Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

I'm not a big livery editor guy (it's so much work!) but I appreciate real good replica ones. I made a few Turner Motorsport liveries for Sport (which I'll re-share if I can ever get the cars) but this is my first for GT7. So happy with how it came out. I found someone had already made one, but upon further inspection, the details weren't all there. So I dove back in. Had to relearn how to do all this junk in Illustrator. Took about a day and a half thanks to making a bunch of decals. I always choose to take some liberties to work around the GT stuff so I build around the automatic number plates they put on and I don't put other numbers around the car that they won't cover up, otherwise you get random mismatched numbers.
First off, nice looking livery. :cheers:

I like the bolded the part above. I do the same, because not doing that is sometimes kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Let me say first that I'm talking about Racing Car Replica liveries, not street car designs.

I understand some people go to great lengths to make a replica livery as accurate as possible, and as you stated, it can be A LOT of work, even before you start. From finding good quality pictures of the livery, then identifying decals, tracking them down, or making them, getting the colors right etc, etc...you know.

But then you decide to take it to the track to race, and the Gran Turismo number plate/sticker gets put on and partially covers a sponsor or number or something. I makes my OCD gauge start jumping.:irked:

Example below.

What looks at first to be a really good good race photo.

Interlagos R3.jpg

Then, upon further inspection I see this:

Interlagos number offset.jpg

I really, really love that livery on the Merc, (I have a better pic of it somewhere), but that kinda kills the race pic for me.

(I also hope whoever made that is not reading this)....:embarrassed:

Like you seikenfreak, I start a livery by putting on the GT numberplates, then working the livery around them.
It's usually not a big issue at all, and it sure does clean up the race photos!

Ok, I'm done here......I'll just leave this soapbox right here if anyone else wants to use it, Ok?

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned, but there is no Honda Type R Championship White in the Livery Editor. There’s Epson NSX White, but not Honda Racing Championship White. 👎
I brought through a 911 RSR livery I created on GT Sport last night. I had to pay for the paint to be applied as it was a paint chip i don't own. It was championship white, so it is there in the game somewhere. Perhaps paint the car in gt auto before going into the livery editor?

It would appear that any helmets and suits that are transferred from Sport to GT7 are restricted to private.
That would explain why they upload so quickly.

Think I'm going to do a bit more original liveries in GT7. But also enjoying the singleplayer a lot so just made this quick wrap for my M3.
3a3325afa50d4433a66b0327c9a84b25_photo.webp

Download here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7...16-b24bd5d24da2/gallery/All/19421855591887309

Editor is kinda bugged here. My designs disappear sometimes.. I want a clean library without any duplicate designs/styles but I think you need both for editing a design. Also, has anyone confirmed you can delete decals without removing them from other people's designs? I just did a massive 240 decal upload so want to tidy things up (uploading alphabetically is a nice way)

Last edited:
Also, has anyone confirmed you can delete decals without removing them from other people's designs?
@MatskiMonk and I tried this a few days ago. You can't.
That means I won't really use other people's decals ever again as there's always the danger of them deleting it and f'ing up your livery. As updating a livery still isn't possible without sharing it from new...

Last edited:
I'm not a big livery editor guy (it's so much work!) but I appreciate real good replica ones. I made a few Turner Motorsport liveries for Sport (which I'll re-share if I can ever get the cars) but this is my first for GT7. So happy with how it came out. I found someone had already made one, but upon further inspection, the details weren't all there. So I dove back in. Had to relearn how to do all this junk in Illustrator. Took about a day and a half thanks to making a bunch of decals. I always choose to take some liberties to work around the GT stuff so I build around the automatic number plates they put on and I don't put other numbers around the car that they won't cover up, otherwise you get random mismatched numbers.

Their NSX is up next!

If you're curious for a little info about the real car: Legendary Acura Integra Type R Racecar Screams Back to the Track at 9,000 rpm

View attachment 1122208View attachment 1122209View attachment 1122211
Awesome classic. We’ll done. Got to see them up close, at Lime Rock, way back. Good memories. :)

Basic GB GT300 livery on GT4
1647009471718.jpeg

1647009267415.jpeg

1647009297201.jpeg

1647009122389.jpeg

1647009370890.jpeg

1647009412640.jpeg

1647009449576.jpeg

Maybe I’m missing something, but has anyone found a way to match colors with the new HSV values?

For example. If I use convertingcolors.com how do a turn that HSV into GT7’s HSV since they’re not the same?

Just a heads-up: Liveries created for the RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model are likely only accessible for those who pre-ordered the game and thus have access to that car (unless PD gives it away in an event) since they are treated separately by the game (except for Car Index purposes):

1647032784861.png

Just a heads-up: Liveries created for the RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model are likely only accessible for those who pre-ordered the game and thus have access to that car (unless PD gives it away in an event) since they are treated separately by the game (except for Car Index purposes):

View attachment 1122806
I presume the country-specific 25th Anniversary GR Yarii would also be treated as such, wouldn't they?

I‘m actually going mad with the livery editor. Very often I can‘t see My own decals, styles …
Today I wasn’t able to import a livery I made in GTS. Evertime I tried this the game crashed and I have to start it again. I think it’s a server problem or wrong programming. I hope they fix it very soon because I like to import all my liveries from GTS to GT7.

For the driving suit editor, why can't we duplicate and mirror decals on the arms? I haven't gone back to Sport to check, but surely this was something you were able to do? Admittedly I didn't spend much time making suits so I could be wrong.

Doesn't really apply to this thread, but also I'm disappointed to see no new centre lock wheels, and the absence of SSR and Wedssport. :/

Hello guys,
A solution to apply decals on the sides of the rear wing of the SF19?
Decals only work on top.

Thank you

Last edited:
There's something I don't understand with the window banners.
Sometimes I can use all of it, sometimes I can't (on the same car I mean)
Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just another weird bug in the livery editor?

36866A25-6396-4F3D-A75B-D1A2DEBC68D1.jpeg

Back