Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,956 comments
What do you guys think is currently the best Gr3 Car ? i mostly see the GT-R Nismo GT3 ´13
It depends on the track, tires and your driving style. Some cars oversteer, some understeer....
I would say GT-R '13, RSR, Supra racing concept, Mazda Vision GT. Some people own with the Mustang, others with the Beetle, NSX, AMG GT3, R8, Huracan...

Question why does pd continue to think that american cars can be fitted with turbochargers?

Can they?
Maybe someone should show this to PD so they can stop there bias that american cars don't use turbos :yuck:
GIF by Achievement Hunter

I've no idea what's going on here. You're asking why PD thinks American cars can be turbocharged as if to suggest they can't, then asking if they can, then stating it's "bias" to suggest they don't?

Whatever it is you're actually asking, it's not that "American cars" can't/don't but that in many cases the engines need valve timing adjustment to make turbocharging more worthwhile.

Turbocharging is best done on engines with a significant overlap between the exhaust and intake valves - where both are open simultaneously - (along with a big fat exhaust) and that's not always the best idea on a street car as it can lead to a very lumpy idle and poor vacuum among other things.

That means there's commonly not much overlap on large capacity naturally aspirated and OHV engines, and though you obviously can turbocharge them it's generally a considerably more involved (and expensive) task. VVT is an obvious solution - less overlap at low rpm, more at high rpm - but it's relatively "modern" engine tech; the LT2 in the C8 is a VVT unit, like the LT1, and both have more overlap out of the box than LS engines.

I'm sure PD knows all of this, and knows of all the 1,000hp twin-turbo LS Corvettes out there - just as it knows about all the 1,000hp Supras, RX-7s, GT-Rs and so on, which are also not represented in tuning menus in the game; is that also bias? Against high-power Japanese cars?

The reality is more likely that these cars are more commonly drag cars than they are either street (some are street legal) or track cars and PD isn't - despite the return of it in a handful of GT7 missions - aiming to replicate drag racing. It's not a hard and fast rule, as there's some 1xxx (and 2xxx hp) cars you either can't drive on the street or probably wouldn't track, but otherwise you're looking at "sensible" power outputs for track driving.

Yes, it would be great to do whatever you want to whatever you want. You can't.

In modern cars, power gains are not an issue anymore. Drivability is the issue. Today, 100hp/liter is not uncommon. The factories are making some great hot rods now. They figured out how to balance power, gas mileage, comfort and daily drivability. And all under a factory warrantee, to boot.

The golden age of cars is right now.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
My heartfelt tribute to one of my heroes.

Gran Turismo® 7_20221220124152.jpg

Of the 3 most important cars from my childhood, two are already in the game: Corvette C3 and De Tomaso Pantera.

As I think we will never have the Mach 5 in the Franchise, I think the time has come to have something related to one of the most passionate moments in my relationship with cars.

There was room for the saws. :lol:

Last edited:
Has anyone else been having connection issues with the GT7 (PS5) servers lately? Today the wheel keeps spinning for up to 2 minutes before it takes me back to the home screen after a race. It was doing the same thing two days ago and I lost the results of an hour worth of grinding because I restarted the game thinking it had already saved my credits. Seems to maybe be an issue with the latest update since I never had this problem before?

Has anyone else been having connection issues with the GT7 (PS5) servers lately? Today the wheel keeps spinning for up to 2 minutes before it takes me back to the home screen after a race. It was doing the same thing two days ago and I lost the results of an hour worth of grinding because I restarted the game thinking it had already saved my credits. Seems to maybe be an issue with the latest update since I never had this problem before?
It's not only on the PS5. I'm on a PS4 slim. Sunday I got a 6 star engine ticket and then that wheel started spinning. Like you, I restarted the game expecting my credits as well as the ticket were saved. Of course they weren't. I repeated the race that gifted me the 6 star ticket and got a 3 start 5k joke.

It's not only on the PS5. I'm on a PS4 slim. Sunday I got a 6 star engine ticket and then that wheel started spinning. Like you, I restarted the game expecting my credits as well as the ticket were saved. Of course they weren't. I repeated the race that gifted me the 6 star ticket and got a 3 start 5k joke.
But the game is so much fun, you should be happy you had to do the race twice and get a worse prize the second time. It means you need to do more fun grinding.

OK, I have a new favourite car. The Alfa GTAm is an absolute beast, I bought two in the end. I've got one set up at just under 700PP for the Le Mans grind, and one with everything tweaked giving about 770PP. I tried Monza and Trial Mountain in the Hypercar Parade this evening and it scampered round.

And that howl!! Love it.

Screenshot_20221221-011353_Chrome.jpg

I'd just like to use the drag strip outside of a Mission.
I keep saying it would be so easy to just implement other bits of it this since it’s already in the game. New tire compound, maybe different venues, heating up your tires, etc.

It’s not even Christmas yet and I’m already tired of the spirited menu music. I think it started playing too early this year (December 10). Usually it doesn’t start until around the 20th or something. I like Christmas, but preferably in small doses.

I keep saying it would be so easy to just implement other bits of it this since it’s already in the game. New tire compound, maybe different venues, heating up your tires, etc.
I just don’t understand how we had the acceleration data in GT6 and can’t do the same in this game. The. Easurement thing in our garage isn’t enough. That’s just guesstimates. It’s also weird because the AI don’t use aids at the drag strip but they do at circuits.
Yes, yes, a circuit is more complex than a run from 0-400m, but it is odd PD will disable TCS(and auto transmission) and not make the option available anywhere else.

One more thing about Missions. Mentioned more than once, completing those races once for either 5,000 Cr. Or 500,000 Cr, is such a waste to have them sit there after one use.

Okay this has been bothering me since launch, and I don't see PD fixing it because it's heavily dependent on which gen console the players in the lobby are playing on. I've found through my own testing, and through those of my friends', that if you have a lobby - public or private, doesn't matter - with only PS4 players, or with only PS5 players, the lag drops significantly, and the game is really smooth. For us drifters, that's great, because we can get in close proximity to our tandem partners without fear of them rubber banding or jittering too much. The instant you add more than one player on a different gen console, the lag returns, and you get rubber banding, larger hit boxes, jittering, etc.

On top of that, the pit entry/exit lag that's been around since 🤬 GT6, becomes worse when you have two different gen consoles in a lobby. In GT6 and GTSport it presented as a slight stutter. In GT7 the pit entry/exit lag freezes the entire lobby for what feels like half a second (I don't have concrete evidence for this, I don't have the equipment to measure it, so take it with a grain of salt). That freeze not only removes input from a controller, but also a steering wheel.

So imagine how frustrating, and also dangerous for those of us on direct drive, to have your steering input go limp mid tandem. Try catching your car during one of these moments. Your best bet is to hope it happens on a straight or during a long slide; not in between transitions. So far, the only "fix", is to hope you have players that know of these issues and have proper lobby etiquette, i.e., enter only when a tandem train finishes its run.

I'm tired of the excuses from PD, I'm especially tired of the fans that enable their behavior by making excuses on their behalf, and I'm tired of being told to get over it. You would think after so many years in development, with GTSport's engine being the test mule, that they would have ironed these bugs out by now. Instead they get worse with each game release.

This just further solidifies what I've been saying from day one; making this game cross-gen is a mistake. I got crucified by my friends for even mentioning that, especially during the first year of the pandemic when no one could even get their hands on a PS5 - that is still the case, unfortunately - however, it's true. This game is not optimized with the PS4 in mind. If it is, it's not optimized to share server resources with the PS5. For some bizarre reason, they've made track props client-side, but inputs server side.

GTSport was already pushing the PS4's architecture to its limit, GT7 damn near breaks it.

For the first time in my "gaming experience", I will actually advocate in splitting the community. Give us the option to turn off cross-gen, because having to run two different versions of the game on the same server is not working out.

Finally moved into the new house enough to setup my electronics again and got my PS5 running. Like the new additions including the Ferrari vgt. I also finally tried the 25th anniversary events, they're neat. Though I will say the Escudo Nations Cup race imo should have a higher prize money count than given or at least let me win the Escudo I drive because this event has irritated me like crazy.

I really hate racing on Willow Springs with fast cars, especially when it's a tail happy hill climb car that was at one point the most op car in the series. I can't keep the thing from going into snap oversteer or understeering off the track. Why this track with this car?! Why!?

It’s not even Christmas yet and I’m already tired of the spirited menu music. I think it started playing too early this year (December 10). Usually it doesn’t start until around the 20th or something. I like Christmas, but preferably in small doses.
It's main reason why I have all music turned off....

I don't think I was meant to see this:
View attachment 1217590
I managed to get this view of the Abarth 595 after parking it against a wall at Goodwood and rotating the chase camera.
Super Standard 500.jpg

It gets worse if you find the right spot and right angle to rotate the chase camera, I found out about this issue back in August. I know, this looks terrible, but that's totally understandable since it needs to achieve that 60fps during gameplay as we're not actually using the cockpit view. I'm not trying to roast the game or anything, especially because this low-poly interior situation happens in basically every other racing game when you're not using the cockpit view, so there's no need to blame and criticize PD for that. The problem itself is actually on the chase camera rotation parameters. Sometimes, while rotating the camera, it simply jumps inside the car for a few frames if your car is in a precise and specific position... and it obviously shouldn't happen. This is what the other games get right to avoid this atrocity.

Last edited:
I can't keep the thing from going into snap oversteer or understeering off the track
Use lift off oversteer to your advantage. Don't mash the throttle everywhere you go, because the nose lifts at low speeds and you lose steering. On high speed corners coast at the end of the straight so the car settles and you don't understeer off the track. Modulate the throttle mid corner to maintain the line, and brake in a straight line to keep the car stable; trail-braking in the Escudo should only be used for low speed corners.

I personally can't stand Willow because of that Lewis Hamilton challenge from GTSport, but the Escudo itself is fun to drive.

Finally moved into the new house enough to setup my electronics again and got my PS5 running. Like the new additions including the Ferrari vgt. I also finally tried the 25th anniversary events, they're neat. Though I will say the Escudo Nations Cup race imo should have a higher prize money count than given or at least let me win the Escudo I drive because this event has irritated me like crazy.

I really hate racing on Willow Springs with fast cars, especially when it's a tail happy hill climb car that was at one point the most op car in the series. I can't keep the thing from going into snap oversteer or understeering off the track. Why this track with this car?! Why!?
More? It's already 1,8M for what was it, ~7m 30s?

Last edited:
View attachment 1217630

It gets worse if you find the right spot and right angle to rotate the chase camera, I found out about this issue back in August. I know, this looks terrible, but that's totally understandable since it needs to achieve that 60fps during gameplay as we're not actually using the cockpit view. I'm not trying to roast the game or anything, especially because this low-poly interior situation happens in basically every other racing game when you're not using the cockpit view, so there's no need to blame and criticize PD for that.
There are multiple games that render the cockpit fully when playing in chase cam. Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon, Driveclub, Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Compatzione,.... In GT it really sticks out, and can look horrible like in your picture. I made a thread 2 years ago for the same issue in GTS, but got flamed by some members. They where insisting that it was a bug and that GT always has the same car models during gameplay as the scape and photomode. Even during normal gameplay you can notice it, no need to glitch in the car.
car8-2.jpg

car7-2.jpg

Back