Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Playing with the baby cars.
20829984341481178.jpg

20829635804543528.jpg

How are people able to upload images of anime characters and such? Every time I upload an SVG file to a converter it just blacks everything out. Is there something I'm missing?

How are people able to upload images of anime characters and such? Every time I upload an SVG file to a converter it just blacks everything out. Is there something I'm missing?
I’m guessing you are trying to convert a complicated image. GT7 can only take 15kb per decal. Your image will probably need to be split into many layers to publish in game.

Forgot to post these over here, but I've made some more colour combo's for my Jaguar F-Type.

Chicago Bears

Karcher

Pinkpop festival

White Castle

Goodwood

Snickers

Pittsburgh Steelers

Freeway Insurance

More pics and the download links can be found in my personal thread

Rehashing the past on an NSX Group 2 that is 13 years newer.
184a9914c4632-screenshotUrl.png
184a991643b59-screenshotUrl.png

Not the best but was trying to get proportions right to the original.
Now need to tweak them so, it looks more natural.
But I do wonder, how many of us Used the Honda NSX-R LM GT2 car from GT1, over the GTO LM, Toms Supra or Nismo LM.

Last edited:
This might seem like a stupid question but have they changed how liveries/styles are saved?

Because I'd shared so many decals on Sport it ended up being a nightmare to scroll through and find them, so I tended to just upload what I needed for each car, publish it and then delete the decals which was never a problem.

I've made a livery today in GT7 and after I shared the style I deleted all of the decals and now even if I use the livery by adding it to my collection it doesn't pull in any decals other than ones previously shared/hedl on the game.

Do I need to leave every decal in the game permanently now for liveries to work on my own car?

I looked at the same livery on my secondary account and that shows it perfectly fine so it looks like it works as it did on Sport for other people, but for your own liveries you must keep every decal you use for every car installed?

This might seem like a stupid question but have they changed how liveries/styles are saved?

Because I'd shared so many decals on Sport it ended up being a nightmare to scroll through and find them, so I tended to just upload what I needed for each car, publish it and then delete the decals which was never a problem.

I've made a livery today in GT7 and after I shared the style I deleted all of the decals and now even if I use the livery by adding it to my collection it doesn't pull in any decals other than ones previously shared/hedl on the game.

Do I need to leave every decal in the game permanently now for liveries to work on my own car?

I looked at the same livery on my secondary account and that shows it perfectly fine so it looks like it works as it did on Sport for other people, but for your own liveries you must keep every decal you use for every car installed?
Once deleted they are gone. You need to leave them in your collection, or the livery will break. The thumbnail will show, but the decals will be gone for everyone.

Last edited:
Once deleted they are gone. You need to leave them in your collection, or the livery will break. The thumbnail will show, but the decals will be gone for everyone.
Thanks. That seems a bit of a backwards step?

Have they removed the limit on the number of stored decals you can have as well then? I was well over 700 or so decals on Sport iirc which was why I'd started deleting. If it's still something like a 1,000 decal limit like it used to be then it's really going to limit how much we can do livery wise surely?

If I readd them will that fix it? Or will I need to republish the existing livery/style again?

Last edited:
Have they removed the limit on the number of stored decals you can have as well then? I was well over 700 or so decals on Sport iirc which was why I'd started deleting. If it's still something like a 1,000 decal limit like it used to be then it's really going to limit how much we can do livery wise surely?
It's now unlimited, you don't need to delete them, I've got about 2500 decals.

For organising it, you can create favourites folders. So I'd suggest as soon as you upload them, you assign them to a favourites folder of some type, so in future, you can find them a bit easier. For example, lots of my modern DTM decals are about 20 pages in, so I created a Modern DTM favourites folder, added them, so now it's just 2 clicks to filter down to just those ones.
If I readd them will that fix it? Or will I need to republish the existing livery/style again?
Not entirely sure since I've only had to fix liveries that broke when imported from GTS, but, the livery keeps all the decal info even if the decal doesn't show up, it won't re-attach the decal just because you've re-uploaded it, but it you use the replace decal function, and select the newly uploaded one, it will remember all the original scaling and rotating etc.

Last edited:
It's now unlimited, you don't need to delete them, I've got about 2500 decals.

For organising it, you can create favourites folders. So I'd suggest as soon as you upload them, you assign them to a favourites folder of some type, so in future, you can find them a bit easier. For example, lots of my modern DTM decals are about 20 pages in, so I created a Modern DTM favourites folder, added them, so now it's just 2 clicks to filter down to just those ones.

Not entirely sure since I've only had to fix liveries that broke when imported from GTS, but, the livery keeps all the decal info even if the decal doesn't show up, it won't re-attach the decal just because you've re-uploaded it, but it you use the replace decal function, and select the newly uploaded one, it will remember all the original scaling and rotating etc.
I did not know about the favorites folders, I have never thought to look. That will make things easier.

I did the Barclay livery once for a livery contest here on a Mustang.
Now that the RS500 is finally in the game I had to create it for the Sierra as well off course.
The cars colour is gold for the thin stripe, everything else you see is a sticker.

and then i created 2 legendary rallycross cars from the end of the 80's.
Not exact replica's because I did not have all the decals but also because they had different stickers nearly every race.

Bjorn Skogstad's RS500

Kennet Hansen's RS500

Last edited:
I had been wanting to do a Keith Haring design for a while, and finally got around to it thanks to @ZombieLiquid helping me out with the repeating pattern. I grew up driving past the original “CRACK IS WACK!” handball court in Harlem all the time, and I knew I wanted to use that, but the rest was just winging it. I wanted to use a field of dots on the back like Haring uses for background in many of his paintings, but the vgt shape was wreaking havoc. Anyways…
CF4545C7-8ED7-4704-84FA-3A94D0AA00D4.jpeg
FF4DD45C-9146-4E1C-9F7F-F598CA45649E.jpeg
8DA6EB0D-B84E-4991-94F0-2325D9CB439D.jpeg
K.Haring art car

Last edited:
That’s cool. Reminds me when I used to volunteer at Grace House(2000-2001), in Manhattan. His work is displayed on the walls of the staircase.

I've made a little project for myself to create GT300 style liveries for all of the modern Group 3 models in GT7, since their spec feels fairly close to the real thing. So far I've gotten through 6 (only 2 you don't see here are a BRZ that I previously shared here and a Mustang I'm still finalizing), but I hope to increase that number in the coming months.

#84 Mooncraft Alfa Romeo 4C
4C Gr3 2.jpg
4C Gr3 3.jpg
4C gr3 4.jpg

#51 Mazdaspeed Zent Atenza
Atenza Gr3 1.jpg
Atenza Gr3 2.jpg

#27 RalliArt GT Lancer Evolution X
Lancer Gr3 1.jpg
Lancer Gr3 2.jpg
Lancer Gr3 3.jpg

#9 Team MOTUL STi Impreza