Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,396 comments
And it's sad that they left it in this state, they just keep adding new menu books without racing itself.
It's almost robotic, buy 3-cars and watch a short presentation about them, that's all...

Where's the fun?
I totally agree with you, i don't understand why they choose to design the game so bad.
Where Is the return of gran turismo mode that they had promoted before the game release?

20221216_134031.jpg

I'm getting a weird bug. Even though I won the new monza race, its not counting the victory. This also happens in the new mount panorama race. Only the nurburgring race is ok.
Did this thing happen to anyone else here?

Last edited:
And it's sad that they left it in this state, they just keep adding new menu books without racing itself.
It's almost robotic, buy 3-cars and watch a short presentation about them, that's all...

Where's the fun?
Exactly.

I think it’s clear the intent was to have immense depth and documentation to display as much information and detail as any player could ever want to know about and delve into anything on car or the automotive industry/hobby as a whole. It’s just… they neglected the “hands-on” parts, where you actually organically build and internalize the love for the cars and driving them. You’re never in a place where you need to pick a car yourself for certain entry requirements, or stick with a certain car and build it up to get through a few levels of progression. You’re thrown a new vehicle so frequently it’s almost on average once every race, and then dragged through a linear path artificially forcing you to jump around and just dip your toes into everything, while also not allowing you the time to dig deeper anything. And then suddenly it all just ends, and there’s hardly any further gameplay incentives to push through. There’s no agency to try exactly what you want, which is a huge part of what car culture is - trying and tinkering what you’re interested in at your own pace - and what’s been the norm and often the draw for a “traditional” GT game experience (for me this was best/last exemplified in GT5).

I don’t think there’s a way to “repair” or undo the fundamental design or structure of the campaign at this point, I think it’s too deeply rooted into the game’s structure. However, there’s a lot PD could do and add to alleviate and remedy the problems this structure inherently causes, and allow for more healthy growth for post-main-campaign gameplay. Stuff like much higher quantities and unique variants of racing events and crucially ones with more specific and stringent entry requirements (even more specifically no more regurgitations of Sunday/Clubman/WTC races with open entries), and more frequent community-based activities, like time trials+leaderboards, actual daily daily races, and perhaps some kind of pick-up-and-play online shuffle mode that’s somewhere between GT5’s lobby shuffle function and Daily Race A.

Last edited:
2 Questions

1st - Does gt7 simulate tire pressure and tire warm ups?

2nd - Does fuel last longer the more miles you drive a car? Asking cause when I bought the gr10 and started doing sardegna with it I would pit around lap 7 to refuel and that was on fuel map 1 but now after close to 5K miles of driving it whenever I do this race I can go till lap 11 on fuel map 1 before I need to refuel.
For the first question you might be interested in the "motion rig" thread (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-is-compatible-with-motion-rig.410728/).
Some people found out that gt7 exposes some data about the game via network and I think tire temperature was one of the metrics that are exposed this way.

This car needs a serious diet to beat my 309mph Silvia but it jumps into second place, I expected a bit more from it with all its power... :indiff:

It's because of the car's large frontal area. The Chiron is HUGE. Especially compared to a Silvia. If the game is true to the real laws of physics it has little to do with the car's weight.

Last edited:

This car needs a serious diet to beat my 309mph Silvia but it jumps into second place, I expected a bit more from it with all its power... :indiff:

Is there a thread with setups about getting the S13 to actually go beyond 220mph without yeeting itself into the shadow realm?

Last edited:
Hmm...So, we got Watkins Glen during the same month as the Saleen Six-hour race, and Road Atlanta appeared the month after Petit LeMan. I wonder if we'll see Sebring appear sometime between March and May? Just to complete the IMSA Endurance set.

Last edited:
I think they’d be fine as little optional “side quests” for bonus items in a future game, but a campaign designed entirely and exclusively around them was a terrible choice PD made for GT7.
When they first showed the Cafe in the trailer, I thought it's gonna be a side quest thingy, sort of like Coffee Breaks in the Missions.

Never thought it's the actual campaign lol

Can someone that understands programming or game building tell me why there are cars that have wheels on them that aren't available to be bought in the wheel section? Surely its not that difficult since the wheels are already scanned and whatnot..

The Watanabes, the wheels on the jgtc supra, the five spokes on the celica, all wheels that are period correct and would be perfect for a plethora of other cars..

The game has hundreds of cars from the 80s and 90s, yet provides us with 50 different wheels that look ridiculous on those cars because they are a different generation.. It just doesnt make sense to me..

Can someone that understands programming or game building tell me why there are cars that have wheels on them that aren't available to be bought in the wheel section? Surely its not that difficult since the wheels are already scanned and whatnot..

The Watanabes, the wheels on the jgtc supra, the five spokes on the celica, all wheels that are period correct and would be perfect for a plethora of other cars..

The game has hundreds of cars from the 80s and 90s, yet provides us with 50 different wheels that look ridiculous on those cars because they are a different generation.. It just doesnt make sense to me..
GT4 was the epitome of the series’ Wheel options. I miss the three-spoke wheels we had in the earlier games, but GT4‘s wheel feature, was perfect for the players.

Probably licensing, the wheels may be licensed with a specific car to be used as part of that car with the car license, but not licensed to be used otherwise. There's no programming reason it can't be done.

Last edited:
When they first showed the Cafe in the trailer, I thought it's gonna be a side quest thingy, sort of like Coffee Breaks in the Missions.

Never thought it's the actual campaign lol
I think we all did, although it was funny that once it became clear that was actually all there was in the State of Play, you still had people trying to say there was a traditional career just hiding somewhere. Sadly, but predictably, there was not.

Cafe is such a good concept as a side mounted thing to a GT League. Drive 100 miles in an old RX7 (for example) - unlock a café menu about rotary cars that lets you collect them and learn more about them.

Fits perfectly with the GT idea of picking a starter car and falling in love with it as you drive it. Such a wasted opportunity.

I think we all did, although it was funny that once it became clear that was actually all there was in the State of Play, you still had people trying to say there was a traditional career just hiding somewhere. Sadly, but predictably, there was not.
Yes, one hoped that they only show some of the content in order to not make big spoilers, but unfortunately it turned out that it was absolutely all they had.

Last edited:
Cafe is such a good concept as a side mounted thing to a GT League. Drive 100 miles in an old RX7 (for example) - unlock a café menu about rotary cars that lets you collect them and learn more about them.

Fits perfectly with the GT idea of picking a starter car and falling in love with it as you drive it. Such a wasted opportunity.
Yup, I've said before there is huge potential in the Cafe Mode to compliment a driving/racing career. It's exactly the dream for many car enthusiasts, if they had the skill and money. By day you're a young racing driver, earning money and winning trophies then in your free time you're out acquiring rare cars and building your collection. Basically a combination of Lewis Hamilton and Jay Leno. On the Cafe side you'd have a knowledgeable old car guy who'd learn your preferences, teach you his knowledge of them all, help you acquire what you're looking for. You'd be able to design and build a garage to store them all, upgrading as you go, with a bunch of personalisation. You'd go to auctions, buy rare cars and fixer uppers, complete collections to earn praise from manufacturers who invite you to buy their new models...

Instead we got a pretty barebones combination of both where you're weirdly just handed car after car for finishing 3rd in some race events for no real reason, and then it all finishes far too quickly.

SO much potential that hopefully they realise in GT8. Not holding out much hope though. It's just so frustrating that us mere mortals can come up with all these ideas and PD don't, or if they do, they get shot down.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has the performance at Daytona gotten even worse with the recent updates?

Been a while since I drove there , but the preformance I encountered there yesterday can only be described as abysmal.

Is it just me or has the performance at Daytona gotten even worse with the recent updates?

Been a while since I drove there , but the preformance I encountered there yesterday can only be described as abysmal.

Which race boss? Which hardware are you using?

Back