Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,379 comments
Last edited:
Haha. You've seen time accelerate have you? That quite clearly was not just a case of sun popping out from behind clouds because of wind. Mainly because there are clearly no big clouds and very little wind. The lighting changed entirely from dusk to day in an instant and the shadow on the car moved at a huge pace.

It's a bug. They happen. You don't have to try and defend everything as being correct, you know.
How dense do you have to be to think I'm talking about the time and not the overcast. I'm sorry you don't exit your basement enough to see how cloud and shadows work. This exact same thing happens in drive club and red dead 2 when a large cloud moving really fast passes by, i guess they are both equaly bugged . I have seen this in person ,but thanks for telling me I have seen time boost forward ( which doesn't even happen in the video, the car is clearly turning) . I bet you would say a video of this occuring in real life was " fake"

It's still supposed to be a smooth gradual transition, not like a light switch. Hardly a big deal but I just find it funny the lengths people will go to defend bugs and issues in the game.
I'm kind of wondering if it's a bug or if the player just has the time variability cranked way up. I've encountered switches like this when my time variability is >25x or so. So maybe not a bug, but just looking funny because of how unnatural the time is?

So I was watching a video about Valorant's voice actors and noticed a very familiar face... 🤔

1659996017536.png

1659996178158.png

How dense do you have to be to think I'm talking about the time and not the overcast. I'm sorry you don't exit your basement enough to see how cloud and shadows work. This exact same thing happens in drive club and red dead 2 when a large cloud moving really fast passes by, i guess they are both equaly bugged . I have seen this in person ,but thanks for telling me I have seen time boost forward ( which doesn't even happen in the video, the car is clearly turning) . I bet you would say a video of this occuring in real life was " fake"
I agree with you that the shadow moves quickly due to the car turning, though I would dispense with calling another member dense even if they have gone quite heavy on the sarcasm 🙂.

Any chances that Porsche 917K ‘70 will appear in Legend Cars Dealership anytime soon? I so wanted to added to my car collection but I did not have enough affordable credits to buy it yet.

Any chances that Porsche 917K ‘70 will appear in Legend Cars Dealership anytime soon? I so wanted to added to my car collection but I did not have enough affordable credits to buy it yet.
Just a few cars to go, it should be there after 3 or 4 others.

Edit: 3 cars on limited stock today and 1sold out, so could be in a few days now.

Last edited:
Either way, I'm sure she got paid for her role. Cheap perhaps, but paid nonetheless.
Sure, jokes aside it does rather suggest that they were going to have voices as well, because otherwise why hire a voice actor if you only ever intend to show photos and text, makes little sense. So perhaps another item to chalk up to "game not finished".
That's Sarah?
Well it's either her or her double.

I did think it was odd when I first played GT7 that it had the "dotdotdot text dotdotdot" for communication with the characters, it was a mechanic I haven't seen in games for years - but then I thought they must be selling it in so many countries they wouldn't want to have to dub into every language would they?

I wonder if the other people (cafe guy etc...) are voice actors too?

Well it's either her or her double.
Selin Cuhadaroglu does not appear in the game credits, so I'm minded to say she's a doppel (although she does have different cheek and nose structure).
I wonder if the other people (cafe guy etc...) are voice actors too?
Aside from Luca, who I don't know about at all, everyone else is a real human person. Most of the people who front the various areas of the game - tuning shop, used cars - are employed by Sony in one way or another.

Selin Cuhadaroglu does not appear in the game credits, so I'm minded to say she's a doppel (although she does have different cheek and nose structure).
They do both have a freckle/mole on their neck in the exact same place though, which would make it a pretty remarkable level of doppel!

About the light suddenly coming out... I'm using imgur, hopefully no broken links!

I was doing a Super GT race in Autopolis. The race started with light rain, but no big deal. Time progression was set to x1.

Entering lap 6, this happened:

A bit weird, right? Someone is playing with the sun, but ok, could be just a delay or visual glitch, let's continue.
Literally in the next turn, this happened:

I know some of you guys reported different weather when playing and when watching the replay. Both videos above are from the Replay.

This was what really happened when I was playing entering the same lap 6. This is not from the replay, it's from the share option.

Before watching the replay, I said to myself "huh, I don't remember the sun coming out in that final turn". Well, turns out that the replay can be a bit different from what you really saw during the race.

From the replay, this was the sun and the clouds before it gets brighter in the first video. I'm using lowest exposure settings so you can see it better:
qUl1tEN.png

the sun comes out (although it didn't in the race):
0SNUGbW.png

and this is after gets dark again:
8njSmk1.png

for the 2nd video, this was the sky in turn 1:
8AlOhWf.png

and this soon after it gets brighter:
9Lavrpu.png

It's so odd, right? I mean, we can discuss if the sun coming out like that is real or not (I like it), that is a valid question, but it's so weird that in replay mode it happened twice and at different places, even though it was the same lap.

And this only happened at lap 6-7. I remember at lap 18 during the main straight it got a bit dark and when I look at the replay, yup, clouds were briefly covering the sun. Basically, what I saw during the 30 minutes of racing was exactly the same in the replay, except for lap 6-7.

By no means I'm bashing this dynamic weather. I really like it. Like I said, the race started with light rain with clouds going west and with the time progression set at x1, this huge cloud remained there for a quite a long time. It's nice seeing that cloud because reminds me of the first 5 laps of the race, which was kinda hard since I was using RM tires.
tCSWVRy.png

I'm sure there's a perfectly convoluted explanation for how this categorially isn't a bug with the game and is in fact just how skies work in real life.
As someone currently working in Solar, the sky can rapidly change like is visually seen. However, as very well described and tested as in @Arkseven 's post, the cloud movements aren't properly representing how this can happen in certain cloud formations, as well as transitioning too fast, which is buggy.

I find it really bizarre they used a mix of real people and actors for the talking heads lol - if they were always destined to be nothing but text why did they go the extra mile instead of just paying for a random stock image or something?

And if they were considering voice acting or proper cutscenes, why did they dedicate so much into including a bunch of real people (who therefore probably don't have the best acting capabilities).

I am 100% convinced that Selin is Sarah but if that's Luca then to be honest that makes it even weirder. Surely established actors etc. will cost more even for simple portraits compared to what you can get from random agencies.

Back