Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,379 comments
I wanted to save my first widebody upgrade for something special, this did not disappoint.

3ba2063516967a03d15dc97454cfa145_photo.webp

Found a negative about the carbon fiber paint chip. To use it, you have to paint the whole car with it. So if you want a carbon hood and/or trunk, you have to paint the whole car carbon fiber, then use decals in the livery editor to put color on the rest of the body. And with that you are limited to generic colors...

I was honestly on the brink of leaving this franchise behind.

When I saw the initial GT7 reveal in 2020, I was pleased but cautiously optimistic. GT Sport left a bad taste in my mouth and I knew that it was make or break for the team at PD. I became fed up with the stupid decisions, the daily races, a crap career, the constant adjustments to the physics and the lack of heart that was so sorely missing. I felt no sense of achievement whatsoever and my league racing results turned to poo off the back of the major physics update in 2019. I got more enjoyment out of Project Cars 2 despite some of it's glaring flaws and when I left that game, I made the decision to buy Assetto Corsa on PC because I wanted to experience the very best. Then I bought Assetto Corsa Competizione off the back of that, and I was extremely impressed with they way it simulated everything. I realised just how far behind the game GT Sport was and I became frustrated because it seemed so out of touch with the competition. I doubted PD's ability to produce a good game and my level of skepticism was high to say the least.

Not anymore.

This game is an INSTANT CLASSIC and I honestly cannot believe we are able to enjoy something as special as this today. The whole package is brilliant with weather effects like nothing else, incredible graphics, surprisingly good physics and a huge scope for tuning and customisation. Everything about this game is soo well done (except for the AI) and I simply cannot fault it. This is peak Gran Turismo. Being able to take a s***box Honda Fit and turn it into a race car is hilarious. It's the game we all needed at a time where the industry needed it most, and I'm soo pleased with the result. The heart, the effort and the passion is clear for all to see. It may be built upon GT Sport but it doesn't feel like it in the slightest; it feels like the GT of old and then some. Objectively, this is the best GT game ever made. Not only does it look to the past but it also looks to the future; a future that seems brighter than ever. It may have a similar structure to the old games but it feels new and fresh. PD have done the impossible and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
They ruined the cockpit cam for me by not having a 'fixed' camera option like 5/6/S. This camera wobbling **** is making me nauseous.

Welp, I learned one thing about the PS4 digital code that comes with the 25th Anniversary Edition; it includes the bonuses such as the extra credits automatically. I know because I saw over 1 million credits immediately in my gamesave and I couldn't resist blowing it all on a bunch of cars.

They ruined the cockpit cam for me by not having a 'fixed' camera option like 5/6/S. This camera wobbling **** is making me nauseous.
Ironically enough, cockpit movement makes me feel less nauseous than a fixed one, so this was a very welcome change for me. I do agree there should be an option to switch back to the classic view, though

Was anyone else disconnected? Did I miss a maintenance notice or something?

EDIT: It's back up now. Odd. Though, I do enjoy the rest of the game being unavailable because the single player portion of the game needs an online connection. For some reason.

Last edited:
Working on menu book 25, with two licenses and one mission challenge done. I have 44 cars and I only bought 2 of them. The credits for the races aren’t bad either for 2-3 lap races. I don’t think I’ll need to worry about buying cars any time soon.

Last edited:
I golden the first 2 music rallies. The SURV1V3 one kicked my butt, I can only get silver.
With that said, I'm happy to drive on Trial Mountain again. The new version of SURV1V3 sounds amazing.
I took a few attempts, have to be really careful to keep the Cobra composed in corners and also be lucky with the cars you get given to pass, meeting any of them at awkward points really slows you down.

Back