Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

most likely a PS4 issue. On the PS5 it's far less but still there to a small extent on rear windows when looking back from the cockpit view for example.

Does anybody else have a drop in quality for custom made liveries when in race? Like when you zoom in to take a photo, you can see that the decals are somewhat fuzzy and clearly lower quality than the in-game/default liveries?

I'm playing on a base PS4 so I'm thinking that's the reason for the quality drop cause I use to see the same thing in GT Sport.
I'm seeing the same thing on my PS4.

I have the $ for a PS5.....just can't FIND ONE!!!

Interesting. I wonder if that's also the case with liveries?
It is.

I fired up GT Sport, picked a different livery I made for a car that I have in GT7, shared it in GTS, went to GT7 and it was there when I went to the livery editor. Cool. Very happy PD made this happen.
Big facts! Smh

I'd probably have one if they weren't so hard to come by or so inflated by scalpers.
Agreed! Not paying over a grand to a scalper for a PS5 with no way to return it if there's a problem.

A lot of Facebook sellers for the PS5..... oddly with empty profiles, just recently joined......hmmm...

...yeah I don't think so.

Last edited:
At least ingame you can, the website still only shows 100.
tbh I preferred the single page view of GTS but I guess I'll just have to remember on what page what decal is now. I still also wish we could sort our decals :dunce:

I just now shared a decal in GT Sport, and it is now in my gallery in GT7.

Huzzah!!

Wish I woulda known that before. It would have saved @krisduv from having to make a few for me for a livery that ported over from GTS with missing decals........missing because I neglected to share! :embarrassed: :grumpy:

I came onto this thread to ask about this very process - glad to see you guys have answered my question without me even needing to ask the question! I'll be jumping into GTS tonight to share a load of decals I've uploaded and used but not shared. I tried importing my first livery last night and found that a load of decals were missing, including some which luckily were in-game anyway so could be replaced easily.

You can import a livery only once: if you miss decals its better to first share the decals in GTS and then just share the livery again instead of fixing all the missing decals.

As we know: sharing is caring.

This is either a bug or a lie.
They've not listed it as a bug so far, though I suppose technically it's not a bug with the game, just whatever process they're running in the background.

I'm hoping it's not a lie though.

As we know: sharing is caring.
I'll probably be deleting most of mine! Now that deleted decals don't stay on liveries, I need all 1000 slots...

Actually ... is there still a 1000 decal limit? I don't see a mention of it anywhere?

I used to delete my decals after finishing/sharing the liveries on GTS, so I have to update the missing decals on GT7.

Now that we can see more than 100 decals, I tried to upload new decals until the first decal I shared on GT7 went above the 100th decal, just to be sure it doesn't disappear. It works. So far.
So unless I share the new decals I upload, I guess I can update my liveries. Or if I reach 1000 decals (still the limit??)

Lost progress on an R8 Evo livery o was working on, loaded it up and all the decals I'd applied so far were gone even though they were all basic shapes.

I'm not near my PS5 for the remainder of the week but has anyone checked if they fixed the favourite folders so you can add decals into them now? And if yes, how many folders can you create? I hope more than 10 tbh :nervous:

Yes they fixed it. And it's still 10 folders only 🤷‍♂️
Is it also still limited to 100 decals per favourites folder?

Has anyone tested if the old trick of adding a decal to a favourites folder then deleting from your collection would leave it in the favourites folder? Effectively gives you a decal collection limit of 2,000.

Is it also still limited to 100 decals per favourites folder?

Has anyone tested if the old trick of adding a decal to a favourites folder then deleting from your collection would leave it in the favourites folder? Effectively gives you a decal collection limit of 2,000.
I don't know.. Create then delete 10 folders doesn't take much time. But add 100 decals on a folder? I'm not that bored :D

I don't know.. Create then delete 10 folders doesn't take much time. But add 100 decals on a folder? I'm not that bored :D
Easy way to test is add a decal from your collection to a favourites folder, then go into collection and remove the decal from your collection, then check favourites folder. If it's still there, you can drop decals into favourites folders for safe keeping, add into a main collection and clear out as/when. That's how I used to use it anyway.

Easy way to test is add a decal from your collection to a favourites folder, then go into collection and remove the decal from your collection, then check favourites folder. If it's still there, you can drop decals into favourites folders for safe keeping, add into a main collection and clear out as/when. That's how I used to use it anyway.
Yep you're right.. I did and it's still there.
That made me realize how annoying it is to deal with the way you have to manage your decals..
you can't delete them from the livery editor, but you can't add them to your fav folders from the showcase.

you can't delete them from the livery editor
I usually just remove them from my collection through the website as when I'm making liveries 90% of the time my PC is turned on anyways.

But good to hear that at least that is kept the way it was in GTS. Thought that'll leave me with the tedious task of manually putting a lot of decals into folders. And those can't be sorted either. So annoying :grumpy:

I'm not a big livery editor guy (it's so much work!) but I appreciate real good replica ones. I made a few Turner Motorsport liveries for Sport (which I'll re-share if I can ever get the cars) but this is my first for GT7. So happy with how it came out. I found someone had already made one, but upon further inspection, the details weren't all there. So I dove back in. Had to relearn how to do all this junk in Illustrator. Took about a day and a half thanks to making a bunch of decals. I always choose to take some liberties to work around the GT stuff so I build around the automatic number plates they put on and I don't put other numbers around the car that they won't cover up, otherwise you get random mismatched numbers.

Their NSX is up next!

If you're curious for a little info about the real car: Legendary Acura Integra Type R Racecar Screams Back to the Track at 9,000 rpm

Gran Turismo® 7_20220310113320.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220310114641.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220310115202.jpg

Last edited:
Right,

I just uploaded a bunch of decals, and as best as I can tell, I'm at about 1070 decals uploaded.

There's not count anywhere, and the uploader hasn't told me to stop.

Perhaps there is no decal limit anymore. Yay.

____

On the downside... even with 1000 decals uploaded, the livery editor doesn't tell you which ones haven't appeared on the livery, there's no decal name... so, for instance here...

1646938312525.png

I've now got to check what went where, then find it amongst 1000+ decals... for every livery. FOR. EVERY. LIVERY.

weak cant GIF

I just upload missing decals for liveries I'm currently doing. Once all my liveries are brought over, I'll upload the remainder of my decals and creater folders for all. Just need to figure out how to properly put everything into 10 folders.

Yep you're right.. I did and it's still there.
That made me realize how annoying it is to deal with the way you have to manage your decals..
you can't delete them from the livery editor, but you can't add them to your fav folders from the showcase.
my bad @MidnightRun85 the decal I added to my fav folder and deleted is no longer there. Just an empty space.

Last edited:
Back