Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

I hardly ever use other peoples decals so I'd not realised this was the case. I wonder if this is part of why interaction on shared stuff seems lower in GT7 than GTSport.
I don't use other decals as well, but i do share all decals I make myself. There is literally 0 incentive to do it lol.
Same goes when people download a livery straight from the search function: you cannot give a like to the creator.

PS Share button takes care of that for Twitter/YouTube, and the fact the showcase is on the web too means people can easily grab a link and share stuff on places like GTP, you can also share to Facebook and Twitter directly from the showcase on the web too (not sure if the buttons are there in the game). Perhaps it could be better in some aspects but there's certainly more than "no social media integration".
While you're right about that there's certainly more than “no social media integration“ I may have phrased it wrong. The issue I'm having is actually less that there is no way but the way it is integrated still feels clunky and unattached to me. Plus the web showcase doesn't display comments correctly on mobile while it works fine under GTS.

I don't use other decals as well, but i do share all decals I make myself. There is literally 0 incentive to do it lol.
Think I'm at about 2200 decals uploaded so far but less than 300 of them are shared because most of them are meaningless pieces of bigger things! But yeah, there isn't much of an incentive to do it. If I happen to have a keyboard plugged in to my playstation I'll tend to do a bunch at once, but putting in meaningful titles, descriptions and tags just with the onscreen keyboard is so ******* labourious!

Think I'm at about 2200 decals uploaded so far but less than 300 of them are shared because most of them are meaningless pieces of bigger things! But yeah, there isn't much of an incentive to do it. If I happen to have a keyboard plugged in to my playstation I'll tend to do a bunch at once, but putting in meaningful titles, descriptions and tags just with the onscreen keyboard is so ******* labourious!
Ha how many pages is that? I'm at 18 yeah, but don't share a lot.
And actually the PS5 remembers most words, so I just use standard texts for sharing decals right now.

I'll weigh in on the whole "pay for liveries" debate.

Personally, I don't see the point - it's an embellishment within a game that's focussed around collecting cars and racing them. That's where the real money is made and spent. Even having a comprehensive (albeit limited) livery editor in the game is more than they needed to give us, but they did, and it's an awesome feature you can invest literally hundreds, if not thousands, of hours playing around and making incredible creations. But its an embellishment to the core of the game - not the core of the game. So monetizing style creation is something that should be left well alone. We've all seen the players who have dozens of likes on a gallery where they've literally painted the car in all of that manufacturer's colours and shared them all - there's literally zero talent required but relies on popularity to increase exposure. While those who create some of the most incredibly detailed and accurate replicas and original designs struggle to get more than 30 likes on something that took them 6 hours to make. So it's something that is likely to lead to either exploitation of the "likes" system or the use of styles.

Either way, there will be people who aren't happy with the outcome and will moan about the issues with it.

Leave it as it is, just improve the functionality! And as @huff says, having a way to see when people actually add it to their collection and/or use it is much more rewarding than those likes/reposts in the Showcase. The only way I know if someone is using my liveries at the moment is when @Mercia tags me in the Daily Race Discussion complimenting my livery for his victory a daily race! :cheers:

I don't need credits for liveries – but I'd love to know how many folks have actually downloaded it in-game. Likes and reposts are cool, but the metric I want is if it actually was used.
Seems like quite a few people miss this. I would welcome a download counter as well.

Frankly, I don't even care about the likes and reposts.
I thi6I could easily get more. I always see the same few people post the same sentence on my liveries "great -L&R - please check my livery out when you have time.
On every livery.
And they gets enormous amounts of likes for their phishing.
But I won't do it.
I am pleased with the likes I get but when I get likes from people here it's so much more important to me.

I thi6I could easily get more. I always see the same few people post the same sentence on my liveries "great -L&R - please check my livery out when you have time.
On every livery.
And they gets enormous amounts of likes for their phishing.
But I won't do it.
I am pleased with the likes I get but when I get likes from people here it's so much more important to me.

I don’t get many likes on my liveries much. Probably because most are outside of many people’s interests.
That’s okay, since I’m doing them for myself anyway. Sometimes I do some for RL friends on request.
Sure, appreciation is nice to get, but it doesn’t add much for my motivation to do liveries, at all.

I don’t get many ‘L&R! Look at my gallery!’ messages. I mostly get the ‘nice work’ and ‘great design’ ones.
None ever said what they like about the liveries specifically, so that feedback is useless and so are the likes and reposts 😁

I don’t get many likes on my liveries much. Probably because most are outside of many people’s interests.
That’s okay, since I’m doing them for myself anyway. Sometimes I do some for RL friends on request.
Sure, appreciation is nice to get, but it doesn’t add much for my motivation to do liveries, at all.

I don’t get many ‘L&R! Look at my gallery!’ messages. I mostly get the ‘nice work’ and ‘great design’ ones.
None ever said what they like about the liveries specifically, so that feedback is useless and so are the likes and reposts 😁
I agree. I will try and be better in this thread about what I like

It's always nice to see genuine acknowledgement of your work. I don't think it's realistic to expect someone to write out a critical analysis on their gamepad.

People barely do more than leave a like here in the dedicated livery thread.
I think this is a good point. It is the “Reddit” formula, like and move on… I try to leave comments but they end up being generic on account of typing on the game pad. I only type “look at my gallery” if it is one of the folks that do it to me regularly. I feel if they want me to go to their gallery I would like them to look at the rest of mine. I look at someone’s full gallery when I like one livery, I try to pick out my favs from their collection and give a bunch of l&r at one time. If I am digging the whole gallery I follow. I wish more people would cruise my gallery when they hit my newest with a like.

Last edited:
I was contemplating making a Gulf livery for this car. But never did.
And I am pleased to see that you made it a lot better than I could have. There's a distinct 60's feel to the Gulf car here. I can't pinpoint why, might be the number boards

The yellow car is such a looker. Awesome!
I deliberately went with circular boards for a 60s feel and only used decals on the Gulf/McLaren that were right for the era.
I've cheated a bit on the Gulf livery by using powder blue to make it stand out.
Simple livery with some flares on the nose to line and then made a Jordan one because really wanted a yellow version.
Thanks

Last edited:
These are good. I have a Gulf livery on one too, but realise my number boards should be larger for a more classic look.

I love the Jordan one. Nice and subtle, yet recognizable as Jordan.

This is the size of my current number boards. They do not have the classic vibe like yours.

0B418002-804D-4BD9-BB3D-99220BC29E55.jpeg

I agree. I will try and be better in this thread about what I like
I'd appreciate feedback in any form a lot more than likes and reposts. I could learn a thing or two from good feedback. I understand many players are browsing liveries on their consoles and never leave decent feedback, because pad typing sucks.
I check liveries on the website on PC, just to avoid pad typing and pointing.
If only GT7's livery editor would fully support keyboard mouse and have it's own .svg converter built in. One can only dream...

Last edited:
These are good. I have a Gulf livery on one too, but realise my number boards should be larger for a more classic look.

This is the size of my current number boards. They do not have the classic vibe like yours.

View attachment 1235602
I agree slightly larger number boards would probably look better, but what you've got is not necessarily wrong. There used to be much less consistency with number boards (and numbers without boards, for that matter) so as long as the font, colour, and placements are roughly right, you can't be far wrong!

I agree slightly larger number boards would probably look better, but what you've got is not necessarily wrong. There used to be much less consistency with number boards (and numbers without boards, for that matter) so as long as the font, colour, and placements are roughly right, you can't be far wrong!
Thanks! I do spot a few things that need a change, besides the number boards. I completely forgot to paint the mirrors 👀. So sloppy....

View attachment 1235602

I usually do the mirrors in chrome for that old school feel.
When I took my licens most cars had small, circular Chrome mirrors
I don't think there is a right or wrong on either of our versions really.
Your orange base is instantly recognisable from 60s/70s Gulf GT cars.
I did it the way I did because single seater cars of that era were either one colour, had a stripe
or had a bar of colour on the nose.

Also I didn't realise we could change the exhaust colour. Nice touch.

Grandpa is right too, match the paint or chrome the mirrors to tie them in.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a right or wrong on either of our versions really.
Your orange base is instantly recognisable from 60s/70s Gulf GT cars.
I did it the way I did because single seater cars of that era were either one colour, had a stripe
or had a bar of colour on the nose.

Also I didn't realise we could change the exhaust colour. Nice touch.

Grandpa is right too, match the paint or chrome the mirrors to tie them in.
Recoloring the exhaust is in the Paint/Rear Wing section.

Back