Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
I’m hoping PD are going to knock it out of the park. I’m expecting the details of Assetto Corsa and Project Cars with the accessibility that PD is known to bring.

Its been so long since I’ve purchased a Sony product, and I hope they give good reason.

Full sim or nothing!

Those FIA races hosted by PD are incredibly fun to watch. I don't think the game is forgettable at all. At least they tried something new in GTSport. They are obviously burned out with doing the same thing for almost 20 years.
This.

As much as how Sport went on a different route, at least they gave the traditional stuff a break for once which is something I wanted to see them do because six games of the same thing over and over again got boring for me.

As for that PS5 event, whatever happens I'm ready for what PD may have in store or not.

This.

As much as how Sport went on a different route, at least they gave the traditional stuff a break for once which is something I wanted to see them do because six games of the same thing over and over again got boring for me.
So, "7" time's the charm then. :sly:

The application in Argentina was for "Gran Turismo ".. so.. was that unrelated to this game? or could this really be a reboot?

This.

As for that PS5 event, whatever happens I'm ready for what PD may have in store or not.
Let's hope "new" this time around isn't driving a Rover on mars! lol.
I just want PD to focus on all things core to the Gran Tursimo core values and ethos. I want loads of normal everyday cars,old classic tracks,new Original tracks and all the cool things that makes GT... GT.

So, "7" time's the charm then. :sly:
It's funny you mention that since 7 is my favorite number and main driver number for some leagues I participate. :lol:
Let's hope "new" this time around isn't driving a Rover on mars! lol.
I just want PD to focus on all things core to the Gran Tursimo core values and ethos. I want loads of normal everyday cars,old classic tracks,new Original tracks and all the cool things that makes GT... GT.
To be honest though the special events in GT5 and 6 such as The Grand Tour, Sierra Time Trial Challenge, Goodwood Hillclimb, Senna Tribute, etc. is what I enjoyed and served as an escape from the norm that GT Mode has.

It's funny you mention that since 7 is my favorite number and main driver number for some leagues I participate. :lol:

To be honest though the special events in GT5 and 6 such as The Grand Tour, Sierra Time Trial Challenge, Goodwood Hillclimb, Senna Tribute, etc. is what I enjoyed and served as an escape from the norm that GT Mode has.
I dont mind those all that much, but just want them to use time more wisely. We cant have a new game on PS5... with like 200 cars and side content where they say "guys... we will patch cars to build up that lost over time.." it would cause a bit of disdain in my heart towards other modes that may be in the game, as that means they prioritized that over a better car list.

I'm just hoping that gran turismo 7 is classic gran turismo. I'll be really annoyed if gt sport 2 is announced instead of gt7. Make it feel like a traditional gt game but expand and improve from those previous games. For example introducing things like Muti class racing, engine swaps and overhauling the AI to where its not chase the rabbit would be huge. But also bringing back things like classic tracks, used car dealerships and shuffle racing. No repeat of gt sport.

I'm just hoping that gran turismo 7 is classic gran turismo. I'll be really annoyed if gt sport 2 is announced instead of gt7. Make it feel like a traditional gt game but expand and improve from those previous games. For example introducing things like Muti class racing, engine swaps and overhauling the AI to where its not chase the rabbit would be huge. But also bringing back things like classic tracks, used car dealerships and shuffle racing. No repeat of gt sport.
my man. This is what I want to!

The application in Argentina was for "Gran Turismo ".. so.. was that unrelated to this game? or could this really be a reboot?
It was to renew trademarks that were expiring in July. The timing of June 4th was mere coincidence.

When Sony trademarked Shadow of the Colossus on the actual day of the reveal announcement in 2017, it did it across all of Europe. The previous title came out in 2005/6 (2005 in the USA, 2006 in Europe), so it was a necessary step for an expired IP.

The fact that these PD/GT trademarks were filed in Argentina only should have injected some doubt into the significance - why just Argentina? What's so important about the Argentina market? The fact it's a territory Sony already sells the game in (Facundo Dudulec, an Argentine, has been at World Tour events...) should have been a further alarm bell. But lots of sites ran with it anyway rather than looking into it because muh-GT7-traffic...

It was to renew trademarks that were expiring in July. The timing of June 4th was mere coincidence.

When Sony trademarked Shadow of the Colossus on the actual day of the reveal announcement in 2017, it did it across all of Europe. The previous title came out in 2005/6 (2005 in the USA, 2006 in Europe), so it was a necessary step for an expired IP.

The fact that these PD/GT trademarks were filed in Argentina only should have injected some doubt into the significance - why just Argentina? What's so important about the Argentina market? The fact it's a territory Sony already sells the game in (Facundo Dudulec, an Argentine, has been at World Tour events...) should have been a further alarm bell. But lots of sites ran with it anyway rather than looking into it because muh-GT7-traffic...
I see, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I was suspect because it was Argentina and not any place in the EU, NA.
But... I still have hipe we will get an announcement.....PURELY because Jordan liked a post ;-) .

Im still on the hype train... possibly until it derails at the end of the hour after Thursday's show lol.

If the next GT goes back to the classic formula, then the work done in Sport will just be null and void. There was potential in GTS to actually have a focused direction and get the gameplay elements tightened up.

The classic formula is stale, out-dated and needs to be put out to pasture for good. Staying with the old formula because "muh nostalgia" is a waste of time. Competition from other sims is still strong and radical definitive change is needed for GT to continue competing.

Reject tradition, embrace modernity

If the next GT goes back to the classic formula, then the work done in Sport will just be null and void. There was potential in GTS to actually have a focused direction and get the gameplay elements tightened up.

The classic formula is stale, out-dated and needs to be put out to pasture for good. Staying with the old formula because "muh nostalgia" is a waste of time. Competition from other sims is still strong and radical definitive change is needed for GT to continue competing.

Oh yes, because having less content and less detailed tuning is so forward-thinking...

I think the online competition aspect of GTS will be here to stay, and why not ? We've recently seen that PC3 will copy the idea of daily races.

I don't think we'll ever got back to the old formula of GT, the big question is will they make a mix of the two for GT7 ?
I think PD may have been taken aback slightly at the reaction to GTS and may well incorporate a "career" mode of some sort. I guess we'll find out.

I just hope we don't go back to the days of the 1000 car boasts, only to find 247 of them are MX5s or skylines. Quantity does not equal quality.

Gut feel is that they might have some footage of GT7 (or whatever they call it) at the PS5 unveiling but I'd be surprised if its a launch title.

Last edited:

I don't think it's hard to believe that GTS was a placeholder to get them from GT6 to GT7 and through the PS4 life cycle. They're notorious for long dev times and there's no way they could do another GT5P. I think the core of GT should remain (because it's just a great game model in general), but I do see Kaz's vision of GT impeding its progress in modern video game racing. Thankfully he jumped into E Sports with GTS to get their name out there and gather as much experience and data as they can, but they could also improve every other aspect of offline or even online community after they get the core of the game squared away. So while I hope GT7 is as ground breaking as all the other first fights on a new system, I'm just glad it's "on time."

Last edited:
In all honesty, I am expecting all the same offline modes we currently have in GTS, plus a few more events. They'll add some more cars & tracks, but I think it'll be GTS 2.0. Now that wouldn't totally be a bad thing per se, but I just don't see them moving away from everything they built up the past few years.

Jerome

I see no reason we can't have both.

The only problem is not enough time and development to fit both. But there are no limits on what a game can contain.
For all the content, cars and tracks, they may not have time, and I'm fine with dlcs, it gives me something to look forward to, after all, you can't play with everything at the same time, but for features and functions they've had plenty of time. The ps4 and ps5 use the same architecture so I'm sure gt7 won't have to be built from scratch like gts was because of ps3 and ps4 incompatabilities. And rumor has it that Kaz has been talking to fia finalists at the events and has also be playing old gt versions to see if any of the old features and functions can or should be included. I feel the future looks bright.

Didn't Kaz mentioned before that the next GT will be a combination of past, present, and future?
Past = classic GT mode, tracks, and obscure normal cars
Present = Sport mode
Future = probably new features and game modes that haven't been implemented in previous GTs

Didn't Kaz mentioned before that the next GT will be a combination of past, present, and future?
Past = classic GT mode, tracks, and obscure normal cars
Present = Sport mode
Future = probably new features and game modes that haven't been implemented in previous GTs
I hope so

You thought you did something with this one huh

I'm going to say no! I don't believe in the idea that all change is good and all traditions should be gone.

I have more to say on this, but I'll elaborate later.

Alright, time to elaborate. The idea of GT as a series just becoming an online only, eSports game makes me uncomfortable. As a side-game, that's fine. However, that's just not enough for numbered title imo. GT Sport itself has been fun to play, but it just felt hollow. Even with the GT League mode added.

With that said, I don't want the mode gone as people do like it and I even had fun with it every so often. However, I still want a full-on single player career that's similar to past GTs. It just needs to be refined a bit, maybe take ideas from the Forza games or Project Cars to mix things up. The customization also could use some improvement.

Bottom line, I don't think the traditional GT career has to go or should go. GT Sport finally added a livery editor for the series and I hate for the next GT to not allow me to apply modifications like in GT6 to match the custom liveries I could make.

So we had...not counting special editions or prologue versions:

Gran Turismo 1 - PS1 - Standalone
Gran Turismo 2 - PS1 - Standlaone

Gran Turismo 3 - PS2 - Standalone
Gran Turismo 4 - PS2 - Standalone

Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - Standalone - w/Online play
Gran Turismo 6 - PS3 - Standalone - w/Online play

Gran Turismo Sport - PS4 - Online only (which suxs)
with a bajillion updates.....

So.....we should have now:

Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 - Standalone - w/Online Play (Optional)

Right? :sly:

Would be really 🤬 annoyed if Sony where lazy with PD and announced GT Sport in 8k!

What are your expectations in the upcoming reveal? Do you guys hope to be blown away by GT7 or just expect it to be an upgraded version of GTSport in terms of visuals?

Back