Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does TC feel less intrusive or is it just me?
Honestly it was never that intrusive especially compared to GTS

@fortbo I have no clue why people think a Miata cannot spin because it has no horsepower…

I had the back of my si kick out me and I was doing around 45… I have driven with TC of on it before.. as soon as I hit the Cars stability control off the car felt like a whole different car. I wash shock and almost crap myself and only saved it because I think I played racing sims and I was not going to fast. My brother on their other hand…

I told him not to turn that button off ever that the car was just would spin on him if he wasn’t carful… long story shot on a light raining day coming off a ramp I get a call from him breathing as if Michael Meyers was chasing him… “ Bro I’m sorry I spun the car!” He said he hit the button came down a swooping turn and when he hit the brakes the rear just swung around.. he said he spun two times like a carnival ride! The car was total because the engine chain broke.

This is why I said I dont know how many in here have the guts to be driving as they do in GT7 or any sim racing game as they would do in RL let alone with all the electronic aids off!

@fortbo I have no clue why people think a Miata cannot spin because it has no horsepower…

This is why I said I dont know how many in here have the guts to be driving as they do in GT7 or any sim racing game as they would do in RL let alone with all the electronic aids off!
Especially on the road.....

I am struggling to run higher TCS off on rwd, but it's not too bad on the 72 or is it 73 csl. Definitely more manageable with tcs1 one on. Haven't tried mx5 yet. Just purchased the m4 when I last played briefly a few days ago and it was next to impossible to not spin/go off the track during a lap for the short time I played it with only abs enabled.

I have an m3 f80 cp with mps4s tyres irl, never tracked it and leave all aids on. I sometimes get back snapping out slightly when driving in straightish line in 3rd. I definitely wouldn't want to be turning the aids off irl, that's for sure, I imagine it would be a raging beast to try and control properly if I did. TCS and it has some form of stability mgmt aid.

But I'm not a remotely pro level driver in game or irl.

Last edited:

I had the back of my si kick out me and I was doing around 45… I have driven with TC of on it before.. as soon as I hit the Cars stability control off the car felt like a whole different car. I wash shock and almost crap myself and only saved it because I think I played racing sims and I was not going to fast. My brother on their other hand…

I told him not to turn that button off ever that the car was just would spin on him if he wasn’t carful… long story shot on a light raining day coming off a ramp I get a call from him breathing as if Michael Meyers was chasing him… “ Bro I’m sorry I spun the car!” He said he hit the button came down a swooping turn and when he hit the brakes the rear just swung around.. he said he spun two times like a carnival ride! The car was total because the engine chain broke.

I'll add on to this. I have a 4th gen Camaro Z28 with big tires...275/40/17 in front, and 315/35/17 out back, and some suspension bits (kyb agx shocks & struts/tubular adj bars in rear/strut twr bar/etc). I was using Nitto NT05 Extreme Performance tires...maybe 1 or 2 clicks down from R-comps. Car has no aids at all. I was doing an autox at Fed Ex stadium here in Maryland, and there was a slalom section on our layout that day. I went in a bit too aggressive, causing the weight of the car to start transferring back and forth, and ended up spinning....all at less than 60mph...and the spin was intense as well...ended up with a bruised @$$ cheek since I landed up on the center console. Many here would be surprised at how easy it is to put a performance car into a spin much less a normal car. With that said, there is alot more of our senses at our disposal in a real car to counter this. Even if GT7 is closer to reality (not perfect), we are limited in our senses to correct...our sense of speed, feel, sounds, etc. That's why I believe most Sims compensate this with added grip levels to offset the absence of senses being afforded. There's my 2 cents. Enjoying the drive on GT7 regardless and would expect it to get dialed in a little bit more....just hoping they don't go too far and into too grippy/easy.

Last edited:
That C63AMG license test and the M3 in the wet were ridiculous with the oversteer once you step beyond the limits of traction.

I expect these challenges to be difficult, but I've changed my mind a little bit much like Scaff has, once traction is lost, it's over, you can't ride it out on the throttle to keep it pointing right, you have to lift or simply get ready to cry.

They have made strives in the engine otherwise that I am glad, and it's still a net positive experience for me, but it's a little bit ridiculous.

Last edited:
That C63AMG license test and the M3 in the wet were ridiculous with the oversteer once you step beyond the limits of traction.

I expect these challenges to be difficult, but I've changed my mind a little bit much like Scaff has, once traction is lost, it's over, you can't ride it out on the throttle to keep it pointing right, you have to lift or simply get ready to cry.

They have made strives in the engine otherwise that I am glad, and it's still a net positive experience for me, but it's a little bit ridiculous.
Did you use TCS?

Compared to GT Sport, I would honestly say that the rally physics of GT7 can be quite scary, hitting a few bumps and humps on the road could lead to a sudden loss of control, or worse, flipping the car over entirely.

Compared to GT Sport, I would honestly say that the rally physics of GT7 can be quite scary, hitting a few bumps and humps on the road could lead to a sudden loss of control, or worse, flipping the car over entirely.
Did you try it after update? They fixed it.

I’ve been using a mildly modified Radical at the moment and it’s MR and with about 370hp but only weighs 775kg so the power to weight as knocking on Veyron territory.

The grip and handling are amazing imagine LMP grip but Gr. 4 beating pace….

Well worth trying and doesn’t suffer the traction loss like some cars. And with racing brakes you literally brake at the 50m board…

That sounds like real life rally… ;)

Serves the purpose of these Group B/rallycross cars right, I guess.
Nah not like it was before bro that was crazy I would agree with you.. they tamed it down. The problem now is one of the mission the rally car has hard tires!🤭

The 997 I picked from the UCD just made it under 600pp with upgraded tires! It’s a handful though and the way the turns always gets me at first because they don’t need that much steering input it’s so easy to over steer these things… In the 991 you don’t get that sensation that much. I can just imagine how the 996 handles..

Im getting dusted in the world touring car championship 600 though… I keep taking fourth ughhh

Last edited:
What I am saying is take the average person put them in a powerful car they never have driven to the limits with no electronic what do you think is going to happen? Everyone saying oh I drive this I did this, that’s fine besides you and a other few members who ACTUALLY Raced cars majority of us on this conversation would never take off the electronic aids on a 500hp let alone drive the way we do In GT7. Me personally I don’t have trouble catching slides or getting the car back in shape when going over the limit, but what I’m saying, I don’t think that’s far fetched at all, catching the cars once they hit their limit in AC is just as hard probably harder in my opinion and that’s with even better feedback.
30 years ago, the only electronic aids on the type of cars I was buying was the wipers and lights.

30 years ago, the only electronic aids on the type of cars I was buying was the wipers and lights.
My favorite car right now is the 911 930 turbo.. it wasn’t called the widow maker for obvious reason! But I guess if that spins out while your driving the game is broke…

My question to the people who have track experience and who have pushed cars to the limit… when does going over the limit and not catching become acceptable in your eyes? From everyone perspective we all should be Platinum Drivers and never spin out a car, or always catch them when they get outta wack! That was the worst part of GTS to me.. It was like every car I could master and drive like I was race car driver, then i would switch to AC with a much less powerful car and spin out, go off track, really have to concentrate to get a clean fast lap.. and this is with TCS on.. AC has a setting called factory which gives you the cars real driving aids it’s awesome, but yeah when does that line cross because every driving doesn’t have the same skill.

I am no alien or top driver and I am having no problem controlling small slides or catching the car sometimes when it gets outta wack, however when I push to hard and spin out or go off track I understand it’s my driving technique not a broken physics engine.

Last edited:
Finally getting to drive after the update, although this isn’t related to the update.

I’ve noticed what I think I have a minor problem with and that to work for controllers the cars coast at a more consistent speed but largely in real life you would get a lot more engine braking, which I think is one of the things I’m going to have to adjust to when I under steer at slow speed, the engine braking isn’t what I’m used to and hence the slower deceleration and return of grip.

Need to experiment to see if that is a thing I need to factor in to my driving.

My favorite car right now is the 911 930 turbo.. or was called the widow maker for obvious reason! But I guess if that spins out while your driving the game is broke…

My question to the people who have track experience and who have pushed cars to the limit… when does going over the limit and not catching become acceptable in your eyes? From everyone perspective we all should be Platinum Drivers and never spin out a car, or always catching them when they get outta wack! That was the worst part of GTS to me.. It was like every car I could master and drive like I was race car driver, then i would switch to AC with a much less powerful car and spin out, go off track, really have to concentrate to get a clean fast lap.. and this is with TCS on.. AC has a setting called factory which gives you the cars real driving aids it’s awesome, but yeah when does that line cross because every driving doesn’t have the same skill.

I am no alien or top driver and I am having no problem controlling small slides or catching the car when it gets outta wack, however when I push to hard and spin out or go off track I understand it’s my driving technique not a broken physics engine.
As the famous quote goes “his ambition outweighed his talent”

Not every slide either power oversteer or lift off over steer is catchable, dab of oppo catches small ones but larger faster ones require a lot of multiple inputs and it helps if you can actually look where you want to go, which you can’t easily in GT or most games to be fair.

Even the most practiced and skilled drivers can’t catch all of them, and unless you are deliberately doing them the speed and reaction time/correction inputs have a very small window.

If you watch some of the Fifth Gear episodes on YouTube or Dave, when they do the car showdowns even Tiff Needle and Jason Plato spin the cars while trying to drift them. Chris Harris has a few vids as well with some cars being crazy on the limit.

Even TopGear Clarkson et al spin them when messing about on test track.

Last edited:
Finally getting to drive after the update, although this isn’t related to the update.

I’ve noticed what I think I have a minor problem with and that to work for controllers the cars coast at a more consistent speed but largely in real life you would get a lot more engine braking, which I think is one of the things I’m going to have to adjust to when I under steer at slow speed, the engine braking isn’t what I’m used to and hence the slower deceleration and return of grip.

Need to experiment to see if that is a thing I need to factor in to my driving.
I’ve noticed this, cars seem to plow on a bit mid corner more than my brain tells me it should. I even checked to see if it was my throttle pedal stuck/still slightly engaged when my foot is off.

As to the reasoning I don’t know but I can’t use engine braking to slow down and rotate the car the way I’d really like to.

I’ve noticed this, cars seem to plow on a bit mid corner more than my brain tells me it should. I even checked to see if it was my throttle pedal stuck/still slightly engaged when my foot is off.

As to the reasoning I don’t know but I can’t use engine braking to slow down and rotate the car the way I’d really like to.
I know, and agree.

I’m not sure if it’s me as it’s hard to physically reconcile the distance you travel on the tv to that scaled up to the real world so gonna be aware of it more and see if improves my approach to the game.

Trail braking also doesn't work as it should.

If you look at all the current issues with the physics, they all seem to point towards something related to how damper rebound is being simulated.

:DMy first few cars had wind down/up windows and my first car a MK1 Golf refused to start every time you filled it up with petrol…my then GF now wife LOVED that, when I asked her to get out and push…
If only everything was as reliable as a Volkswagen.:D

My old Mini used to make me laugh with its manual tennis ball pump on the floor that you had to stamp on to squirt the windows.:lol:

But the demos are done by real people setting the times….and then the in house QA team had to be able to repeat it over and over again.
I didn't imply they were recorded by a bot. Like with the Lewis Hamilton TT DLC in GT Sport the ghost seems to run on another version of the physics engine.
Could you also call it a shame that some people are having trouble with cars, so the game has to be broken? I had crazy amount of trouble going from GTS to AC.. I couldn’t get a single clean fast lap done for sometime, I wonder if I went on the AC forums after not even a week of game play and said the game is broken because I can drive better in GTS. It would not be good.😂

Also I am not for telling anyone they stink the physics are fine you just need to get better attitude.. I had major problems in the beginning and even now on highpowerd cars I use TCS. I just got the LaFerrari and I would never take TCS off on that thing.. not until i get better at least. The physics that people seemed to be called broken is going way over the top in my opinion.
I have seriously no idea what you're talking about - maybe you clicked on the wrong post when answering, or something. Nowhere have I said the game is broken or that I can't control the cars. I was talking about the in-game ghost on the Circuit Experience mode - just like the member I quoted was.

And about you "not telling people they stink." Well, it's certainly not how it comes across to me.

Not sure if it is the update or just better cars but the E92 M3 with TC1 or TC2 is quite fun, the sound is fantastic. It still tries to kill you but it seems more manageable and that is on SH rubber.

O/T but in bumper cam the way the mirror works is odd…IRL mirrors say “objects appear closer than they are”

But the GT rear view mirror is the other way round, cars look further away than they are!!!

I know, and agree.

I’m not sure if it’s me as it’s hard to physically reconcile the distance you travel on the tv to that scaled up to the real world so gonna be aware of it more and see if improves my approach to the game.
I think all is fine in this regard if you execute a corner perfectly…get the car slowed down to the correct speed before turn in, hit the apex at the correct speed and back on throttle etc.

But if you go in a bit hot…say when overtaking, off the racing line, a little bit too much speed perhaps and it’s hard to delicately scrub off speed with a bit of engine braking and a light dab of brakes to get the car rotated mid corner. Small detail but that’s the scenario I notice it in more obviously.

I think all is fine in this regard if you execute a corner perfectly…get the car slowed down to the correct speed before turn in, hit the apex at the correct speed and back on throttle etc.

But if you go in a bit hot…say when overtaking, off the racing line, a little bit too much speed perhaps and it’s hard to delicately scrub off speed with a bit of engine braking and a light dab of brakes to get the car rotated mid corner. Small detail but that’s the scenario I notice it in more obviously.
That is the exact scenarios I have issue with, I have more mid corner speed so move off line for a deeper apex to block pass/square the corner off but engine braking doesn’t feel like it’s there and there is no ability to ride the brake as even a brush loads the front up to the bump stop pushing wide.

I didn't imply they were recorded by a bot. Like with the Lewis Hamilton TT DLC in GT Sport the ghost seems to run on another version of the physics engine.

I have seriously no idea what you're talking about - maybe you clicked on the wrong post when answering, or something. Nowhere have I said the game is broken or that I can't control the cars. I was talking about the in-game ghost on the Circuit Experience mode - just like the member I quoted was.

And about you "not telling people they stink." Well, it's certainly not how it comes across to me.
I am truly an Ass I am sorry I have no clue why i quoted you. I am sorry!🙏

I wasn’t implying they were done by a bot I was pointing out that up until a few weeks ago the QA testers would have to be achieving the times or better on the final physics engine, it is possible the demo was done on an earlier version but that doesn’t matter if you can beat the times in this version.

Although there was a bug where even the bronze wasn’t achievable in something but I can’t remember which event.

Back