Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

You could ask over in the decal request thread for someone to recreate the body graphics. That way you can paint the car any colour you want and change the colour of the stripes too.

I've got two already, never really used the second one so I might have to look into that.

You could ask over in the decal request thread for someone to recreate the body graphics. That way you can paint the car any colour you want and change the colour of the stripes too.

I've got two already, never really used the second one so I might have to look into that.
That's a great idea, I didn't even realize that was an option. I headed over to that thread and found a search and someone already made some decals. Now I just have to figure out how to get them onto the game.

I read somewhere else it's just called "White".
I don’t get why PD renames colors. Same with BMW colors (and probably many other, haven’t really bothered to go deep). Brilliant red instead lf brilliantrot

Did Pirelli cancel their contract with PD? Couldn’t find the sticker, when making my Gr.4 Supra livery.

Did Pirelli cancel their contract with PD? Couldn’t find the sticker, when making my Gr.4 Supra livery.
I noticed that earlier since I usually use Ferraris in Sport Mode and I was importing my liveries.

Pirelli decals are no longer in the livery editor either, but Gr.# cars that come with Pirelli tires by default like the 458 still have the tire wall Pirelli logos by default.

Posted this in the main discussion thread, then realized I should've put it here...

There's a bug, with the Bug, in the livery editor. I made a livery for it a couple days ago, then went back to add to it, and all the decals disappear. Recreated the livery again yesterday, then checked it again today, same thing. All decals disappear.

I've editted other cars without issue, so don't think it's something I'm doing, or not doing.

MMX
I made a livery for it a couple days ago, then went back to add to it, and all the decals disappear.
I had the same issue with some of my E30 liveries. Applying the saved style and beginning a new design from the existing one worked for me.

A quick question on decal searching. Is it just me or are there not many decals uploaded? I ran a search for licence plates and only found about 50 or 60 results. The old search function allowed you to keep searching through older dates or less popular results. This seems to offer a set amount and stop. Or am I missing something??

A quick question on decal searching. Is it just me or are there not many decals uploaded? I ran a search for licence plates and only found about 50 or 60 results. The old search function allowed you to keep searching through older dates or less popular results. This seems to offer a set amount and stop. Or am I missing something??
Could be not many people shared them in time. I only found a couple GreenBrave decals In the Search.

In GT Sport I had 151 uploaded decals, now only 20 have migrated to GT7. I think it's only those that I'd shared at some level, although the official announcement suggested they would all migrate regardless. Is this a known bug?

Even odder, I was able to import 3 helmet and 1 suit design that include some of those decals. These now appear in 'My Page' on the game website, but aren't available to edit in the Livery editor. I wonder whether I have to have the correct type of suit or helmet???

In GT Sport I had 151 uploaded decals, now only 20 have migrated to GT7. I think it's only those that I'd shared at some level, although the official announcement suggested they would all migrate regardless. Is this a known bug?

Even odder, I was able to import 3 helmet and 1 suit design that include some of those decals. These now appear in 'My Page' on the game website, but aren't available to edit in the Livery editor. I wonder whether I have to have the correct type of suit or helmet???
It's been identified as a bug and should hopefully be resolved through a future update:

9. Showcase & My Page
- When over 100 pieces of content are added in Showcase or My Page, the content is not displayed when the page is scrolled. This issue affects only the following type of content:
 ・Showcase > My Item: Style, Helmet Liveries, Racing Suit Liveries, Decals
 ・Showcase > Collection: All content type
 ・My Page > Gallery: All content type
I've also encountered similar issues regarding helmet and suit designs. The ones I've shared have decals I created and imported into GT Sport myself, which otherwise do not appear on the car liveries I've so far attempted to import into GT7.

Last edited:
I have a question that was hinted at somewhere (can't find it again), but without a definitive answer.

If a decal is/has been uploaded to GT Sport, how can I get it over to GT7?
Not just my decals, but ones that other people made.

My decals from Sport haven't ported over correctly, for some reason only the first 10 that I ever made (back in 2018!) came over.

Is there another way?

If a decal is/has been uploaded to GT Sport, how can I get it over to GT7?
[...] ones that other people made.
You can't.

My decals from Sport haven't ported over correctly, for some reason only the first 10 that I ever made (back in 2018!) came over.
Were they the only ones shared publicly?

I wonder whether I have to have the correct type of suit or helmet???
Ding ding! How right you are.
If it wasn’t shared, it won’t carry over. Sadly. But there are bugs around, yes.

I don't think so. I'll have to check.
They will be...

My GTS publically shared on the left, and GT7 imported on the right. The order is slightly different, but they're the same list all the way down.

1646856773230.png

Well now.....apparently yes, they were the only ones I shared. I shared a bunch of liveries (styles now I guess), race pics and scapes, but I'm a bit shocked I didn't share hardly any decals. :embarrassed:

That's gonna change.

If I share them now on GT Sport, will they populate here, or was that just stuff prior to February 15th?

They will do more ports but nobody knows when the next one will happen. Maybe once a month? Maybe once every 2 months? :scared:

Are you sure? Their transfer note said there will be transfers at more points in the future.
I just now shared a decal in GT Sport, and it is now in my gallery in GT7.

Huzzah!!

Wish I woulda known that before. It would have saved @krisduv from having to make a few for me for a livery that ported over from GTS with missing decals........missing because I neglected to share! :embarrassed: :grumpy:

Does anybody else have a drop in quality for custom made liveries when in race? Like when you zoom in to take a photo, you can see that the decals are somewhat fuzzy and clearly lower quality than the in-game/default liveries?

I'm playing on a base PS4 so I'm thinking that's the reason for the quality drop cause I use to see the same thing in GT Sport.

Last edited:
Back