Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,379 comments
cars they were seen scanning like a GT300-spec Prius and a Lancia Fulvia
I don't remember hearing much about those two, but I distinctly recall something about the Renault Avantime and Fiat Coupe coming to the game at some point. If you look through the old datamined list from June, both of them show up, but I don't think those were actually in the list. I think whoever originally found the datamine added those two cars after the fact, in order to try and appease the rumours.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see both of 'em. The Fiat for its 5-cylinder goodness, and the Avantime just for being plain weird.

Honestly I can see the Avantime coming back just because engine swaps are a thing now.

They seem to be leaning into the weird and wonderful world of engine swaps a lot more, and so I can totally see a F1500 or SF19 swap for an Avantime to live that Espace legacy.

With swaps like the RX7 Cappuccino coming into the mix now it certainly wouldn't be an unusually bonkers one.

Remember, they scanned the Alfa 155 TC in 2013 and it didn't appear until 2022, nine years later. Scanning doesn't mean it'll automatically be added any time soon. Presumably it's a case of "We should scan that while we have the chance" with many cars, then they decide what to do with them (or not) afterwards.

Last edited:
Remember, they scanned the Alfa 155 TC in 2013 and it didn't appear until 2022, nine years later. Scanning doesn't mean it'll automatically be added any time soon. Presumably it's a case of "We should scan that while we have the chance" with many cars, then they decide what to do with them (or not) afterwards.
True. I still find it hilarious that the Ferrari Mondial, which won Pebble Beach in 2012, took until GT7 to arrive to the series.

EDIT: Just found this snippet in the car's Wikipedia article. Yeah... about that... :lol:

1665582783417.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately PDI is the less predictable game studio of all the industry. I am surprise to see a of you surprised eheh

They are like this and probably until Kazunori Yamauchi is there, nothing gonna change! Just accept it and move on

Ah, yesterday i bought the new electric VW and as it happens every time i buy a new car, i ask to myself: who it is the genius who put the cap level to 50? I think is the most nosense thing i have ever seen in a videogame.

Someone have expectation for the next update? i don't see the topic for the next update or people talking about this
There was one, but nobody expects anything substantial at this point.

We've had enough subpar updates to drill it into the community that that's the norm for GT7. I'm sure everybody would love to be proven wrong but at this point I think it's just accepted that this is what the game is for the foreseeable future.

Someone have expectation for the next update? i don't see the topic for the next update or people talking about this

There is a thread but nobody's posted in it since last Monday. I think others have summed it up; there's really nothing to discuss. Probably 3 cars, maybe car selling, maybe a new track or layout. Maybe none of that 🤷 We'll get what we'll get (and then complain about it).

To me it smells like unfinished game
It is a shame and i do not understand, again, how Sony can give the green light to a game like that. I do not understand why they are not strict like they are with others ps studios. Seriously…it could have been such a great car/racing game and an amazing GT

So did PD change the weather effects in game since I last played back in July.

I came back to do some money building for clearing a certain Porsche extra menu book and noticed that the WTC700 race at La Sarthe the game throws the motions of suggesting rain incoming but it never actually raiins on the track anymore or if it does it does not require a change of tyres.

Am not complaining but it feels like racing got way too easy to make money on that circuit now.

I came back to do some money building for clearing a certain Porsche extra menu book and noticed that the WTC700 race at La Sarthe the game throws the motions of suggesting rain incoming but it never actually raiins on the track anymore or if it does it does not require a change of tyres.

Am not complaining but it feels like racing got way too easy to make money on that circuit now.
I think it is a bug because in other races doesn’t work like that at all

Disappointment with a hint of frustration.
As the others have stated, it'll be 3 new cars, a few new races, maybe a new track with CE and maybe one or two new scapes. Just the usual...

I think it is a bug because in other races doesn’t work like that at all
Fair enough, game must have been listening as tonight it gave the most massive rain (yellow and dark blue radar) and everyone including me spun off during lap 3 so had the rare moment of Bishop winning the race.

Radar got re-scaled so light blue basically means "chance of light rain" and it scales up from there until the pink/purple is the heaviest.

Not a bug like the other person said. It just works like that now.

Polyphony is slow because nothing they made for GT5/6 sans the mesh models are usable in gt sport or 7 due to switching to a Physics-based rendering pipeline. Granturismo 1-6 had a lot of carryovers.
Yes, PD has 200+ employees but seeing as it may take years from start to finish of a track and car, there is 100% a delay in the task force and work product, not to mention lockdowns destroyed work productivity.

Also, to the person saying GT7 has turned into a ps4 game after, the code evidence suggests it was always planned to be a ps4 game as many of the features this game has such as dynamic time of day and weather are working and functional in GT sport ( source, Vanilla on youtube ).

My theory is that Sony forced MTX into the game as son japan is no longer at the helm of sony digital entertainment, Once sony became American based the have pretty much-ruined sony in my opinion, already talking about remastering horizon ZD , and just remastered TLOU ? Like yo no one asked for this, HZD looks better than most modern open-world games as it is!

Last edited:
Polyphony is slow because nothing they made for GT5/6 sans the mesh models are usable in gt sport or 7 due to switching to a Physics-based rendering pipeline. Granturismo 1-6 had a lot of carryovers.
Yes, PD has 200+ employees but seeing as it may take years from start to finish of a track and car, there is 100% a delay in the task force and work product, not to mention lockdowns destroyed work productivity.

Also, to the person saying GT7 has turned into a ps4 game after, the code evidence suggests it was always planned to be a ps4 game.as many of the features this game has such as dynamic time of day and weather are working and functional in GT sport ( source, Vanilla on youtube )
They managed to convert GT5/6 models to work with a PBR pipeline. The BMW Z8 in GT Sport was a direct port from GT6, and I would hazard a guess that the E92 M3 is also a port. The interior geometry is noticeably rougher compared to most models in the game.

I’m not sure if the Z8 has been touched up in GT7, I will check and see.

They managed to convert GT5/6 models to work with a PBR pipeline. The BMW Z8 in GT Sport was a direct port from GT6, and I would hazard a guess that the E92 M3 is also a port. The interior geometry is noticeably rougher compared to most models in the game.

Just the mesh model, the textures, normal maps, etc are all new. Wasn't there a member here who got banned for arguing with Emulla or whatever his name was by demonstrating PD ported the mesh maps by counting the polygon edges on cars? His reasoning was that if it was a new model the polygon edges wouldn't line up 1:1 and that new model didn't even have visible polygon edges, the worst offender was the Hyundai genesis coupe which has visible squared fender arches. Other cars had new bodies but had ported headlights and tail lights and even entire interiors ( the viper GTS has a low poly interior compared to most cars). The thing is the new textures and lighting of glossy paint did a good job of hiding these poly edges and people wrote him off as cooky, but it's quite evident he was right when you paint a car chrome.

Just the mesh model, the textures, normal maps, etc are all new. Wasn't there a member here who got banned for arguing with Emulla or whatever his name was by demonstrating PD ported the mesh maps by counting the polygon edges on cars? His reasoning was that if it was a new model the polygon edges wouldn't line up 1:1 and that new model didn't even have visible polygon edges, the worst offender was the Hyundai genesis coupe which has visible squared fender arches. Other cars had new bodies but had ported headlights and tail lights and even entire interiors ( the viper GTS has a low poly interior compared to most cars). The thing is the new textures and lighting of glossy paint did a good job of hiding these poly edges and people wrote him off as cooky, but it's quite evident he was right when you paint a car chrome.
Whoops, I missed the part where you said everything but the meshes, my bad. Yeah, I wonder if the GT6 models can be improved at all without remodelling/manually improving them, or if that’s their limit.

I imagine their base scans have a really high poly count and that it was lowered for the PS3. They might be able to add tessellation and then the lighting and shadows will take care of the rest.

Last edited:
Regarding my current inventory of special parts:

-I’m still amazed that I have not one, but I think THREE “Stroke Up S” parts for the ‘02 NSX Type R. Hopefully, we’ll be able to swap that engine into something like the Beat in the future, so that I can install one of these particular parts on that build instead.

-I also have a Stroke Up S for the DMC DeLorean S2, but that doesn’t mean much when I also have the LS7 from the Rampage Camaro. I suppose I could just wait and see what other cars could become compatible with that engine, rather than swapping it into a DeLorean S2.

-I also have an Ultra-High RPM Turbo for the RX-7 Spirit R, but I’m thinking of waiting until I get that engine swap instead, as I love the idea of a NA Roadster with it installed. That said, I always use the Medium-RPM turbo in general, as the High/Ultra-High seems only best for drag or ovals. Better yet, if that’s the case, maybe I’ll wait to see if I can eventually install the RX-7 Spirit R’s engine into something that’s AWD. (Much like how I once got a 2JZ-GTE and put it into the only AWD car that’s currently compatible, the GR Yaris. Or like how I put a GT-R Nismo engine into a spare Delta.) That’d be amazing for drag. Maybe they’ll let us put it into the Atenza?

-I also have a BMW Z4 GT3 engine that I’m planning to put into the 3.0 CSL that’s compatible, but first, I wanna wait until it’s available in the UCD in silver, with the “M” stripes.

-Finally, I also once won a Nitrous Kit for the D1GP-spec BRZ, but I don’t buy/use Nitrous Kits at all. That said, it’s said to be worth 100k credits; I’m hoping we can sell parts in the future so I can get that value. Especially since we can hold a thousand parts at a time. Or I could simply delete it from my inventory, especially since there are many WTC 800 races I have yet to do, with each one offering at least that much for P1, let alone with the CRB.

Last edited:

I don't think this matters for the roughness. I can say the new Benz and the RX8, both not present in gt6, are rougher than the E92 M3 interior. Imo, it maybe about the polygon budget for the PS4 version, carrying over to the PS5 code. This game is definitely a PS4 game enhanced on PS5

Back