Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Bugger.

Guess this livery is done then.

asd.png

asd1.png

asd2.png

Not necessarily a Livery Editor question, but does anyone know what it means when someone comments on your photo or style and says: "Nice L&R [#122] [#1] [#4]" ?? What do the numbers in brackets mean? It's doing my head in trying to figure it out.

Not necessarily a Livery Editor question, but does anyone know what it means when someone comments on your photo or style and says: "Nice L&R [#122] [#1] [#4]" ?? What do the numbers in brackets mean? It's doing my head in trying to figure it out.
I believe those are emoticons on the PS but on PC and mobile they don't work.

I believe those are emoticons on the PS but on PC and mobile they don't work.
Ahah! That would make sense! I'll have to check when I'm on later tonight. I kept seeing it when checking during the day (on mobile/phone). I don't tend to look through Showcase or my Gallery much on the console...

Ahah! That would make sense! I'll have to check when I'm on later tonight. I kept seeing it when checking during the day (on mobile/phone). I don't tend to look through Showcase or my Gallery much on the console...

So I go to car customization to save style but the livery won't load so I try to edit the livery and save it again but it just freezes up and needs to be reset. I tried deleting saved data on my playstation since it's worked before when this happened but no luck still. Anyone have any tips or tricks to getting this livery to appear? Thank youu

My first non SuperGT replica!

1998 Davidoff Mclaren

This is the replica of the only Mclaren F1 Long Tail that entered the 1998 FIA GT Championship, more precisely this is a replica of the car that raced the 1000km of Suzuka (that never finished due to a cresh with the Porsche 911 GT1), i tried to replicate every little detail, i hope you like it, if you do please leave a like ;)
1678302495558.jpg
20829215392538010.jpg
20829538469657351.jpg
20829619034066772.jpg
20829293464547869.jpg
20829576310585900.jpg

Last edited:
At long last, I've managed to get through all 20 of my All Honda JTCC/JGTC Series, concluding with the two S2000's competing in the "Roadster" category. I just need to find the time to run the series in full now - I'll get pics and replay vids posted on the Custom Race Discussion thread when I do.

20829906226235294.jpg

Ebbro M-Tec S2000 GT300

20829480496425643.jpg

Mobil 1 PIAA S2000 GT500

20829988598442959.jpg

Many more pics and download links in my gallery!

And I think that'll do for the Honda replicas for a little while!!

I shouldn't have made this. Being a race on Monza and all. And it's an overused icon car. And the wrong time period.
Plus there's probably 100 already.

But I couldn't find one with the right number. So I did it anyway.
186c59e73b085-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_429658237880472_1678352491720.jpg

Edit: looking at the number of liveries created for this car in Showcase it must be very obvious to PD that there's a great love for F1 cars in the community.
And looking at what liveries made it must also be obvious that we crave a lot of different time periods.
I have seen everything from 1950's to current F1 transferred, with a big emphasis on the 1960's, -70's and -80's

Last edited:
I shouldn't have made this. Being a race on Monza and all. And it's an overused icon car. And the wrong time period.
Plus there's probably 100 already.

But I couldn't find one with the right number. So I did it anyway.View attachment 1237919

Edit: looking at the number of liveries created for this car in Showcase it must be very obvious to PD that there's a great love for F1 cars in the community.
And looking at what liveries made it must also be obvious that we crave a lot of different time periods.
I have seen everything from 1950's to current F1 transferred, with a big emphasis on the 1960's, -70's and -80's

Livery looks good. No reason not to create it on this car. Personally, I'd have reduced the size of the car number on the nose by about 10%.
If PD looked at the number of F1 car liveries recreated on the SF19 and T1500T-A in GT Sport alone, they'd know there is a good love of F1 cars amongst the player base. I'm not surprised that love has grown even more in GT7 with the MP4/4 and RA272 on which we can use our custom liveries and I really hope PD answers that call. But I'm not expecting them to do so.
They could always resort to a generic model, corresponding to an F1 era to avoid rights. But I have a feeling they won't put in the effort.

Livery looks good. No reason not to create it on this car. Personally, I'd have reduced the size of the car number on the nose by about 10%.
If PD looked at the number of F1 car liveries recreated on the SF19 and T1500T-A in GT Sport alone, they'd know there is a good love of F1 cars amongst the player base. I'm not surprised that love has grown even more in GT7 with the MP4/4 and RA272 on which we can use our custom liveries and I really hope PD answers that call. But I'm not expecting them to do so.
They could always resort to a generic model, corresponding to an F1 era to avoid rights. But I have a feeling they won't put in the effort.
He died in hospital following a crash in that car at Monza, just before T1. That's the reason I felt bad doing it

If this question has been asked or there is already a thread for it, please guide me accordingly and I apologize.

My question pertains to "negative" or "mask" decals. Specifically, has any one figured out a way to outline the decals? For example, you paint the entire car silver then lay down all of your negatives and paint them black. Now you have a black car with silver lettering. What if those decals were all outlined in red? Or whatever color you choose. I have attempted to lay down a negative and then duplicate the same one over top, then make the one on top larger but that just turns out wanky and just a complete mess. A few of you are just masters at these liveries and was wondering if there is a way to do this.

Back