Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

52528217516_6e02391805_h.jpg

52528695385_878af9cb0b_h.jpg

This AMG C63 is a car I made for a NLS/VLN based series to be run on a monthly basis. The series ruleset based on the SP8/SP8T class but done with selected production road cars here.

It wasn't supposed to be this simple, but I kinda like it:
9vCJjmK.png

doQcBue.png

I finally "fixed" the Miku M6. It's more organized and detailed:
H2o2Mmz.jpg

Revisting my very first GT7 livery. Decided to reorganize the decals, paint the splitters and a few other modifications like the Red Bull and GT logos on the windshield. Redoing the splitters/diffuser was definitely a good idea. I think it's much better now:
8l1GHK7.png

5DP13Nf.png

I got rid of the yellow/red mirrors though! It was too much :lol:
8HqajmF.jpg

I'm not very good with suits and helmets, but I always try to create them for liveries that I really like. This is what I managed to come up with:
jrHgR4J.jpg
xq33l4N.jpg

I5YaeJj.jpg

This was bothering me, I had a plan and the stupid vgt body with its not separate wing was impeding. I took a different approach today and was able to lay all the dots with not too much distortion etc. I figured why not tweak everything else too. Version 2
The second biggest PITA after the non-separate rear wing, is those rear wheel arches. It feels so pedantic to make the suggestion, because I fully appreciate how tricky it can be, but breaking down the decals so you project them from the top just on that area would be a worthy effort for version 3 ;) That distortion is a pain to work with... I'm working on reproducing the Studie Blancpain Asia design on the VGT, I don't want that distortion, but you can see, as soon as you change the projection angle/method, even an identical decal doesn't line up anymore...

1669763892460.png

___

Anyway, it looks great though. Seriously, not an easy style to tackle, or car to do it on, so please don't take my comments as criticism!

Oh great minds...

I am trying to share a livery, but with the option for the user to change paint. Sometimes, I share a livery and the user can change paint, but I don't know how I did it.

Can anyone advise?

@HickOnACrick if you want the livery to apply any of the standard base coloiurs for a car, if you just apply decals but don't use any paints, it will use whatever colour they own of that car. Likewise, if you leave a style unlocked, people can modify it when they use it (decals and paint included).

Got some time off and plunged into the livery editor again. Here are my latest creations.
More photo's in my personal thread on this forum, download link in my signature.

Imaginary IMSA entry with some Lexus RC F GT3's

A team of Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3's, sponsored by juicd

Last edited:
It's now unlimited, you don't need to delete them, I've got about 2500 decals.

For organising it, you can create favourites folders. So I'd suggest as soon as you upload them, you assign them to a favourites folder of some type, so in future, you can find them a bit easier. For example, lots of my modern DTM decals are about 20 pages in, so I created a Modern DTM favourites folder, added them, so now it's just 2 clicks to filter down to just those ones.

Not entirely sure since I've only had to fix liveries that broke when imported from GTS, but, the livery keeps all the decal info even if the decal doesn't show up, it won't re-attach the decal just because you've re-uploaded it, but it you use the replace decal function, and select the newly uploaded one, it will remember all the original scaling and rotating etc.

Do you know if they've also lifted the cap on liveries as well?

Have you tried delete temporary data just in case?
Yes. It’s happened to me a while ago, but I just deleted liveries and that sorted it. Looked at my storage. Had 84% used, mainly for replays. I deleted all replays and now have 25% used(11% all Photos and 14% other).
I’ve Deleted the game and re-installing now.

The second biggest PITA after the non-separate rear wing, is those rear wheel arches…

___
Follow up question. If you needed to place a long multi color stripe front to back that would need cross areas like this, how would you tackle it? Do you do everything in smaller subassemblies? The transition from vertical to horizontal surfaces with one decal is something I have not figured out, even when talking about just fenders and such.

Follow up question. If you needed to place a long multi color stripe front to back that would need cross areas like this, how would you tackle it? Do you do everything in smaller subassemblies? The transition from vertical to horizontal surfaces with one decal is something I have not figured out, even when talking about just fenders and such.
It really depends what it is, but smaller decals will give you more options with less distortion. It's sometimes not worth the hassle, but in the example I gave above I'll be breaking that down into smaller pieces (not sure exactly how yet). Sometimes you can just go with a big decal, and if you get too much pixelation along a distorted edge you can use your decal as a template, and neaten it up with in game shapes.

Back