Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Just wondering, wouldn't it be ideal to just upload 1 color and make the design open?
So everyone can create their own color instead of uploading all these separate designs?
The liveries aren’t locked. Players can still do that.
I buy duplicates. That’s why I have each Color. Majority of my liveries are for my own use. Rarely shared. As per below
For me it's the making of the liveries that's fun.
I love to see them being used but that's really not why I make them

My last* livery.

Took me ages to finish. Thanks to @Drex124 for the decals! 🍻

R5 Turbo 3E

*latest actually, thanks @RacingGrandpa :D

20829807095781193.jpg20829538106122550.jpg20829937576880434.jpg1845725608c36-screenshotUrl.png1845725531b88-screenshotUrl.png

Last edited:
I wish PD would allow us to paint real car paints or special colours on to decal shapes. It's highly frustrating when you want to match certain parts of the car you can paint with real car paint or special colours. The colour palette can't match the exact colours and look totally wrong.

I wish PD would allow us to paint real car paints or special colours on to decal shapes. It's highly frustrating when you want to match certain parts of the car you can paint with real car paint or special colours. The colour palette can't match the exact colours and look totally wrong.
Yeah, you have to use negative decals to get around it. But it's not straightforward and quite limiting!

At the risk of repeating myself within a page or so, it's not that simple - or at least - you shouldn't think of it as PD not "allowing" us to do it. There's a fundamental difference between decals and paint finishes, and whilst I doubt it would be impossible, I can only imagine it would come at a heavy in-game resource price (cars on the grid, LOD's, framerate etc.)

Yes we've all been through that, it would be great of course but as @MatskiMonk says, I'm afraid this point is not that simple...

We'll certainly still have to try to find a matching combination of numbers to make it the way we want! :D
Sometimes it turns pretty good tbo.

Maybe we should have a thread about that, when we found something very close to the real paint... 🤔

While they're at it, maybe PD can take some extra baby steps and let us mix carbon fiber with other paints.
For this point I don't really see what is the issue, I guess there might be a reason, I'd like to know which one.

On the easy things they could do there's the fact we don't always want to paint everything when we want to change the colour of the car.
We could paint the Brembo brakes the way we want.
We could see the actual car we use when we buy a paint.
We could move freely around the car when we buy a silencer, a wide body, a paint, wheels, aero parts and all other parts...

We could, we could, we could...

Last edited:
On the easy things they could do there's the fact we don't always want to paint everything when we want to change the colour of the car.
My biggest pet peeve with the livery editor.

I can deal with everything else but come on PD, just let us paint each part of the car separately from the get go.

Back