Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,387 comments
Well, turns out that the replay can be a bit different from what you really saw during the race.
It can be very different. I was messing around on Catalunya the other night with alternate layouts (see: few posts ago) and on the first lap I meticulously moved the foam barriers all completely off the track. In the replay it looks like I missed a few. And if you skip the first lap on the replay, when I come back around they're all standing there like I hadn't just moved them. 😆

The horn button is the worst thing to happen to online lobbies.

beep beeeeeeeep beep

MAKE IT STOP
Honk for grandma's
dodge.png

In previous posts, it was said that the GT8 could be released no later than 2026.

I wish not.

I think GT7 can be fixed and subjected to content, interface and graphics updates to hold up as the only GT game of this generation.

I think PD should give opportunity for a new game of Tourist Trophy 2.

Sony, alias, could even found a subsidiary of PD in Italy and hire the people from Milestone that produced RIDE.

In previous posts, it was said that the GT8 could be released no later than 2026.

I wish not.

I think GT7 can be fixed and subjected to content, interface and graphics updates to hold up as the only GT game of this generation.

I think PD should give opportunity for a new game of Tourist Trophy 2.

Sony, alias, could even found a subsidiary of PD in Italy and hire the people from Milestone that produced RIDE.

Nah. I hope we get a proper next gen GT in the next couple of years.
GT7 is severely held back by being cross gen and it shows.
It’s basically a port of a PS4 game.

I think it’s fine for now and its biggest problems aren’t on the technical side(not saying there aren’t any cause oh boy…), but I don’t think it will and I don’t want it to last an entire generation.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, the Huayra, MP4-12C and 650S have no weight reduction available, even though they did in the previous games they were in.

Any other cars with these oddities?
The 911 GT1 Strassenversion also lacks the ability to reduce the weight which is a shame because it would be even more competitive if we could atleast reduce the weight to stage 3.

Over 10 years of exploits in Gran Turismo. From drifting 35 mph front wheel drive cars in 2011 to AI touching grass more than humans now.

I decided not to mention the most blatant exploit where tuning can make the pp glitched because without it grinding for credits would be much harder.

Last edited:
"Most notably we've just added Gran Turismo"
- John Doonan, at the 2022 IMSA State of the Sport
View attachment 1182824

Link to full video. The quote is from 18:50 into it.

I am curious to see what this looks like in the end. I believe we saw the beginning of this with the addition of Watkins Glen. But...perhaps other IMSA tracks? Maybe the cars? (Although, they also added the Toyota Hypercar, which was in the WEC). I'd love to see Sebring and VIR in Gran Turismo.

Hi all - ive put this question in here as i couldn't find anything covering it under "replays" threads - i`ll apologise now if I'm missing something obvious but i have a question - im starting to save my classic car races, loading them onto USB & then to YouTube etc via PC - all is good, BUT ! ........something is bugging me in the replays, - ill set the scene ...................- I'm jumping between the cars on replay mode and of course this is recorded to view as i wish,

NOW .....when i have 2 cars in a good tussle its great to jump to cockpit mode, so you can see in the mirror & watch it fly by on one side by pressing R1 - all good, but what i then want to do is jump back to the trackside view but i can only do this by going through the other views by pressing the R1 bringing up views = cockpit side, then tarmac then behind car before i then get to trackside view,in a kinda rotation. i know its trivial but the saved replay would look more fluid & Pro if i could simply go back to trackside view from the cockpit view .............am i missing a function or something ?

hope that all made sense 😐

Last edited:
I am curious to see what this looks like in the end. I believe we saw the beginning of this with the addition of Watkins Glen. But...perhaps other IMSA tracks? Maybe the cars? (Although, they also added the Toyota Hypercar, which was in the WEC). I'd love to see Sebring and VIR in Gran Turismo.
Don't forget that Road Atlanta is one of the anticipated tracks found on the datamine. I would be surprised if we started getting some IMSA content such as their race cars (after all, I'd like to see some DPi, IMSA GT/GTO/GTP in GT7).

Even more so if IMSA appears in Brand Central (given FIA is also there too).

Last edited:
I'd love to see Sebring and VIR in Gran Turismo.
Sebring with haptics would be quite something.
#RespectTheBumps

Also Sebring is the current missing link in terms of in-game content & datamine content to make up the full IMSA Endurance Cup schedule:
  • Rolex 24H (Daytona)
  • Mobil 1 12H of Sebring (Sebring)
  • Sahlen's 6H of the Glen (Watkins Glen)
  • Motul Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta)

Last edited:
Off topic... I'm not sure why it happens, but since you're the only person that posts Odysee videos that I see, 8 out of 10 times they're always either abysmally blocky resolution, or just show up as black?
The sound appears glitched as well, like really slowed down and blurry...

😏

Don't forget that Road Atlanta is one of the anticipated tracks found on the datamine. I would be surprised if we started getting some IMSA content such as their race cars (after all, I'd like to see some DPi, IMSA GT/GTO/GTP in GT7).

Even more so if IMSA appears in Brand Central (given FIA is also there too).
I was unaware of the datamined tracks. I only knew of the cars. However, I forget we also got the Ford GT GTE Race Car which was raced in IMSA. And yeah, Road Atlanta would make sense, too.

Back