Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
Wasn’t written anywhere, that the new Jag VGT will appears in 2021 in Gran Turismo? So in backgrounds, they have plans for 2021..
And since last year, we can preorder GT7 in online Shops. For example hoghtwarts legacy, not. So if they wouldn’t have release plans, they certainly would let start this Option. Forza 8 isnt able to preorder, too.

Last edited:
Wasn’t written anywhere, that the new Jag VGT will appears in 2021 in Gran Turismo? So in backgrounds, they have plans for 2021..
And since last year, we can preorder GT7 in online Shops. For example hoghtwarts legacy, not. So if they wouldn’t have release plans, they certainly would let start this Option. Forza 8 isnt able to preorder, too.
Physical games being available to pre-order is down to each retailer. Some will take pre-orders for games the moment they're unveiled, others wait until they're officially announced by the publisher, what is in them, design etc. There are definitely places letting you pre-order Harry Potter and Forza here.

As it stands GT7 as a product has not been announced by Sony and isn't available to pre-order digitally.

Physical games being available to pre-order is down to each retailer. Some will take pre-orders for games the moment they're unveiled, others wait until they're officially announced by the publisher, what is in them, design etc. There are definitely places letting you pre-order Harry Potter and Forza here.

As it stands GT7 as a product has not been announced by Sony and isn't available to pre-order digitally.
..But they use all the same pre-cover. I don’t think, for example Amazon have thought out the cover, so anyone would have started them from anywhere

And GT7 was officially announced, from Poly itself

Last edited:
Just read the stuff.

The Jaguar Vision thing comes to GT Sport and this indicates for me that a GT7 release is faaaar away.

Wake up and stop dreaming guys.

Polyphony was always a slow company and that a fact.
They never changed their speed so expect GT7 maybe end of 2021 and in worst case even 2022.

As soon as the release date is set in stone I get my PS5.
Until then I just chill, knowing Polyphony is slow and bad at marketing.

:indiff:

..But they use all the same pre-cover. I don’t think, for example Amazon have thought out the cover, so anyone would have started them from anywhere

And GT7 was officially announced, from Poly itself
Of course I know it was announced as a game that exists, I meant they haven't officially announced what versions of the game will be available, what the game itself will contain, the official final artwork or the all important release date. that is the point where pre-orders "officially" begin for a game.

I don't understand your first sentence.

Of course I know it was announced as a game that exists, I meant they haven't officially announced what versions of the game will be available, what the game itself will contain, the official final artwork or the all important release date. that is the point where pre-orders "officially" begin for a game.

I don't understand your first sentence.
That all shops use the same „preorder“ cover. Anyone must have given that to the shops. Not for example Amazon will have had been the creator

Last edited:
Y’all always say this like the average time between mainline GT releases isn’t 3/4 years

GT5 delays still living in peoples heads rent free
It's about time we get over that yeah.

They seemed to have been full force into GTS content before the break announcement at the beginning of last year though so I hope from then to whenever GT7 is going to release this year will be enough time for a good optimized game.

That all shops use the same „preorder“ cover. Anyone must have given that to the shops. Not for example Amazon will have had been the creator
It's not the actual game cover, it's a mock up. The relevance in relation to the games launch is zero unfortunately.

Last edited:
Y’all always say this like the average time between mainline GT releases isn’t 3/4 years

It's got longer. It's already been over 7 years wait for GT7 so far! Potentially around 7 years 7 months if they release it around the end of the first half of 2021 if they release it so soon.

PS This post made me feel old. I'm surprised more people aren't going on about how long it is taking to develop like many did for GT5 and how slow PDI are even though they released and supported games that were competitive at the time in between releases.

I'm surprised more people aren't going on about how long it is taking to develop like many did for GT5 and how slow PDI are even though they released and supported games that were competitive at the time in between releases.

The main difference here is that GT5 was announced years before release and delayed several times. Meanwhile GT7 was just announced last year. Not to mention that GT Sport offers more playtime than GT5P and GTPSP combined.

Oh the 'not final artwork' artwork you mean? That may have come from official channels but yeah, it's evidently not final. You won't find it on any Sony or PD website. You will barely find a mention of GT7 on the PD website. The game has had a "soft" announcement only so far.

It's got longer. It's already been over 7 years wait for GT7 so far! Potentially around 7 years 7 months if they release it around the end of the first half of 2021 if they release it so soon.

PS This post made me feel old. I'm surprised more people aren't going on about how long it is taking to develop like many did for GT5 and how slow PDI are even though they released and supported games that were competitive at the time in between releases.
It's been just over 3 years since GT Sport released. The longest wait between titles was GT4 to GT5 which was just under 6 years. The second longest was GT6 to GT Sport which was just under 4 years. There is a significant difference between the wait for GT5 and the time between any of the other launches.

It's been just over 3 years since GT Sport released. The longest wait between titles was GT4 to GT5 which was just under 6 years. The second longest was GT6 to GT Sport which was just under 4 years. There is a significant difference between the wait for GT5 and the time between any of the other launches.
Because GTS is single title for PS4, while other consoles have 2 GTs in console, therefore reducing the time to wait for GTs in next console (it's 4 years due to there being GT6, but if GT5 is only single game like GTS then that's 7 years).

7 years? Did you go back in time to the release date and wait again to double up the time?

Because GTS is single title for PS4, while other consoles have 2 GTs in console, therefore reducing the time to wait for GTs in next console (it's 4 years due to there being GT6, but if GT5 is only single game like GTS then that's 7 years).
Ah, so he's using that type of logic :lol:.

Also not accounting is the amount of work PD has done to improving GTSport leading to GT7 launch VS none of work for anything (from GT5 Prologue) leading to GT5.

Also not accounting is the amount of work PD has done to improving GTSport leading to GT7 launch VS none of work for anything (from GT5 Prologue) leading to GT5.
GT5: Prologue isn't a main title, it was literally a prologue to GT5. But aside from that point, it did receive a significant update adding a number of new cars in the process.

GT Sport was not a real Gran Turismo and the content was a joke in the beginning.
Also a fact ;)

you can defend the game or the company 24/7 the facts speak against it.

GT Sport was not a real Gran Turismo and the content was a joke in the beginning.
Also a fact ;)

you can defend the game or the company 24/7 the facts speak against it.
I assume you say the same thing about the content in GT1 and GT3?

On the PS5 games screen when you access the store and stuff, the GT7 placeholder is always now stating "Coming Soon, so I speculate that PD are holding off any shouts just yet.

Probably at a "PS State of play event" (whenever that maybe) that GT7 will be re-announced with a newer build trailer 2.0 around April 2021 with a guestimate date of release for Nov 2021. Fingers crossed!

Also a fact ;)

Except that's an opinion and not a fact. GT Sport having significantly less cars and tracks then the previous two mainline games is an actual fact, but so did GT1 and GT3. GT Sport was made by the very same studio that made the previous titles, also an actual fact.

Last edited:
Also a fact ;)
nah, gt sport with new graphics and physics and proper mp was definitly real gran turismo but have some doubt gt7 will be real as for now looks as gt sport + more content for singleplayer

ZEE
On the PS5 games screen when you access the store and stuff, the GT7 placeholder is always now stating "Coming Soon, so I speculate that PD are holding off any shouts just yet.

Probably at a "PS State of play event" (whenever that maybe) that GT7 will be re-announced with a newer build trailer 2.0 around April 2021 with a guestimate date of release for Nov 2021. Fingers crossed!

Did it not say "coming soon" before?

Back