advances in the PS5.

About the cars having the functions they have irl like GR Supra, Evo, and GR Yaris.
About the controller and wheel preferences. Enjoying the game either way. Pretty much the debates gtp players have about wheels and controllers.

There's a media GT7 event coming next week, right?
not confirmed, just supposedly a preview event for the press coming from a freelance writer who leaked EA games stuff. So a preview event for the press next week, which doesn't mean previews will go up that week since who knows how long the embargo is. And he suggested there should be a state of play early Feb for the general public, which usually happens after these press-only preview events.

New 30 second supercut trailer uploaded to the PS5 PS Store page. I'm 99% sure it's a new TV Spot. Question is, when will they debut it? During NFL playoffs? The Daytona 24hrs? THE SUPERBOWL?

Attachments

• DSC_0532.JPG
    DSC_0532.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 8
New 30 second supercut trailer uploaded to the PS5 PS Store page. I'm 99% sure it's a new TV Spot. Question is, when will they debut it? During NFL playoffs? The Daytona 24hrs? THE SUPERBOWL?
Been watching football all day and nothing.

Sony spending money to advertise GT7 at the Super Bowl would be so epic but I can't remember a precedent. A quick Google search says they did it with The Order: 1886.

Looks like the teaser of Nike One 2022 Launch Edition has finished.
And the car was added in Phil Frank's homepage.

To go off topic a bit, I want to go back to the announcement trailer and one thing I want to discuss is GT World mode. I don't know if this was pointed out before, but I think GT World is now both Arcade and Simulation mode. Because not only am I seeing the familiar GT events on the bottom, but there's the typical arcade mode options to the left.

Also, I find it a bit interesting that you're selecting a track first before picking out an event. Almost like you're not expected to complete events in a certain order now. Except for maybe the license tests being restrictions like the past games. Just saying, but I think there's more changes to the GT structure then we think. Just a thought I would share.
GT7 - track select.png

This video was uploaded 10 minutes ago:

That has a really weird vibe. First, it's like "please do our marketing for us". Second, it's so vague and the presentation is so low energy.

Did Sony put the marketing interns on this project or something? There are better ways to get a hashtag trending than this. Just tell everyone that Sarah is B-Spec Bob after transition surgery and watch the internet explode. #GTLife #findyourline

To go off topic a bit, I want to go back to the announcement trailer and one thing I want to discuss is GT World mode. I don't know if this was pointed out before, but I think GT World is now both Arcade and Simulation mode. Because not only am I seeing the familiar GT events on the bottom, but there's the typical arcade mode options to the left.

Also, I find it a bit interesting that you're selecting a track first before picking out an event. Almost like you're not expected to complete events in a certain order now. Except for maybe the license tests being restrictions like the past games. Just saying, but I think there's more changes to the GT structure then we think. Just a thought I would share.
View attachment 1107920
That's okay if you are applying a very specific search filter for a huge number of events but if that's the primary way of selecting events then PD really are incapable of telling their good ideas apart from their bad ones (legitimately this is the only explanation i have for shuffle racing appearing in GT 5 then it never appearing since)

Last edited:
good observation man. I really hope they improve this UI its not up to the GT standard

whats that car doing the time trial on high speed ring? looks like a fiat 500 to me but my screen is a bit blurry
Definitely a Fiat 500. Can't wait to modify the crap out of one when the game releases. You could put like 110HP+ in them in GT6, and make them an absolute missile around the corners once you add all the weight reductions, add better tires, and tune the gearing and suspension to right where you need it. A great exercise for anyone wanting to learn how to tune tbh.

Last edited:
After the Taipei chat and the male presenter saying, “this is the clip I prepared for you”(something like that), its like PD ripped that 30 second clip from someone else.

Had a look at the past updates in GTSport. So weird that the December 2017 update introduces GT League. In that video, the cars enter and exit a tunnel at Tokyo Expressway. The headlights of the cars turn on and off. GT7 trailers show that program and cars In the Deep Forest video do as well. After four years… maybe.

I am pretty much excited for the new GT coming out in march. There is only one thing that really worries me. There is no single footage of more than 16 cars on track. I really do hope they didn't downgrade grid sizes just for PS4 to run this game, and even so... I hope PS5 will have more in arcade mode or something.

View attachment 1107920
I feel like GT World menu in GT7 was more like GT4's Course Select in GT Mode. But it fits the events that include that track as well for multiple access (you can access with either track menu or event) perhaps.
1643017384364.png

This video was uploaded 10 minutes ago:

It's in relation to this Asia-only contest (announced at the Taipei Game Show stream):

View attachment 1107920
Hope theres an option to hide the sarah/rupert faces. :lol:

That's just something they showed in a trailer two years ago. We don't know if that's actually how it'll work. For example, since then they completely changed the look of the home screen from a 2D menu with a city as background into a 3D beach town environment.

I feel like GT World menu in GT7 was more like GT4's Course Select in GT Mode. But it fits the events that include that track as well for multiple access (you can access with either track menu or event) perhaps.
I would say that, but I didn't see anything that resembled a GT League mode in that trailer footage other than Championship Mode, but that could easily be something else.

That's okay if you are applying a very specific search filter for a huge number of events but if that's the primary way of selecting events then PD really are incapable of telling their good ideas apart from their bad ones (legitimately this is the only explanation i have for shuffle racing appearing in GT 5 then it never appearing since)
That's true. The big issue I see with GT mode being played like this is that completing events will be a pain as you'll have to constantly back out of tracks and navigate to the next track that may have the event. and if you take the career by track, then I can see players getting bored racing on the same track multiple times.

Last edited:
Back