Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Australian Supercars team, Brad Jones racing are running a livery competition. It’s open to anyone who lives in Australia (and using any method), but needs to feature Pizza Hut. If you’re an Aussie, get onto it!

The winning design will be put on the real V8 Supercar for the Vailo Adelaide 500 next month. Being my favourite race series, home event, and a once in a lifetime opportunity, I spent a while thinking about this livery.

I played around with a tribute livery, to one of team owner Brad Jones’ Bathurst podium cars, but believing it may be Pizza Hut themselves who judge it, I wasn’t sure they’d get the reference.

Instead I started from scratch. I made a quick replica of the current Pizza Hut race car, to get the secondary sponsors & their positioning right, then deleted everything Pizza related and looked at a blank canvas. If you haven’t seen the Macauley Jones #96, it looks like this:
C123A9D2-DDDF-4992-8461-3B10863B58A1.jpeg

My car took 6 full iterations and different concepts before I found something I really liked. I call it a Half ‘n Half, with the red & black sides split by white. I’ve done cars with different colours (or sponsors) on each side before, and the transition is always difficult. By using the third colour and pin striping, I believe I’ve pulled it off in a really cohesive and flowing manner this time.

I certainly don’t expect to win the competition, but it was a great excuse to jump back into liveries after a long break, and I definitely submitted an entry I’m happy with :)

20830210597525611.jpg20829195680695635.jpg20829917064679787.jpg

20829444162285419.jpg
20829690824804881.jpg
20829984862441839.jpg
20829647812316352.jpg
20829278690255699.jpg

Can anyone tell me how those 2 liveries on the ambulance have blue lights? I was told they came with the livery they downloaded. I'm curious to know how it was done. Because, well, I need me some of those.
Thanks!

2023-10-29-race-2-2-jpg.1299084

And I'm working on the classic 190 Sonax Boss
I think the livery is done but I spent way too much time on it to have a clear mind at the time of publishing it! :dunce:

I used real life photos + GT6 model to make it as close as possible to the original, with "invisible" details, like the number of stripes on the hood (I've seen two others replicas with an incorrect amount of stripes), or the misuse of the new AMG logo instead of the old one.

I could have used a grey color on the body and the sponsors to make it easier for me, but I really wanted to use an official Mercedes color and I couldn't find a matching grey for the stickers... so I made almost everything with stencil stickers (I could write a book on the number on the roof :scared:)

But I think it deserved these efforts, and it will allow me to work around this livery and do some other things.

I'll update this post with the link when it's done.

Edit : here it is
I think when you change the size of a stripe for half a centimeter on real life scale it's time to stop editing! :lol:

Last edited:
Hi,

it's been a few years since playing with the LE.

Started to make a sh**load of Löwenbräu liveries.

Tried to make a replica of something not in the game yet, 2006 FIA GT Jet Alliance 996 RSR, I would say it's close to the real one, but Sport Mode compatible. Also the Cessna graphic is unfortunately a bit different, but that's as good as I could do it.

I tried to make a TicTac livery, too:

Back