Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,939 comments
Does anyone know how to obtain new suit and helmets?

I have a livery for an Arai GP-6 GT. Which won't work on the Arai GP-6. So Gran Turismo. :mad::lol:
Car Collector Level.

Level 8 for first helmet then Level 10 for first race suit and it proceeds from there.. I can't use any of my race suits/helmets just yet either.

Hello game-owners, are you able to confirm something for me ( a non-owner of the game ) ?

Just seen on a Reddit discussion that you can no longer have the sets of cones for braking markers and they've been replaced with that super ugly, yellow, floating marker around every corner now.

Is this true, or are they not doing something correctly ? Because if PD have removed realistic, immersion helping cones and replaced them with obnoxious, floating neon markers, that is seriously disappointing to be honest.

I know it sounds kinda petty and unimportant, but I love driving with zero HUD and only using the cones as my braking markers. I want as little amount of visual interruption as possible.

I don't want floating, yellow markers, its really immersion breaking. Please, would anyone be able to confirm if the cones are gone, or that Redditor has simply missed the option somehow ?

Apparently the Expert option for "Assist" reads
Expert
Auto-Drive: Off
Driving Line Assist: Cone Marker
Braking Indicator: Off
Braking Area: Off
Replace Car After Leaving Track: Off
Stability Management: Off

in the manual, but the cones aren't actually on the track ? Perhaps a bug that will be fixed in time ?

Last edited:
So, apparently this game is always online, to another level. I can understand the need to be online for saving, to ensure cheating is avoided. However, in GT Sport, if one's connection dropped for whatever reason, one could continue playing through the outage and then save when the connection re-established, later, no harm done. Now, if your connection fails, you better like a very bare-bones arcade mode because you're not playing anything else. Just experienced it and not the least bit happy.

Last edited:
Confirmed: you can't choose specific time anywhere in any mode on any track. In addition, "24h" cycle at Nurburgring is only available on the 24h layout. Why??? This is so stupid.
Have you already unlocked Nordschleife? If so, when did you unlock it?

So, apparently this game is always online, to another level. I can understand the need to be online for saving, to ensure cheating is avoided. However, in GT Sport, if one's connection dropped for whatever reason, one could continue playing through the outage and then save when the connection re-established, later, no harm done. Now, if your connection fails, you better like a very bare-bones arcade mode because you're not playing anything else. Just experienced it and not the least bit happy.
Yeah, my connection dropped last night mid license test and it booted me right to the homescreen. Frustrating AF.

I love the changes to the daily races. Definitely going to be building and tuning a car for Race A.

It’s awesome that fuel and tire wear are at 1x for the short races too.

Last edited:
During replays we have this cool cockpit angle. ;) (Sorry if it's already been pointed out).

Gran Turismo® 7_20220304150830.jpg

Last edited:
Hello game-owners, are you able to confirm something for me ( a non-owner of the game ) ?

Just seen on a Reddit discussion that you can no longer have the sets of cones for braking markers and they've been replaced with that super ugly, yellow, floating marker around every corner now.

Is this true, or are they not doing something correctly ? Because if PD have removed realistic, immersion helping cones and replaced them with obnoxious, floating neon markers, that is seriously disappointing to be honest.

I know it sounds kinda petty and unimportant, but I love driving with zero HUD and only using the cones as my braking markers. I want as little amount of visual interruption as possible.

I don't want floating, yellow markers, its really immersion breaking. Please, would anyone be able to confirm if the cones are gone, or that Redditor has simply missed the option somehow ?

Apparently the Expert option for "Assist" reads
Expert
Auto-Drive: Off
Driving Line Assist: Cone Marker
Braking Indicator: Off
Braking Area: Off
Replace Car After Leaving Track: Off
Stability Management: Off

in the manual, but the cones aren't actually on the track ? Perhaps a bug that will be fixed in time ?
Yes, that is correct. No cone option. They're listed in the text under the option in the menu but they're not actually available. It's either a bug, or they removed them but forgot to remove all the text about them.

Just tested the reward carousel and it's still 100% predetermined, which completely negates the idea of or need of the carousel. :rolleyes:

PD, remember the carousel in GT3? Remember what made it worthwhile? You could obtain any of the four items there. If it's predetermined, just award me the thing in the first place. It's such needless showmanship.

This is disappointing, but not surprising. What all did you do to test it?

Hello all, not sure if someone has already found this or posted something similar before, but could this be an engine swapped RX7? It sounds different from GT Sport.

This is from the Tsukuba Clubman Cup Plus, by the way.

Considering it's the Plus event, it's probably a modified exhaust.
That's the biggest gripe with the game I think. You don't own any part of the game except like 12 random cars and no modifications. Good luck reflecting and enjoying this game in 10 years.

Last edited:
Alsace Village and Bathrust are beautiful, now!

Dragon Trail is the least beautiful, too bad. It would have deserved more work from PoDi

Other than that, I love GT7 ! :D

This is disappointing, but not surprising. What all did you do to test it?
Quit out of the game before it saved. Of the several times I restarted, I redeemed the first two gift tickets and it always landed on the lowest credit reward amounts.

The parts and cars changed, which I don't think happened in Sport, but it doesn't mean anything.

Mine didn't last long. Error during install after getting gold on music rally 3, and now the blue flashing light. Lovely.
Oof. Buddy was streaming last night while playing it on his PS5 and the colors started bleed and the game would freeze. Now his gpu is fried. Not sure if it was just by chance or if GT7 broke his Ps5...

Last edited:
Oof. Buddy was streaming last night while playing it on his PS5 and the colors started bleed and the game would freeze. Now he's gpu is fried. Not sure if it was just by chance or if GT7 broke his Ps5...
I've managed to resuscitate it and sent the error reports to Sony etc. but still no idea what actually caused it. I'd just returned to the music rally menu that is the only option with the music looping in the background, and it flashed up with a box and before I could even read it the thing went into orange light rest mode then quickly into flashing blue light. I attempted to boot in safe mode but it wasn't having it. Waited a few minutes, tried again with one button push and it fired up as normal with the submit error report prompt. I've not even had the PS5 long, only a couple of months, so it's disappointing that it's having issues so soon. I already had issues after first setup with the wifi connection being poor no matter what I did that seemed to fix itself after a few days.

Anyway, the install is now painfully slow, 2-5MB/s. Not going to open the game again during install, don't wanna risk killing it again. Another 4 hours to go...

I'm loving the game so far but I'm wondering how often the used car dealer changes its stock? It's been pretty much the same for a few hours and I've done a lot of races and championships in the meantime. There's a few specific cars I'm looking for but the available range has not changed much since I first booted the game.

Last edited:
FFS, what tires are the license test cars using? Is there any tread pattern or are they completely bald? It feels particularly egregious here because you enter a corner at the lowest and all the car wants to do is spin away and drill through the tarmac looking for oil.

Last night (this morning, let's be honest :lol: ) the NSX test at Suzuka? It got to the point where I more or less manhandled it to get gold. I feel like I exploited the game's physics to get the car to do what I needed, and it felt slower than driving the way I'm supposed to. :odd:

I can feel the improvements in the physics (at least I think they're improvements and not a placebo effect) but please, for the love of the Mazda Furai, get me off of these goddamn tires. :lol:

I'm betting 5 bucks that the AE86 Trueno is also a prize car.

and oh boy, the tires sound like a new challenge if T12 above me is any indication.

-----
Hmmm, I wonder which of the 3 superminis I'll start with. Maybe I'll just pick the Aqua S, which over here in the US is the Prius C. I honestly forgot this car existed.

Last edited:
Back