Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
I hope these new Nurburgring races (assuming they're long races and not just "do 1 lap around the endurance circuit in a Silvia for 60,000 Cr") are at the same reward tier as Sardegna/Le Mans/Spa now that Tokyo's been neutered (or better, but that's probably too much to ask of PD).

Last edited:
Here I am hoping that anything to do with the Nord allows me to race the AI instead of having them signal to the side of the track and let me by. It would be nice to race them around this course! It's the only track where the AI seem to act under blue flag warning, without the blue flags!

Here I am hoping that anything to do with the Nord allows me to race the AI instead of having them signal to the side of the track and let me by. It would be nice to race them around this course! It's the only track where the AI seem to act under blue flag warning, without the blue flags!
That's because for some bizarre reason known only to PD they decided that races on the Nordschleife should mimic casual tourist track days, not actual competitive races. Pulling over to the right and indicating is what you're supposed to do on the tourist days.

When they released the layouts for Spa and Catalunya, they improved the tracks' performance and lod.

Let's see if they do the same for the Nurburgring. The Nordschleife looks fantastic, but the GP track has some problem with LOD glitches.

When they released the layouts for Spa and Catalunya, they improved the tracks' performance and lod.

Let's see if they do the same for the Nurburgring. The Nordschleife looks fantastic, but the GP track has some problem with LOD glitches.
Where did you find out that they fixed LOD on that tracks? Because I didn't notice any differences.

Where did you find out that they fixed LOD on that tracks? Because I didn't notice any differences.
Anecdotically, on PS4 the regular Spa layout has some really awful performance issues around the middle of the track that the Spa 24h layout doesn't have for some reason.

Catalunya. It had weird shadows on the barriers on launch, now when I play on the same time and condition, those shadows are much further away.

At Spa i'm not really sure they adjusted anything other than the pop-in on the main straight

At Nurburgring you can test for yourself, the glitch happens when the sun is directly above the track, use the 13:30 time on time trials, and it happens on the freude ahn fahren sign on the GP, basically that sign can glitch out and exhibit green and pink colors for one or two frames. It can jump out towards you at times, again for one or two frames.

Other times it will not happen at all. I think it's not supposed to do that, as no other track has these glitches

However, when they do pull over, they’re right back on the gas, while on the side of them. Sometimes, depending on where it signals, it’s not just an easy overtake. On the straights, sure, plus the 95% throttle thing. However, yes, it’s a silly thing that should have been deleted for racing and implemented in a Practice Mode with AI, at the Tourist Layout.

Edit: Oh, about that Suzuki insight, who says GT players can’t influence car makers? :sly:

Last edited:
Catalunya. It had weird shadows on the barriers on launch, now when I play on the same time and condition, those shadows are much further away.

At Spa i'm not really sure they adjusted anything other than the pop-in on the main straight

At Nurburgring you can test for yourself, the glitch happens when the sun is directly above the track, use the 13:30 time on time trials, and it happens on the freude ahn fahren sign on the GP, basically that sign can glitch out and exhibit green and pink colors for one or two frames. It can jump out towards you at times, again for one or two frames.

Other times it will not happen at all. I think it's not supposed to do that, as no other track has these glitches
Le Mans has a similar lighting glitch. Every time after the rain, when it clears up, the reflection on the road flashes very strangely, you can notice it at the Courbe d'Antares.

Le Mans has a similar lighting glitch. Every time after the rain, when it clears up, the reflection on the road flashes very strangely, you can notice it at the Courbe d'Antares.
I noticed that from first doing that event back in the day . I haven't seen it recently though and I do that event every day.

I wonder if GT7 will win the Best Racing or Sport Game in The Game Awards, it's pretty much only competing with F1 22.
On one hand, maybe an F1 game will for once win one of these these awards based on the new fan base DTS has gotten them. On the other hand, GT might win just on that Name recognition alone.

Of course that's assuming any of this is based on actual votes and not on which publisher payed these guys the most money (like a certain other award show). Maybe finding that out a few years ago has soured my general look on awards shows entirely and made me very cynical of the concept in general but seeing as these involve so much money and so much high profile personalities (who I am pretty sure aren't short on bank themselves), I'd find it more surprising if these "winners" weren't based purely on who sent the most money.

Last edited:
1670556077815.png

Latest Posts

Back