Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,918 comments
At the risk of sounding daft,what is the anti lag system?I know turbos have lag so what does this do?
I tried to explain it with my own words but found it difficult, so have the Wikipedia definition:

The anti-lag system (ALS) is a method of reducing turbo lag or effective compression used on turbocharged engines to minimize turbo lag on racing or performance cars. It works by delaying the ignition timing and adding extra fuel (and sometimes air) to balance an inherent loss in combustion efficiency with increased pressure at the charging side of the turbo. This is achieved as an excess amount of fuel/air mixture escapes through the exhaust valves and combusts in the hot exhaust manifold spooling the turbocharger creating higher usable pressure.

At the risk of sounding daft,what is the anti lag system?I know turbos have lag so what does this do?
My quick 2 cents on GT7.Loving it so far,i honestly thought it would be just GTS with update but i was wrong on all counts.To me the AI seem a tad more aggressive,or i have just become crap with age,looks great and plays great on ps5.Messed around with taking photos.
A little niggle with the licence tests is that you cant go straight on to the next one,you have to go through the credit awards scene evrytime and the roulette wheel seems a pointless thing.Apart from that im all good with it,dont know about online as i dont have ps+ and dont like to play online anyway.👌

My quick 2 cents on GT7.Loving it so far,i honestly thought it would be just GTS with update but i was wrong on all counts.To me the AI seem a tad more aggressive,or i have just become crap with age,looks great and plays great on ps5.Messed around with taking photos.
A little niggle with the licence tests is that you cant go straight on to the next one,you have to go through the credit awards scene evrytime and the roulette wheel seems a pointless thing.Apart from that im all good with it,dont know about online as i dont have ps+ and dont like to play online anyway.👌
Anti Lag reduces turbo lag by keeping the turbo spooling, and a result of that you get flames out the exhaust and pops and bangs when you shift gears, and it looks really cool in GT7.

Trying to drive anything but a basic hatchback on a controller is a total nightmare. The back end constantly slides out as you turn in, even if you gently touch the left stick. I'm not sure how you're meant to be able to control them when even the tiniest stick input will cause you to lose control. It's very frustrating.

Trying to drive anything but a basic hatchback on a controller is a total nightmare. The back end constantly slides out as you turn in, even if you gently touch the left stick. I'm not sure how you're meant to be able to control them when even the tiniest stick input will cause you to lose control. It's very frustrating.
Really? I used my wheel briefly for A Licence, before going back to the DualSense and I'm now on Menu Book 32 with my 700PP Camaro ZL-1.

Can we just appreciate how we have the 2017 Suzuki Swift Sport in the game? Totally underrated hot hatch, 140hp and only weighing 970kg... It's a car I desperately want once the used car market (IRL) stops going nuts :drool:
A friend of mine had a yellow one on finance. He recently sold it for a profit. The market is ridiculous.

I managed to get early access to the ASSCxGT drop. Picked up a T-shirt and the racing Gloves. Couldn't justify anything else haha.

Really? I used my wheel briefly for A Licence, before going back to the DualSense and I'm now on Menu Book 32 with my 700PP Camaro ZL-1.
Even with ASM and counter steering turned on the back end is constantly coming around on me, even at low speeds with zero throttle input. It's not lift off oversteer either, the car is balanced as I enter the corner and feed in the steering. It's very odd. I can only assume it's an issue with certain cars more than others, either that or the default tyres are just too crap for cars with a bit more power and I need to go and purchase some better ones all round. Doesn't help me in challenges though.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming!

Damn you're living good with both PS4 and 5 in different parts of your house lol
Thankfully I kept the PS4 so I can play GT7 while the kids take up the PS5 playing Horizon Forbidden West :)

Is this save transfer thing actually "forced" upon us or optional?
My game just came in the Mail. I'm asking because i got the PS4 Version and i would like the progression to be separate on my PS5 (i like to start over from scratch)
Or are 2 seperate Progressions not possible since the game is always Online?
I didn't have to upload or download the saved game data, it just showed up when I started GT7 on the PS4 and it connected to the GT7 servers before the main menu, it didn't let me pick so I'm not sure if you can keep a separate profile, the saved game data is about 500MB, maybe you can back it up to a USB and swap it in and out? not sure.

Anybody found any shortcuts to the different ares on the map?Rather than backing out with`O`i wondered if there was a quicker way to the map areas.

How is the game running on PS4? I've heard good things about it, but I dont wanna get a PS5 just for one game.
It runs well. Imagine GT Sport with a complete physics overhaul, extra courses, dynamic weather, and an expanded campaign mode. I definitely don't feel like I'm missing out on anything other than load times and graphics.

Anybody found any shortcuts to the different ares on the map?Rather than backing out with`O`i wondered if there was a quicker way to the map areas.
There's a "Return to the Map" button under the GT logo in the top-left corner. Other than that, no.
Even with ASM and counter steering turned on the back end is constantly coming around on me, even at low speeds with zero throttle input. It's not lift off oversteer either, the car is balanced as I enter the corner and feed in the steering. It's very odd. I can only assume it's an issue with certain cars more than others, either that or the default tyres are just too crap for cars with a bit more power and I need to go and purchase some better ones all round. Doesn't help me in challenges though.
I've got TCS on 1 - because TCS is a lot nicer and works more sensibly than before - but nothing else.

Last edited:
I've been driving with the controller for a couple of hours now and at first I was losing the back end a lot on some of the cars too, but eventually I got a feel for braking a bit earlier in a straight line before turning in so it's not so abrupt on turn in and not so aggressive trail braking, it gets better with practice, even the "tail happy on braking" cars like the 930 and 964 became manageable to me with controller after a while, really enjoying it now after a good amount of practice, don't give up.

Last edited:
I've been driving with the controller for a couple of hours now and at first I was losing the back end a lot on some of the cars too, but eventually I got a feel for braking a bit earlier in a straight line before turning in so it's not so abrupt on turn in and not so aggressive trail braking, it gets better with practice, even the "tail happy on braking" cars like the 930 and 964 became manageable to me with controller after a while, really enjoying it now after a good amount of practice, don't give up.
I've been playing for 6 hours so far, it seems to be FR cars that are the worst for me. Funnily enough I haven't had any issues with the 964!

Last edited:
Finally logging out after nearly an 11 hour session. I think roughly half of that was messing around with all the customization/tuning/decal options. 😂 I'm right at the Trial Mountain cup and figured that's a good place to stop.

Do we know how the UCD system works yet? The stock has been just about the same for me since I started. I assumed it would function like GT5, but now I'm wondering if it's on a 24hr cycle, updated by PD given the game's always-online nature.

Last edited:
How is the game running on PS4? I've heard good things about it, but I dont wanna get a PS5 just for one game.
As a PS4 owner, I can honestly say this is the best looking racing game I've ever played, maybe the best looking game period. And if I lived in a cave and had no idea PS5 existed, I would just assume this game was made for my system.

I've been playing about 6 hours so far, and no hiccups. My fan isn't even kicking on a lot

maxresdefault.jpg

I hope it's possible to recreate the NSX GT2 in the game and upgrade the thing to GR.4 class

anyone using a drivehub? i'm experiencing something very weird.. that i am afraid is sony trying to **** people using non official wheels on their exclusive game.

I have a CSW 2.5 with V3 pedals, and i'm stuck at the very first music rally as you start the game. I cannot get past 4 checkpoints when using a wheel (no assists, plenty of experience on ACC, iracing etc) and i simply can't. Tried using a controller, no assists and it was a breeze.

With the wheel plugged in the game is not running at 60 FPS, it has major dips too. I tried playing with the controller while having the wheel plugged in and it felt so much slower, frame rate drops..

Back