Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,123 comments
For the past few days, I haven't been getting my daily workout reward. I tried this game on the PS5 for the first time and that's when it started. I'm back on my PS4 and I'm still not getting the reward. Does anyone know what's happening?

For the past few days, I haven't been getting my daily workout reward. I tried this game on the PS5 for the first time and that's when it started. I'm back on my PS4 and I'm still not getting the reward. Does anyone know what's happening?
Sounds strange i got mine every day i played, is it gt sport or gt7

Have your clocks changed recently? There was a known bug that you didn’t get the daily reward for a few days after a clock change (GMT to BST for example)

Have your clocks changed recently? There was a known bug that you didn’t get the daily reward for a few days after a clock change (GMT to BST for example)
Oh yeah I was in a time zone one hour ahead when I was playing the PS5. Thanks, hopefully it will sort itself out eventually.

I'd like to see Sierra back, it was a very underused circuit and a shame it never reappeared after it's only appearance in GT6.

Not sure about the other tracks on that list though and if I really thought it through ,although I'd like to see Sierra back, I'm not sure I'd put it in my top 5.

But for the sake of simplicity and not spending too much time thinking about it, I'd take Sierra. But there are plenty of other tracks I'd like to see back well ahead of the rest of that list.

I would include Tokyo R246, one of the best city circuits to ever appear in any GT game. Special Stage/Clubman Stage Route 7 is another classic. Then there's Midfield Raceway and finally Apricot Hill.

So that would be my top five to reappear of the top of my head, though with more thought I might switch a couple.

Last edited:
Agreed. I know I'm in the minority here, but the track I'd love to see would be the following:

Complex String.

Or just give me the track editor and call it a day.
Speaking of the course creator, maybe that's what this is (in the spoiler tab "Discovery?")

Here are some screenshots from this video. Very intriguing stuff.

View attachment 1279530
View attachment 1279531
View attachment 1279532

Can anyone tell me if a pineapple asset, giant banana/tropical leaves etc have been used in any circuit in the GT franchise? Especially GT5 and onwards.

But what is extremely intriguing is this...
View attachment 1279533
View attachment 1279534
View attachment 1279535
View attachment 1279536
View attachment 1279537
Maybe this is where we'll find the pineapple haha. Or maybe not. Remains to be seen.

This would seem to be a brand new Polyphony-Original circuit, with a number of layouts to rival Lago Maggiore.
Likelihood is extremely low, but with the way it's layed out it could even be some kind of free roam map.
Could even be rally, I don't know lol it could be anything.

As seen on the left in some of the images, they seem to be using the smooth-binding junctions that they've shown off with Watkins Glen in another tech video recently.

If it's something else entirely then please correct me, or even if this is some kind of real road/circuit.
It reminds me a bit of Potrero de los Funes in Argentina, but it's not that.
View attachment 1279538
View attachment 1279539
Please correct me if I am mistaken, and this is something else entirely.

Last edited:
 - In Sport Mode Daily Races or Championships, once the matchmaking has completed, the game may freeze, or an application may error occur on the loading screen before a qualifying time trial or race.

*We are currently investigating the issue and working on a fix.

Last edited:
Took about a week too long to acknowledge it, but fine.

Tried forza motorsport. Didnt do much, just the tutorial witch consists of about 5 races and went to have a look on their brand central. Some very early conclusions:
  • car prices appear to be tied to car performance, unlike gt7 "real life value". Ex: cobra 427 and cobra daytona, respectably, cost 2.5M and 20M in gt7. In forza cobra 427 costs 147k and cobra daytona costs 165k.
  • in gameplay/car handling there is an Improvement to fm7 but its still forza and feels more arcady than gt7. In this regard, at least IMO, gt7 is still the better game.
  • graphics, at least in race, forza looks better than gt7.

Last edited:
Literally takes zero effort to not do a race, ya know. I know because I've been doing it for most of this Nations/Manu. :lol:
Even if I skip it other people who actually can race there will do it, score loads of points and push me down the rankings. I need those max credits! Do you want me to go back to grinding?!

Even if I skip it other people who actually can race there will do it, score loads of points and push me down the rankings. I need those max credits! Do you want me to go back to grinding?!
If you're better at 3 of the other car/track combos, you can safely skip a round or even two as only the top 3 points results count.

If you're better at 3 of the other car/track combos, you can safely skip a round or even two as only the top 3 points results count.
I know. Of the remaining tracks GVH is not my best but Catalunya may be ok.
The issue will likely be fixed before the rest of the Manu rounds anyway - I'm more worried about Maggiore on Saturday for the Nations. I'm looking forward to that, done a lot of practice.

The Ring is still an abomination though.

Back