Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
The PS5 version is not more polished. It has some graphical and performance-related advantages, but it is not more polished than the PS4 version.
I mean in terms of bugs causing game freeze etc. it is more polished than the PS4 version.

Yeah, it's where the genre is these days. If you put racing games on the "arcade vs sim" scale, everything that's "more sim" than Forza Horizon is will have something that looks a lot like Sport Mode as an integral game mode.

Sport Mode is great conceptually it's just its execution that makes it dreary. There's no reason they couldn't appease more groups than they are, but when 90% of races are 7 minute sprints in Gr.3 cars, week in and week out, it's not hard to see why people don't want to touch it.

Sport Mode is great conceptually it's just its execution that makes it dreary. There's no reason they couldn't appease more groups than they are, but when 90% of races are 7 minute sprints in Gr.3 cars, week in and week out, it's not hard to see why people don't want to touch it.
Yeah that’s so true, it would be much more appealing for me if they would do some races with, for example, the D-Type vs. DB3S vs. Maserati A6GCS, or Classic Muscle Cars against each other, or Group A Homologation cars, or the Ferrari 250 GTO against the Shelby Cobra Daytona, or… there’s so many possibilities

Just watched Hagerty's newish video on the Bugatti EB110 on their youtube channel and wondered if it will ever find its way into Gran Turismo. Would make a lovely addition to the 90's supercars like the McLaren F1, Ferrari F40, Jaguar XJ220 etc.

262.jpeg

tumblr_mng332FxIR1ss46elo1_1280.jpg

Just watched Hagerty's newish video on the Bugatti EB110 on their youtube channel and wondered if it will ever find its way into Gran Turismo. Would make a lovely addition to the 90's supercars like the McLaren F1, Ferrari F40, Jaguar XJ220 etc.

View attachment 1347245
View attachment 1347246
If ever they do add the EB110, they could at least add the more iconic Super Sport model with increased horsepower and reduced weight, as well as a fixed rear wing.

The Super Sport competed for the spot for the fastest production car just before the McLaren F1 and Michael Schumacher owned one in yellow.

If ever they do add the EB110, they could at least add the more iconic Super Sport model with increased horsepower and reduced weight, as well as a fixed rear wing.

The Super Sport competed for the spot for the fastest production car just before the McLaren F1 and Michael Schumacher owned one in yellow.
I would be happy with either one. An option to have the first iteration look like the SS with optional aero parts would work for me too. Although, performance wise the SS is obviously the nicer choice.

And Schumi's yellow EB110 looked dope! I wonder how he crashed it, as mentioned in Hagerty's video...

Last edited:
Not to mention a robust free play or arcade mode where all the cars are available as rental cars. They can continue to build on things like Quick Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial and Custom Race, but one extra addition I would love to see would be custom championships similar to Assetto Corsa.
This is sort of the reason why I felt the arcade mode in Gran Turismo 4 is the best one - they got it almost spot on.

This is sort of the reason why I felt the arcade mode in Gran Turismo 4 is the best one - they got it almost spot on.
If I remember correctly you start off with 240 rental cars, roughly a third of all the cars featured in the game, and you go on to unlock all the rest in the GT mode by obtaining them at least once.

If only Kaz can make an update to GT7 where all cars are available as rental cars in World Circuits (excluding career mode events) and Split-Screen Race...

Last edited:
I’m not so sure how else to do the whole “traditional career mode” while also integrating post-launch content like new cars/tracks. So I think GT7 does this pretty well, between adding new rounds of pre-existing events, adding new events such as via Bonus Menus, at least one new mission set, the Master licenses, and so on.

I’d go as far to say that there’s not much I want that can’t be added in something like a new Bonus Menu or mission set. I do feel like we’re definitely due for the latter, even if we don’t count the 24h races that they mentioned early-on.

Last edited:
I’m not so sure how else to do the whole “traditional career mode” while also integrating post-launch content like new cars/tracks. So I think GT7 does this pretty well, between adding new rounds of pre-existing events, adding new events such as via Bonus Menus, at least one new mission set, the Master licenses, and so on.

I’d go as far to say that there’s not much I want that can’t be added in something like a new Bonus Menu or mission set. I do feel like we’re definitely due for the latter, even if we don’t count the 24h races that they mentioned early-on.
YEaH...in terms of events...no, it's quite bad. 3 events per month.

We're missing a lot of events actually as well

View attachment 1347245
View attachment 1347246
I always try to catch those; I find them to be a blast. I know I'll never see a LM 002 in Gran Turismo but I can dream.

A character of mine drove the EB110 as part of her "hero persona."

I had countless awesome custom races set up that are all gone now.

In case you did not know: If you uninstall and reinstall GT7 like I did (because my game started crashing after an update) your custom races are gonezo.

No way I'm going all in on custom races again.

Custom races are certainly not a substitute for PD made career races.

The one hour Spa race was a good start - why don't we have one of those at every track?

Two years ago we were told this:  

・Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races

So....... what's the hold up?

Last edited:
I had countless awesome custom races set up that are all gone now.

In case you did not know: If you uninstall and reinstall GT7 like I did (because my game started crashing after an update) your custom races are gonezo.

Custom races are certainly not a substitute for PD made career races.

The one hour Spa race was a good start - why don't we have one of those at every track?

Two years ago we were told this:  

・Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races

So....... what's the hold up?
NO. Endurance races should be in the normal races. Not once and done missions.

Why not? Whats different between a PD race and a custom race? You could recreate the Spa 1 hour race on every other track :)

Im saying if you can download other custom race settings that would be great. This has nothing to do with uninstalling the game.
Sure, but you can't. I'd love to be able to save my custom races somewhere. But knowing that I can't means that I wont go through the effort of setting them up again myself (with custom liveries and everything) given that I loose them when something happens to my install.

There are a few handcrafted races from PD though that are hard to match in custom races though. Silvia Sisters for example.
You'd have to buy a bunch of cars and customizing would take forever.

Back