Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Nice to see a livery dedicated to him
I remember that miraculous save he did in 85, I drove a bike myself and was sure he would go down but he somehow saved it!
The one where he looked like he wanted to kiss his front wheel? San Marino, if I am correct. He never got a world championship, but earned it many times, in my opinion. Great racer, always loved seeing him race.

I borrowed a helmet livery of him, made by someone in GTS, but it had the wrong shade of red, wrong era and a visor banner. It annoyed me in the end, so I had to do one of my own. But that 'Randy' lettering....
Now it is complete. So much satisfaction 😄
Screen-Shot-2013-11-21-at-10.20.24-AM.png

Last edited:
It's mostly about the number of followers one has and how active one is in liking and sharing other people's content.

In order to get high numbers of likes for any particular item, it must be reposted by others - and people tend to repost content from people who have reposted theirs.

In order to make it into the 'popular users' category, you need to be creating new content daily and/or sharing/commenting on other people's content multiple times a day.

That said, the very best material can usually hold its own and gain traction simply by being really, really good - the top styles creators are not necessarily the most 'active' - they are genuinely brilliant, but they also tend to be very active and share other people's stuff as well, hence they attract high numbers of 'genuine' likes, shares and followers.
I’ll add: similar styles. I did four AE86 RM Styles March last year. Someone did a similar style end of last year. At the time, I had about 2 likes on each(two red and two yellow). When I reposted one of the yellow cars, it immediately jumped to about 500 Likes with not many reposts. When I look at it today, it’s got 1705 likes with 314 reposts. The other three Styles have 2 reposts each(one each by myself) and 4-6 likes for each.

Me personally, I repost more decals than anything. I understand the work that goes into the livery. Getting those decals are easy for some, but for players like me that request them, I have more of an appreciation to those that provide them.

However, it is a pet peeve of mine when players do the I liked your stuff. So, like my stuff.

I’ll add: similar styles. I did four AE86 RM Styles March last year. Someone did a similar style end of last year. At the time, I had about 2 likes on each(two red and two yellow). When I reposted one of the yellow cars, it immediately jumped to about 500 Likes with not many reposts. When I look at it today, it’s got 1705 likes with 314 reposts. The other three Styles have 2 reposts each(one each by myself) and 4-6 likes for each.

Me personally, I repost more decals than anything. I understand the work that goes into the livery. Getting those decals are easy for some, but for players like me that request them, I have more of an appreciation to those that provide them.

However, it is a pet peeve of mine when players do the I liked your stuff. So, like my stuff.
That one was probably featured, that is usually the reason for one livery to go wild.

That one was probably featured, that is usually the reason for one livery to go wild.
Ah, okay. As “Recommended”?

Edit:
Just had a quick look. Decided to actually click on the Selection options. Clicked ”Trending”. Scrolled down and saw one of the gtp members’(I think) photo of three 787B.
Any number of Likes and Reposts that determine Recommended and Trending?

Last edited:
I don't think getting likes is particularly complicated, though it does require a lot more participation and effort than it requires talent.

Everyday, make and share; eye-catching photos, useful decals, and decent styles for cars people like.

Share on as many platforms as you can (i.e. the showcase, GTPlannet, Twitter, reddit, discord, other gaming forums, other eSport forums)

Like, comment and repost as much as you can on the showcase. (with integrity, i.e. don't repost it, if it's ****).

Then just give it time.
Well I believe you, but now think the entire concept of how to get "likes" is dumb. I make a daily effort to avoid anything that requires me to be more involved in social media nonsense than I already am.

After posting only Hondas for what felt like an eternity (for someone who's not exactly a Honda fanboy...) I'm back with a more regular service!!

First up is my Zakspeed Jever AMG CLK-LM, based on the 911 GT1 of the same year - a bit of a "What if ...?" livery.

20829632615134312.jpg

20829278860392085.jpg

Then, inspired by a photo I saw and instantly fell in love with, I present Ryan Tuerck's GR Yaris Formula Drift machine turned into the Rain-X Toyota 86 Gr.4 (Tuerck).

20829764258581923.jpg

20829599920287561.jpg

Loads more pics and download links in my gallery (linked above).

Well I believe you, but now think the entire concept of how to get "likes" is dumb. I make a daily effort to avoid anything that requires me to be more involved in social media nonsense than I already am.

The solution is quite simple, PD needs to focus less on likes and shares and more on downloads/collected (and be able to sort on that).

I have been working on this replica for the few last days:

911 GT3 RS TEAM SEIKEL MOTORSPORT

Model :
Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01
Livery : SEIKEL MOTORSPORT - Rose Island
Style Link : https://bit.ly/911_GT3_RS_SEIKEL_MOTORSPORT

Reproduction of the Porsche of the SEIKEL MOTORSPORT team which won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2001 in the LM GT category and which made history by finishing in the sixth place in the overall classification (the best position ever obtained by a GT at Le Mans).
It was piloted by the Italian trio Gabrio Rosa, Fabio Babini, and Luca Drudi who knew how to tame the elements during this somewhat chaotic edition.

5.png

6.png
1.png

2.png

3.png

I have been working on this replica for the few last days:

911 GT3 RS TEAM SEIKEL MOTORSPORT

Model :
Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01
Livery : SEIKEL MOTORSPORT - Rose Island
Style Link : https://bit.ly/911_GT3_RS_SEIKEL_MOTORSPORT

Reproduction of the Porsche of the SEIKEL MOTORSPORT team which won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2001 in the LM GT category and which made history by finishing in the sixth place in the overall classification (the best position ever obtained by a GT at Le Mans).
It was piloted by the Italian trio Gabrio Rosa, Fabio Babini, and Luca Drudi who knew how to tame the elements during this somewhat chaotic edition.

View attachment 1242457
View attachment 1242458View attachment 1242460
View attachment 1242459
View attachment 1242461
Veh nice 👌

Back