Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Does anyone know the color codes for the Falken colors?
I tried to find them with a color finder, but using the values they turn out way too dark ingame.

100 decal limit on the car, itself, or 100 decals you have downloaded overall?

Either way, it sucks. 100 decals? GT Sport let you have 2000 decals downloaded (1000 to your main folder and 100 to each of 10 custom folders). And you could put up to 300 on each vehicle.

100? Absurd!
I heard that you can upload 100 decals at a time. It would really suck if 100 was the max.

Here's where I found out about it:

Sounds real to me.

It’s for the likes of the gulf colours etc.View attachment 1120410
Right, of course. I’m tired. Brain has shut down. :lol:
I heard that you can upload 100 decals at a time. It would really suck if 100 was the max.

Here's where I found out about it:

Sounds real to me.
It’s a bug. PD has addressed it (source: in-game notice)

I have two questions

1) I found my 5 shared liveries in GT Sport, going here:
Car Livery: GT Auto → Car Customisation → Livery Editor → Open Design → All Cars
but the game won't allow me to share them. If I press X on one specific design nothing happens. The 5 car icons are all darker than usual. There's only one option to delete them. Why??
Do I have to jump in the car the livery was made for in order to select it and share it? If that's the case it's just stupid from PD's part. I still don't own that car it in GT7...

2) Why does it cost credits to get liveries? Do the credits go to the uploader? If it's like in Forza Motorsport I get it...The uploader gets paid for the effort of creating something.
If it just costs credits for the sake of reducing my credits count, unlike in GT Sport, that's just evil from PD's part.

EDIT: second question answered, only the livery styles with additional parts such as rims, body modifications and paint color still not owned cost credits

Last edited:
2) Why does it cost credits to get liveries? Do the credits go to the uploader? If it's like in Forza Motorsport I get it...The uploader gets paid for the effort of creating something.
If it just costs credits for the sake of reducing my credits count, unlike in GT Sport, that's just evil from PD's part.
I believe that you are paying for the style so any modifications they have done basically.

I believe that you are paying for the style so any modifications they have done basically.
I thought I read somewhere that in GT7 only liveries would be applied, not the wheels or other body parts the other owner applied

I thought I read somewhere that in GT7 only liveries would be applied, not the wheels or other body parts the other owner applied
What Aiden says. If someone shares a locked style, all parts come with the design. And those cost money. That’s why people should share their liveries unlocked, so everyone can decide which parts and wheels to put on themselves. I’m not one to explain it, since I only know what I’ve read. Yet to look into it myself.

There is a thread on this very topic.

Last edited:
I took the values mainly from one of the livery editor threads from GT Sport, I’ve just compiled it into a spreadsheet!
I have a link to the Gulf colors (that matches yours perfectly), but that's all. For any others, what I'd do is download a decal with those colors, add it to the car, then adjust the car color to match so I'd have a swatch of it to use on any subsequent decals. But I never even thought to save them offline.....like maybe make an Excel spreadsheet with them, lol. That would've made things much easier.

Hello everyone!
I didn't see any of my liveries ported over from GT Sport when I first downloaded GT7. After reading some stuff about it, I bought a Gr.4 Mustang (a car I had done many liveries for). Lo and behold, the liveries for that car then showed up.

Only problem is, many had missing decals. (Only 10 or so of my GTS decals got ported over....more on that in a minute). I was able to go thru my computer and find a bunch of the .svg files that were still in folders from before I uploaded them to GT Sport. They uploaded to GT7 no problem, so I was able to fix a couple of liveries the way they should have been.

And about the 'ported over' decals.....everyone says your latest ones get ported over. Not so with mine. The only ones that have been ported over from GTS were the first 10 or so that I ever did, way back on 2018! Nothing else.

I also have a question I can't find the answer to about the Livery Editor. I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the 'Overwrite' button. It seems redundant since you have the 'Save As' button right next to it, and when you're all done with that, it asks you if you want to apply the livery.
On GTS, if I wanted to make some changes, but keep the old and the new changes, I just hit 'Save as'.

Is the Overwrite button just a fancy name for 'Save'?
Did I just answer my own question? :odd::embarrassed:

I was able to go thru my computer and find a bunch of the .svg files that were still in folders from before I uploaded them to GT Sport.
If you can't find them anywhere anymore but they're still amongst your uploaded decals on the GTS website there is a way to download them from there.

Is the Overwrite button just a fancy name for 'Save'?
Did I just answer my own question? :odd::embarrassed:
Yes

It’s a bug. PD has addressed it (source: in-game notice)
Do you mean this notice?

In the above linked notice, it states that "If more than 100 liveries are transferred, new car liveries will be displayed as old ones will be imported or deleted." It sounds incredibly stupid (and on brand for PD), but there is absolutely no mention of decals being limited to 100. There is also no mention of a bug that disallows scrolling between pages of decals with the L1 and R1 buttons.

I have a lot of liveries that need inaccessible personal decals to complete and its super irritating for me right now :banghead:

If you can't find them anywhere anymore but they're still amongst your uploaded decals on the GTS website there is a way to download them from there.
This is good to know. :)

Yes, the decals are still there on the GTS site, but so far, nothing but early 2018 decals have migrated to my GT7 site.
Recent liveries pop up when I purchase a car that I did recent liveries for, so I think I'm ok there.

I should note that I'm still playing on the PS4. Sometimes, especially in the Livery Editor, the game acts like it's too much for the console to handle.
Fan runs a lot...a lot.
Replay video gets choppy sometimes...maybe more...less than 50%.

While in the livery editor, sometimes after I place/alter a decal, a decal that I hadn't touched will appear off to the right or left from it's original location, sometimes tilted or completely stretched to almost being unrecognizable. Sometimes more than one.

Once I click on them in the right side menu, they revert back to where I put them originally.
But one time I chased this for what seemed like 10 minutes...…every time I fixed a 'bug misplaced' decal, another would be out of whack. Fix that one, close it, and there would be another. I thought the game was gonna crash.

Directly after that though, everything behaved fine. I did a couple of races, did some activities other than the livery editor with no problems.

I need a PS5.

Do you mean this notice?

In the above linked notice, it states that "If more than 100 liveries are transferred, new car liveries will be displayed as old ones will be imported or deleted." It sounds incredibly stupid (and on brand for PD), but there is absolutely no mention of decals being limited to 100. There is also no mention of a bug that disallows scrolling between pages of decals with the L1 and R1 buttons.

I have a lot of liveries that need inaccessible personal decals to complete and its super irritating for me right now :banghead:
I just assumed they mean the rest too. More than 100 decals and they’re still there, just sitting in limbo. They come back when you start deleting. Silly.
How to color the full windshield banner ??
Color the two parts in the same color

I just assumed they mean the rest too. More than 100 decals and they’re still there, just sitting in limbo. They come back when you start deleting. Silly.

Color the two parts in the same color
Can you explain more plz ? Which parts are you talking about?

Painting cars in GTS was a big hobby for me, and I was realy looking forward for it in GT7. And hoped that the bugs they had in GTS would be fixed. But they still have the same bugs in it with rearwing (backside) etc. I'm a little bit dissapointed in that!

So on a computer in GT Sport if you find a livery you like, tight click and open image in new tab, change the last part of the image address from 1.jpg to 0.png you get a top, side, front and rear view of the car,

Anyone figured out how to do this in GT7 yet?

Fakelica, for the GT-R menu.

1646644443701.jpeg

Hey guys, I haven't fully come to grips with the livery editor in GT7, more been focussed on getting through some of the career mode. But a question on the liveries from GTSport - how do I find my shared liveries in GT7? I want to bring through a load of my old liveries, but haven't found how to do that yet. Thanks in advance guys!

Some of the decals haven't transferred across, as can be seen on the number board of the BMW,
but I can rectify that in game. Pity the banner can't be filled, see Porsche, as I would have like to
use the space to put colour flashing at the corners, which is impossible.

Some decals issues on a few of the helmets that transferred over but I'm not worried about them
as I plan to start making new helmets anyway.

Lease Plan BMW.jpg
TPC Kato.jpg
Mick Schumacher.jpg
BWT Alpine.jpg
McLaren Gulf.jpg
WeatherTech.jpg

Hey guys, I haven't fully come to grips with the livery editor in GT7, more been focussed on getting through some of the career mode. But a question on the liveries from GTSport - how do I find my shared liveries in GT7? I want to bring through a load of my old liveries, but haven't found how to do that yet. Thanks in advance guys!
Select the car that the livery you want to import is on.
You have to own and then be in the car you want to import.
Go to GT Auto.
Go into liveries and select the option for an existing livery and then it will load whatever GT Sport liveries you made.

Last edited:
Select the car that the livery you want to import is on.
You have to own and then be in the car you want to import.
Go to GT Auto.
Go into liveries and select the option for an existing livery and then it will load whatever GT Sport liveries you made.
So you can only bring the livery in if you have the car? Yikes, it'll be a while before I can bring in all my old stuff then!

Thanks for the description though, very helpful. I'll try that (if I have any cars I did a decent livery for...)

Back