Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
I don't think GT7 is going to be delayed at this point in the game. I fully expect it to out on 3/4. Besides it was already delayed once. It was supposed to PS5 " launch title" or better yet it was supposed to be out during that holiday season. And like sucker I believed that mess. :lol:

Surely @Famine could confirm if there was an event ever scheduled...
What makes you think I either could or would?

We don't get invited to everything; there's plenty of events for mainstream gaming, mainstream media, and other niche but large markets (like the one that covered "lad mags" back before GT Sport) that we don't find out about until after the articles go live.

Even if we do get invited to something, it's not uncommon that there not only an embargo but an NDA - and an NDA for the NDA, so you can't even talk about the NDA or the embargo.

As for whatever this thing was supposed to be... no idea, but I definitely wasn't on a guest list for anything this week except a GRID Legends thing I haven't posted yet because I dozed off.

One user on Resetera knows somone that received an email from Sony saying that a new date for the event will be sent to the press in less than 24h. He said that the game is pretty much done, as well.

What does RTM'd mean?

Tom Henderson is not the most reliable source.. the guy(like many on twitter) love to stir rumors and speculate like "Sony has a big event on the 25th of February!"

Two days later "omg, emergency happened, their scared at something MS will show next month, show cancelled"

And it's cycle after cycle of fake rumors that make them more famous.

I'm almost 100% certain GT7 will release on time. According to PS game size, the file sizes are only updated when the game is being prepped to be loaded on the PSN back end, he already confirmed it's 80-something gigs.

So anyone screaming the sky is falling right now.. I wouldn't trust. 🤷

Last edited:
On the surface, GT7 looks to be the most complete GT game ever. I just hope that the experience is superior to what came before.
Not sure I'd agree about "most complete GT game ever" especially since we don't know what of all is in store yet. GT4 is the "most complete" game in my opinion: Few bugs, lots of content, well-tested and very stable. Everything that came after it should have stayed in development until it was stable, which extends all the way to GT Sport as well. The old era of pre-patched GT Sport, where the Mazda ND wore ice skates for tires and Gr.3 MR cars could do donuts with just 10% throttle applied.

Above all else, I hope for a stable base game version, no broken vehicles that need to get fixed, no broken tuning parts like GT5 with most Mitsubishis, no custom parts bugs like in GT6 where equipping custom wheels changed the tires to donut-sized and thus ruining the handling, no lazy straight physics parameters imports like the Infiniti Vision GT which grips like a dream in GT6 but grips like veggie oil in GT Sport.

Every game since GT5 has had players waiting on fixes for several parts of the game since they can just "release now, finish later". We're trading waiting time for waiting time: Players can play the game sooner but it also takes more time to get the game finished and stable if the developers discover any bugs they need to fix, yet most players seem content with that.

Actual content of the game? Maybe they're saving it for release day, hence the skimpy reveals, but stability and quality-of-life of the game? If I have to wait for another update to fix vehicle handling in yet another GT release...

All the features etc. seem great, but I'm worried that it'll practically mean nothing if the actual racing in the career sucks - it's great they have all these surface features, new and old, but to me at least they're pointless inclusions if the AI is just chase the rabbit again, made worse if the rabbit happens to brake about 100m before it should and slows down to let you pass.

That's the only thing I'm really hoping has changed.

Kaz did say it's the most-ambitious (or something like that) GT yet 'though, didn't he?
There is nothing revolutionary or ambitious about gt7 (from what we've seen so far). Graphics are next-gen yes but you'd expect that from a ps5 game anyways. Content-wise I feel like it's gonna be the same as gt sport but with more cars and a different menu. The career mode is useless if they keep the same trash AI.
Kaz is getting old and he needs to understand that people don't buy racing games for the photography or the menu

Maybe a silly question but will GT7 having post launch content, more tracks added, more cars etc anyone know? Not long to find out and can’t wait for 25th anniversary edition.

Maybe a silly question but will GT7 having post launch content, more tracks added, more cars etc anyone know? Not long to find out and can’t wait for 25th anniversary edition.
From the EuroGamer interview last September: https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-09-16-the-big-gran-turismo-7-interview

“Gran Turismo Sport provided the foundations for the last generation of the series on PS4, and was something you built upon. In a similar way, is GT7 going to be the foundation for this next generation, and how do you intend to build upon it?

Kazunori Yamauchi:
You're absolutely right in saying that GT7 will be something that will progress based on the progression of the PS5 platform. What we will obviously do is add more tracks and more cars as we go along as well. But in terms of the features, there are still some features that we've had in the past titles that still haven't made a comeback yet. That's something that we would like to do. And we also have other ideas on top of that, as well, but it's still too early to start talking about that yet.”

Kaz did say it's the most-ambitious (or something like that) GT yet 'though, didn't he?
He'd say that regardless of how true it was though. It's his job. He's hardly going to come out and say "we really wanted to scale back our vision and deliver something well below what our players expect of us".

Besides, even if it's true it's not necessarily a good thing. One can be ambitious and fail.
Kazunori Yamauchi: And we also have other ideas on top of that, as well, but it's still too early to start talking about that yet.
Lol, apparently 6 weeks before release is also still too early to start talking about these other ideas. :P

Lol, apparently 6 weeks before release is also still too early to start talking about these other ideas. :P
Me thinks anything he was referring to here would come post-release as patches, if at all. They may just decide to hold back those ideas for future titles.

I am just curious to hear what progress, if any, from GT Sport will be importable/carried to GT7.

Dunno who this dude is and I have no idea why he's creating unnecessary confusion to the public. The event got delayed but there's no actual proof that PD is delaying the game. Straight up jumping to conclusion without proof. If I were Sony I would not invite this dude.
Worth noting that he never said the game was delayed.

He said the last time a media event from Sony was cancelled on such short notice it resulted in a delay. (TLOU2)

You’re actually drawing your own conclusions from that.

Sent a dm to PlayStation Game Size on twitter, he tells me GT7 is 100% gone Gold. (according to the Store listing) and that PD are currently working on a Day 1 patch.

No delay is going to happen.
Literally the only thing that could cause a delay now is some catastrophic logistical issue, but no other release seems to have any issues, so I'm sure we're getting it on launch day!

Last edited:
Nah I don't think the game is getting delayed, as it already was last year. And if I recall well, the Yamauchi Dinosaur said this March date was final in one random interview.

This is all about media attention seeking.

Back