Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,379 comments
Coming sooooooooon in 2023 very sooooon.

This is an official social media Gran Turismo account or is a fan account?
Official account but not from Poly in Japan. And the tone itself clearly shows it...
Nothing against the guy behind the account but as long as Poly lives in its bubble, this account is useless.

Official account but not from Poly in Japan. And the tone itself clearly shows it...
Nothing against the guy behind the account but as long as Poly lives in its bubble, this account is useless.

PR is Sony, not PoDi.

In other case, from @sems4arsenal in Resetera, Lucas Ordonez has published a story on his IG that he is doing something with Playstation and a thinking emoji. He then posted a photo of himself in the airport.

Wait and see

GT YouTube channel teasing dynamic time of day in the community section?
https://www.youtube.com/c/GRANTURISMOTV

Probably just a graphics “showcase” and not in game, but one can hope.

They posted the same on twitter. It's just the same footage from the reveal trailer showing volumetric dynamic clouds, which hints at dynamic weather. The shadows in this timelapse don't even move so I'm still not confident dynamic time of day transitions are in...

hey guys... is this new!?

http://www.gamefront.de/archiv10-2020-gamefront/Gran-Turismo-7---Short-Cllip-PS5.html

Gran Turismo 7: Kurzes Video zeigt dynamisches Wetter
22.10.20 - Polyphony Digital zeigt einen sehr kurzen Video-Clip (3 Sekunden) zum Rennspiel Gran Turismo 7, in dem das dynamische Wetter zu sehen ist. Release: TBA (Europa)
www.gamefront.de

google translate:
Polyphony Digital shows a very short video clip (3 seconds) for the racing game Gran Turismo 7, in which the dynamic weather can be seen

edit: oh sorry... i just noticed the above comments.

Last edited:
Who's to say how 'long' that time-lapse clip is?
It just shows a dark cloud blocking, and then moving past to reveal the sunlight.
Does it represent 10 minutes or 10 hours?

From what I can tell the position of the light source barely moves.

I've noticed that and haven't seen it talked about. Graphics are such a high priority for PD but take a quick look at the sky on a decent TV and it looks like a grainy painting. You'd think with such focus on 4K and above that they wouldn't allow how bad it looks compared to other assets on the tracks.

I've noticed that and haven't seen it talked about. Graphics are such a high priority for PD but take a quick look at the sky on a decent TV and it looks like a grainy painting. You'd think with such focus on 4K and above that they wouldn't allow how bad it looks compared to other assets on the tracks.
Are you talking about the gif that's been recently posted? Well, it's a gif, so it's not a surprise that it looks so grainy.

Looking back at the trailer, I realized the BAC Mono that's there might be the much newer one with a turbo (as seen on the nose of the blue one
with the new BAC logo).

(Couldn't post in the Master Car List cause I might get a double-post).

Looking back at the trailer, I realized the BAC Mono that's there might be the much newer one with a turbo (as seen on the nose of the blue one
with the new BAC logo).

Two successive posts separated by almost two full months isn't a double-post.

And it's not a second generation car. The two cars have totally different body panels, and the cars in the video have first gen panels. The most obvious one is on the roll hoop around the filler cap - on first-gen cars, it's a separate panel from the surrounding bodywork; on second-gen cars it's integrated with the rest of the body. Mk2s also have different mirror supports, with two blades rather than one stalk on the Mk1.

with the new BAC logo).

Hold on lemme get this straight,

A car
Designed off of a robot,
In a Icelandic Music Video,
From Britain,
With waterproof fabric,
And a engine from an economy car,
Now gets a turbo?

I thought it had one from the start!
Oh well:lol:

And?? It could be early 2021.

I assumed he mentioned it being in the launch trailer to suggest it could still be a launch title.

Anyway given that we've seen next to nothing of Horizon I doubt it is coming early 2021. I still personally expect that and GT7 to be the big 2021 Holiday titles.

Back