Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,300 comments
Over 10 years of exploits in Gran Turismo. From drifting 35 mph front wheel drive cars in 2011 to AI touching grass more than humans now.

I decided not to mention the most blatant exploit where tuning can make the pp glitched because without it grinding for credits would be much harder.

27 minutes of black screen,only seems to be the odysee vids.🤔

Last edited:
For anyone having issues with the video I posted, the site claims to run better now but it seems hit or miss depending on the person. That's why I've switched to posting videos without backgrounds in situations where visuals don't really add anything and it seems to help on average, but I never have any issues using the LBRY desktop app, https://github.com/lbryio/lbry-desktop/releases/download/v0.53.4/LBRY_0.53.4.exe and there is an Android app https://lbry.com/releases/lbry-android.apk maybe it's just my phone but it crashes sometimes. From what I can tell though neither of those embed links directly. I don't really have the money for a fancy recording setup but the company has been in talks with the government for over four years, supposedly ending in September. Then I might be able to convert some of the cryptocurrency I make from views on the site into cash and get a better setup.

Nah. I hope we get a proper next gen GT in the next couple of years.
GT7 is severely held back by being cross gen and it shows.
It’s basically a port of a PS4 game.

I think it’s fine for now and its biggest problems aren’t on the technical side(not saying there aren’t any cause oh boy…), but I don’t think it will and I don’t want it to last an entire generation.
TBH, I’m not sure GT7 needs much more than an assets refresh for trackside foliage. Graphics wise. Plus more ambitious particle effects and other such tweaks.

That could be done in a PS5/PC only GT7 2.0 along with higher car counts, PSVR2 support etc. Then again, it could be a marketing & communication challenge to sell another title called GT7.

Dunno if anyone's noticed or not, but uh... oil stains finally seem to be working. At least exclusively on Willow Springs...

PS4 GT7

1 tour (before) => 8 tour (after)

FZhAghyXwAEKi3A

FZhAt0FXEAMLaPk

TBH, I’m not sure GT7 needs much more than an assets refresh for trackside foliage. Graphics wise. Plus more ambitious particle effects and other such tweaks.

That could be done in a PS5/PC only GT7 2.0 along with higher car counts, PSVR2 support etc. Then again, it could be a marketing & communication challenge to sell another title called GT7.

As long as the game carries a 7 on the box they will strive for parity between the PS4 and the PS5 version. At least in terms of free content. And that will inherently hold the PS5 version back.
I am curious how they will handle VR though.
Maybe they will break the VR part out of the main game and sell us a GT VR expansion for $20 or something.

Sorry for being late to the party, but does anyone have any guides for winning the Neo-Classic at Willow Springs? I know I can change difficulty to Easy but I really prefer doing it on Hard. It just seems impossible and the AI is just way too far ahead.

Sorry for being late to the party, but does anyone have any guides for winning the Neo-Classic at Willow Springs? I know I can change difficulty to Easy but I really prefer doing it on Hard. It just seems impossible and the AI is just way too far ahead.
Big discussion on the update 1.19 thread I believe? Lots of guides/approaches I recall

A detuned Mazda 787B on RH did the trick for me.

I don't remember if was enough to win all the events of this menu book, but sure I got the stamps needed to complete it.

Big discussion on the update 1.19 thread I believe? Lots of guides/approaches I recall
Thanks a lot! I will check it out!

A detuned Mazda 787B on RH did the trick for me.

I don't remember if was enough to win all the events of this menu book, but sure I got the stamps needed to complete it.
Willow is the only one I haven't been able to finish 1st :( Did you do a 0 stop?

Maybe they will break the VR part out of the main game and sell us a GT VR expansion for $20 or something.
If the current PSVR2 rumors of VR2 versions being handled like a different SKU (similarly to the PS4 / PS5 split) this is very likely I'd say.

Thanks a lot! I will check it out!

Willow is the only one I haven't been able to finish 1st :( Did you do a 0 stop?
No stop, but I don't remember if I got 1st place though...

Maybe the guides posted above are more clear in this matter.

Good luck!

Hi guys, just returned to the game after a 7 months waiting period. It's still a stupid game and I'd like to get into that later why I feel that way, but for now I have some dumb questions: how do I actually view the fastest time from a guy on the leaderboard. I can load it but can't see how they do it.

How do I replay a saved game from the lobby? I got trashed in a 10 A+ driver lobby and moi, that's ok, as long as I can learn from it. Can't now, 'cause don't know how to view an actual replay

3rd: do I have to buy the tyres I'm going to use for the race myself? And am I correct in assuming I need to revise the motor and dents/damage at some point....

GT7 doesn't seem like my cup a thee. What can I do to maximize my goal with minimum effort: goal: just race sport mode (and practiced for it) and do liveries. All other stuff just gets me irritated.

Last edited:
Hi guys, just returned to the game after a 7 months waiting period. It's still a stupid game and I'd like to get into that later why I feel that way, but for now I have some dumb questions: how do I actually view the fastest time from a guy on the leaderboard. I can load it but can't see how they do it.

How do I replay a saved game from the lobby? I got trashed in a 10 A+ driver lobby and moi, that's ok, as long as I can learn from it. Can't now, 'cause don't know how to view an actual replay

3rd: do I have to buy the tyres I'm going to use for the race myself? And am I correct in assuming I need to revise the motor and dents/damage at some point....

GT7 doesn't seem like my cup a thee. What can I do to maximize my goal with minimum effort: goal: just race sport mode (and practiced for it) and do liveries. All other stuff just gets me irritated.
1. Before you open a race, open the ranking board, click a name and press "view replay".
2. Save the replay, go to showcase, load the replay.
3. Yes to tyres, yes to repair engine, no to repair damage

4. Noone is making you play this game. If it isn't your cup of tea, play something else. Life is too short to force yourself to do something you don't want to do.

Beacause it's an extremely new technology and it needs time to be devoleped, changhing the whole game AI would be too risky, it's also a self-learning machine and it probably needs to learn many things before working properly, probably pd will use everything they learned in GT7 to fully implenent Sophy in GT8.
PD is incompetent and out of their depth. Why would they change the AI into a good one for GT8? Making asinine choices is in their blood.

The game was released five months ago. 🤔
I stopt playing the GT Sport game just before the Christmas race in 2021. Bought this game somewhere in March. Didn't enjoy it and decided to wait until PD fixed stuff, FIA seasons where properly set up and seasons would fit in my calender. Season 2 fits.
1. Before you open a race, open the ranking board, click a name and press "view replay".
2. Save the replay, go to showcase, load the replay.
3. Yes to tyres, yes to repair engine, no to repair damage

4. Noone is making you play this game. If it isn't your cup of tea, play something else. Life is too short to force yourself to do something you don't want to do.
Thank you!

Point 4 is very true. I only do the stuff I really have to do to get the credits I need for the GT4 and GT3 cars. Does the lobby contain all tracks? Then I can skip a lot of it too, I think. Because I believe I got some credits from the lobby race.

And lastely, in GT Sport I needed to buy certain colors with miles for my liveries. There doesn't seem to be something like that. I now have 2 suits to choose from. Are there others?

I stopt playing the GT Sport game just before the Christmas race in 2021. Bought this game somewhere in March. Didn't enjoy it and decided to wait until PD fixed stuff, FIA seasons where properly set up and seasons would fit in my calender. Season 2 fits.

Thank you!

Point 4 is very true. I only do the stuff I really have to do to get the credits I need for the GT4 and GT3 cars. Does the lobby contain all tracks? Then I can skip a lot of it too, I think. Because I believe I got some credits from the lobby race.

And lastely, in GT Sport I needed to buy certain colors with miles for my liveries. There doesn't seem to be something like that. I now have 2 suits to choose from. Are there others?
If you go into World Circuits and do some Circuit Experiences, you will get a payout of over 1mil for gold - a few of those will see you have enough money to buy a good handful of GT cars. If you're decently quick it should be easy to gold in one or two attempts.

Colours are in GT Auto now, you can buy them there for a couple thousand credits each. Suits are unlocked as you progress your collector level - then you can customise the in GT Auto as well.

Sport also has the ability to rent cars for free so you don't need to buy anything if you don't want to, the only caveat is the lack of customisation and mileage on rented cars.

PD is incompetent and out of their depth. Why would they change the AI into a good one for GT8? Making asinine choices is in their blood.
imagine calling the studio that created the best selling racing simulator incompetent, i really can't understand what's worng with some people, PD is the only studio that is devoloping this technology, it's impossible having it now.

imagine calling the studio that created the best selling racing simulator incompetent, i really can't understand what's worng with some people, PD is the only studio that is devoloping this technology, it's impossible having it now.
Welcome to the Internet, my good man. Where people get angry at you for changing a certain long-eared character and harming their own views of said character. =/

I really hope more wheels are coming, especially more center-lock designs. Furthermore, that HRE decal is really bugging me, so I hope we get some wheels from them, too. I'd also like some representation from SSR, and more than a single wheel from Spoon and Hayashi Racing. Maybe we could even get those famous Nismo wheels - I think there was a particular design that was popular on the R34 GT-R. I also agree with at least one poster who said somewhere that they'd like some three-spoke wheels.

And that's before we get into the fact that some of these wheel-makers don't have decals. I know you can always download one from the Showcase, but still.

It's funny to me that some still can't see the woods for the trees and still dish out the poops.

Last edited:
Just race sport mode (and practiced for it) and do liveries. All other stuff just gets me irritated.

This is all I do and it's enough for me. I have complaints but in the end, as long as livery editor and sport mode are working, I'm satisfied.

Welcome to the Internet, my good man. Where people get angry at you for changing a certain long-eared character and harming their own views of said character. =/

What did they do to my boy Bugs Bunny?

Last edited:
Back