Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,187 comments
This game is stunning.

From Twitter :drool:

1646430795051.png

1646430893036.png

1646430941855.png

Hey everyone. First time posting… I joined in the lead up to GT4! (Yes I’m old)

What’s happened to proper championships?

Does anyone that’s relatively deep into the career know if we get eventually multi track championships like the old GT All Stars, GT World Championship etc? I’ve been searching everywhere to find answers. Surely it can’t just be track days with one track. Literally every championship in real life is at multiple tracks and it’s part of GT history.

To be honest I’m kinda missing the old format. I thought GT4 had the perfect format but I guess times change. I’d even take GT5/6 format over this. It’s a bit tiresome going back and forth. Kinda bad UX if you ask me (I work in that field).

I love the new handling though, way more fun with a wheel. And the ability to add parts and tune again is great. The AI not so much but this is GT after all.

I've got TCS on 1 - because TCS is a lot nicer and works more sensibly than before - but nothing else.
Same here.

I’m also playing with no HUD with Bumper Cam.

So far I love the physics, even the smallest mod or change to a car can be felt. Everything just feels so good, only cars I’ve not had a good time with are the American Muscle Cars, not my cup of tea.

Hey everyone. First time posting… I joined in the lead up to GT4! (Yes I’m old)

What’s happened to proper championships?

Does anyone that’s relatively deep into the career know if we get eventually multi track championships like the old GT All Stars, GT World Championship etc? I’ve been searching everywhere to find answers. Surely it can’t just be track days with one track. Literally every championship in real life is at multiple tracks and it’s part of GT history.

To be honest I’m kinda missing the old format. I thought GT4 had the perfect format but I guess times change. I’d even take GT5/6 format over this. It’s a bit tiresome going back and forth. Kinda bad UX if you ask me (I work in that field).

I love the new handling though, way more fun with a wheel. And the ability to add parts and tune again is great. The AI not so much but this is GT after all.
Championships are part of the menu book in GT cafe you unlock them as you progress through the book. You start off with the trash wagon championships and you start unlocking championships for faster cars as you along. I’m on menu book 33 and I think I’ve done 7 or 8 championships now.

OMG Kaz Is a sadist. S10 is cruel and unusual.

50 miles before I could get one lap completed.

A 917 at Spa. Wet. I got bronze. I'm never doing it again.
Keep trying, man!

Question to anyone — is there any way to reset the odometer? I fear there isn’t. Tried buying a new engine for 100,000 for a used car with ~97,000 kms but that didn’t help.

Did a few races with the duel sense. It feels great, but I’m not a fan of the triggers, I usually turn those off in every other game.

What a rollercoaster I've been on. Excitement for finally getting the 25th Anniversary edition, redeemed the codes for PS4, and got no download :banghead:. Never had this issue before so searched around, and found I had to go to the Playstation website, sign in, and kick off the download there. What kind of crap is that.

Now the wait for the download.

Is it me or is the sense of speed much greater in GT7 than in 6 or Sport?

Granted the massively improved sounds are part of it, but still.
Not only that I feel like the game gives a better since of turbo lag and not just I stand boost feeling like in GTS… reminds me of GTHD love how they turbos kicked in!

Championships are part of the menu book in GT cafe you unlock them as you progress through the book. You start off with the trash wagon championships and you start unlocking championships for faster cars as you along. I’m on menu book 33 and I think I’ve done 7 or 8 championships now.
7-8! Nice. Looking forward to that. I’m still pretty early on, I think menu book 14.

Pretty impressed with the game so far,a few niggles but overall im good with it.The ai doesnt bother me as im not the best of drivers so its a bit of a challenge for me.lol
What level opens up to buy tuning parts?A message popped up telling me i had unlocked semi racing parts,or words to that effect.Also when can we start to customise?

After more hours and still failing to beat this GR.3 GT cup GT7 IMO has been extremely fun and the AI is great in this event. I am using a stock Supra GT500… the sound and driving dynamics are great! I’m getting in third but the AI has me pushing like crazy. I can understand people hating the chase the rabbit starts but once you get into the racing is fun and competitive. This seems only for the pepper i label races.

FFS, what tires are the license test cars using? Is there any tread pattern or are they completely bald? It feels particularly egregious here because you enter a corner at the lowest and all the car wants to do is spin away and drill through the tarmac looking for oil.

Last night (this morning, let's be honest :lol: ) the NSX test at Suzuka? It got to the point where I more or less manhandled it to get gold. I feel like I exploited the game's physics to get the car to do what I needed, and it felt slower than driving the way I'm supposed to. :odd:

I can feel the improvements in the physics (at least I think they're improvements and not a placebo effect) but please, for the love of the Mazda Furai, get me off of these goddamn tires. :lol:
Wait till you reach S-10 lol

I golden the first 2 music rallies. The SURV1V3 one kicked my butt, I can only get silver.
With that said, I'm happy to drive on Trial Mountain again. The new version of SURV1V3 sounds amazing.

How do I get into online daily races ?

As with GT Sport, you’ll find the races under the Sport Mode section — which you’ll need to unlock by completing Menu Book 9 (“Championship: Tokyo Highway Parade”) in the GT Cafe single player hub.

Does Gran Turismo 7 feature online multiplayer?

As with its predecessor, GT Sport, Gran Turismo 7 features both ranked and unranked multiplayer events.

You will be able to arrange private or public lobbies for racing, and there’s a new “meeting place” function for just getting together and showing off cars.

In addition there’s the official “Sport Mode”, and the flagship esports tournament too. You will need to unlock the multiplayer and Sport Mode areas of the game, by finishing Menu Book 9.

Back