Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

So you can only bring the livery in if you have the car? Yikes, it'll be a while before I can bring in all my old stuff then!

Thanks for the description though, very helpful. I'll try that (if I have any cars I did a decent livery for...)
If you have the car and are currently in it.

Shared both my personal suit and helmet designs last night upon reaching Collector Level 20. It seems like you have to unlock every suit and helmet design previously available in GT Sport through the Collector Level system, which I must admit would've been more tedious had I not completed the S-10 Licence Test beforehand.

a87dd29c7e26898b7af15e02fe0e7acf_thumb_l_x2.jpg

a3ae58cd0f0337397fe5b5561e31e67d_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Individual images of both from the GT7 site somehow look blurrier than those on the GT Sport site:

6278871185481564160_23.jpg

5116745658570638864_23.jpg

Complete set as displayed on my profile in GT Sport:

4828427323752842781_21.jpg4828453709886521877_21.jpg

Sometime earlier, I also tried @Nuschel01's workaround for car decals on my initial 'GR Yaris Circuit Concept' livery, and it seems to work just fine. It'll take some time for me to rebuild my self-imported decal base and get the cars I need, plus I have asked @Maninashed for permission to use his Princess Mononoke decals once again for the 'Mononoke Motorsports' imports. However, I generally feel that replacing any missing decals with re-imported ones will be an acceptable compromise until Polyphony fixes this issue.

Due to the 100 decals limit, I upload the decals missing on my imported liveries and delete them once the livery is updated and shared.
BUT it seems that every decal needs to be still online, even after publicly sharing the livery, which is not good news.
(someone complained about one of my liveries and now that I try to load it, there's a lot missing..)

I think he left GTP a while ago sadly. But iirc he said that you're free to do whatever you want with the decals he made.
Shame to hear about that. Still, found his initial reply which said 'Grab anything you want from what I have uploaded', so yes, I will try to get those designs imported as soon as I am able to.

Thank you again, @Maninashed! :cheers:

Seems like the plan view trick from GTS is gone, we used to be able to view a livery full screen from the User profile and change the 23.jpg at teh end of the URL to 1.png and get the following view.

5620581466402488376_1.png

I've not found a way to recreate this trick from the new GT7 community section.

Due to the 100 decals limit, I upload the decals missing on my imported liveries and delete them once the livery is updated and shared.
BUT it seems that every decal needs to be still online, even after publicly sharing the livery, which is not good news.
(someone complained about one of my liveries and now that I try to load it, there's a lot missing..)
If this is a case, and there's still a decal limit, that's pretty much a deal breaker.

It seems like you can only access your 100 latest uploaded decals currently, the others aren't deleted but can't be used anymore either. But PD already acknowledged that as a but afaik.
Personally I wish you could upload decals into folders or manually sort them ingame.

If this is a case, and there's still a decal limit, that's pretty much a deal breaker.
Definitely... Even 1000 decals with that rule would be bad at some point. But for now it's just impossible to make more than 3 or 4 liveries.

Has anyone noticed that shared liveries can be edited if you allow it, ex. You make a great paint and decal job on your GT40 and share it allowing editing, I add it to my collection and I can change the color of the paint or add or remove a decal or two to my liking.
If you share a livery you have that option of allowing others to edit, turn off that option and nobody but you can change it.

Has anyone noticed that shared liveries can be edited if you allow it, ex. You make a great paint and decal job on your GT40 and share it allowing editing, I add it to my collection and I can change the color of the paint or add or remove a decal or two to my liking.
If you share a livery you have that option of allowing others to edit, turn off that option and nobody but you can change it.
Always nice to be able to swap out a few things or change color. Like @Nuschel01 says above, noone can steal your livery anyway

Always nice to be able to swap out a few things or change color. Like @Nuschel01 says above, noone can steal your livery anyway
I do not mind sharing any of my designs, and do not mind if they want to edit. I found a few in GTS that I liked but wished they were in a different color, now I would be able to do just that when I find some I like...

This is my biggest thing. Just being able to change the number. I am not artistic or creative at all so I super appreciate the labor these artists put into their creations and really appreciate being able to use my 21 on them.

Yes! People really shouldn't lock their designs, really no need to. I really like this new feature.

Another good question. If you leave style open. And you didn’t share the decals you’ve used on the car. Does that mean it’s blank for others? :confused:

Didn't get to play last night, but up until Sunday night, none of my decals or liveries were showing up in GT7. I didn't make huge amounts of liveries but really liked the ones that I did make.

Still a bit disappointed that you can't group decals into groups and then move/resize them as this would be such a good option to have. Seems like there's a lot of limitations on the editor still compared to how they were billing it as being much improved.

Still a bit disappointed that you can't group decals into groups and then move/resize them as this would be such a good option to have. Seems like there's a lot of limitations on the editor still compared to how they were billing it as being much improved.
To be fair, although there's lots of things people would like to be able to do in the Livery Editor, it's not an area PD really made any claims about for GT7. It was fairly clear from the trailers that the functionality remained the same.

... at the moment they need to address the decal carryover first, and then sort out whether decals will remain on liveries if deleted by the uploader, 'cus that could kill it dead for me.

I get that, but in the behind the scenes videos they released, Kaz mentioned the main goal was "to improve usability and ease of use for the gamers." So maybe I just assumed that to mean there'd be some improvement.

Either way, it's still a great feature to have in the GT series as it wasn't something that we had until GTS.

Didn't get to play last night, but up until Sunday night, none of my decals or liveries were showing up in GT7. I didn't make huge amounts of liveries but really liked the ones that I did make.
I had the same problem or so I thought but you will not see any of your liveries or decals (unless the decals are yours that you uploaded) in your gallery or in showcase. When you go to the custom shop with the same car you had a shared livery you will find your liveries in the load livery section.

Is there a way to change the color of a car and keep the original decals like the stripes and badging? I want to paint my 71 Mach 1 but the striping is kind of iconic and when I paint the car its all gone.

Is there a way to change the color of a car and keep the original decals like the stripes and badging? I want to paint my 71 Mach 1 but the striping is kind of iconic and when I paint the car its all gone.
If I remember correctly, that wasn't possible in the GT Sport Livery Editor and it sounds to me like its a similar case in GT7. You can restore it to its factory appearance, however, by selecting the 'Restore Original Livery' option.

Unfortunately not, because changing the appearance in any way (including paint) will remove any livery applied.
I had the same problem or so I thought but you will not see any of your liveries or decals (unless the decals are yours that you uploaded) in your gallery or in showcase. When you go to the custom shop with the same car you had a shared livery you will find your liveries in the load livery section.
Ah, will have to check that out. None of my decals were showing either which I had uploaded so not sure if I have to do something or go somewhere specific. Will play around some more later when the kids go to bed.

You could ask over in the decal request thread for someone to recreate the body graphics. That way you can paint the car any colour you want and change the colour of the stripes too.

Guess you'll need to do what @zeptrans did and create multiple PSN profiles.

I've got two already, never really used the second one so I might have to look into that.

Last edited:
That's a great idea, I didn't even realize that was an option. I headed over to that thread and found a search and someone already made some decals. Now I just have to figure out how to get them onto the game.

Back