Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is one of the most stupid threads I've ever seen on the internet. Doesn't anyone listen?

5/1 in-game FFB, 100% in the wheel, and don't turn past the point where you start sliding, where the FFB becomes smooth/dead. How ****ing hard is it? Stay within the boundaries where the FFB feels lively/bumpy/harsh!

You're all steering too much and then pin the throttle - of course you're spinning out! What did you expect?!

I have zero issues in this game without assists. And I'm far from alone. It's great in every way with every car in all circumstances. Just ****ing listen and try it out before you waste hours here whining and comforting each other like some stupid support group, for a problem that doesn't even exist.
Somebody spit in your cereal this morning?

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody spit in your cereal this morning?

I'm mad because so many people are missing out on a great experience, only because of a misconception or unwillingness to listen, try, learn and practice. I want as many people in the game as possible, being as fast as they possibly can be, for the best possible competition.

And if you really for some reason still can't handle it, there a lot of assist features you can use!

If someone really is humble, is having issues and wants to learn and practice, and wants me to help out, please add me.

And yes, some Youtubers get this wrong too. They use ****** settings, drive like it's GTS/Forza, and then go like "oh, a DD wheel is not worth it for this simcade".

This is one of the most stupid threads I've ever seen on the internet. Doesn't anyone listen?

5/1 in-game FFB, 100% in the wheel, and don't turn past the point where you start sliding, where the FFB becomes smooth/dead. How ****ing hard is it? Stay within the boundaries where the FFB feels lively/bumpy/harsh!

You're all steering too much and then pin the throttle - of course you're spinning out! What did you expect?!

I have zero issues in this game without assists. And I'm far from alone. It's great in every way with every car in all circumstances. Just ****ing listen and try it out before you waste hours here whining and comforting each other like some stupid support group, for a problem that doesn't even exist.
Hey, I’m glad you’re having fun. I have zero issues playing Burnout games and I’m far from alone. It’s great in every way and it’s fun too :)

And it doesn’t say anything about how realistic it is, does it?

I'm mad because so many people are missing out on a great experience, only because of a misconception or unwillingness to listen, try, learn and practice. I want as many people in the game as possible, being as fast as they possibly can be, for the best possible competition.

And if you really for some reason still can't handle it, there a lot of assist features you can use!

If someone really is humble, is having issues and wants to learn and practice, and wants me to help out, please add me.

And yes, some Youtubers get this wrong too. They use ****** settings, drive like it's GTS/Forza, and then go like "oh, a DD wheel is not worth it for this simcade".
Wow. Most of the game experience is very good. The grip and slip physics are wrong, not peoples driving, not their setups, not their assist settings, the physics.

It seems as though you're the one who needs to be a bit more humble. And less sweary.

The physics in this game are terrible. It’s so disappointing that it’s still carried over all the flaws from the previous iterations.

No real ability to trail brake.
The car just wanting to slide off the road suddenly for no reason at 130mph
The snap oversteer is ridiculous.

The cars drive nothing like those in real life.

I have a 700hp TTRS, 172 cup and AMG GTR. I use them exclusively for track driving. Brands hatch, spa francorchamps, Silverstone, Nurburgring. I do sub 8 laps at the Nurburgring in the TTRS, reaching speeds upto 170mph.

If driving in real life was anything like GT7 I would have been dead a long time ago.

Specifically even the AMG GTR, in real life you can throw that car around, drive like a real hooligan and the car just responds to the input like a go kart. The grip is phenomenal.

GT7 is messed up.

Back to assetto corsa competizione

Odd indeed, cars don't just crash at high speeds or whatever:

True, RWD physics are completely broken, just look at the totally unrealistic behavior of the BMWs throughout this entire video:

Cars shouldn't get loose at 60kmh like that!

Have you driven at the Nurburgring? It can be down to anything. Bad suspension, bad tyres, wrongly inflated, dropped coolant, cold tyres. It can happen but your argument is weak

The irony of this comment is great.

It's great in every way with every car in all circumstances. Just ****ing listen and try it out before you waste hours here whining and comforting each other like some stupid support group, for a problem that doesn't even exist.

Not sure if serious.

I see just a lot of biased people, who are afraid that their favorite game (AC) could be beat by gt... So they keep talking about some bull****s.
Ac isn't the benchmark of reality, and gt7 do overall a better job to simulate reality. Expeccialy about weight transfer and the needing to keep balanced the car without abuse steering, brake and throttle.
Maybe is a little too much punitive when the grip is lost, but this does not make Ac a better sim

I gave Le Mans track experience S5 a shot with TCS, ASM and CSA on strong after not getting anywhere. The 908 still spins out, still can't replicate the demonstration, still have to slow down. CSA is broken as well though, people that use that complain about a lot of car not steering at at all.

If it's not broken, at least don't put up fake demonstration videos that don't work in the game.

It's far from all bad, I'm using the Lexus RC F for most events and that one is very manageable. It's different from GT Sport though. No sure why, but it has a shorter braking distance in GT7. No matter the track, I always find I brake too early now. It's most dramatic on Monza, I can brake far far later than in GT Sport. Also more grip over kerbs and stepping outside the track. The ride feels smoothed out, less active than in GT Sport. However it does have a tendency to snap oversteer where it doesn't in GT Sport. It's not as satisfying to go slow in fast out, what works very well in GT Sport turned into slow in, back steps out.

I got used to it and single player AI is easy to beat anyway. Yet the long term goal is sport mode and there it's going to be a mess with cars breaking out at every corner exit. I drive with TCS btw.

In the rain it all feels so binary. Rain gauge hits the next segment that's not supported by your current tires, instant complete traction loss. It's an on/off switch, very gamey. Always stay under the limit is what GT7 tells me. Don't push to the edge. Fine for single player, but not as fun as racing in GT Sport.

I see just a lot of biased people, who are afraid that their favorite game (AC) could be beat by gt... So they keep talking about some bull****s.
Ac isn't the benchmark of reality, and gt7 do overall a better job to simulate reality. Expeccialy about weight transfer and the needing to keep balanced the car without abuse steering, brake and throttle.
Maybe is a little too much punitive when the grip is lost, but this does not make Ac a better sim
You do realize you’re on GTplanet, right?

Mostly mountains out of a molehill in here. Obviously it's not perfect. Some experts have noted issues. But then a bunch of wannabe experts pile on just to prove how good they are or something.

It can be tweaked. Some experts are just asking for it to be tweaked. But the wannabe experts are calling the whole game trash, threatening ...never to buy the game again or whatever.

Critisism can be informative. Drama queens are exhasting. The drama queens seem to think they can be drama queens because they share an opinion with some experts.

Don't be a drama queen. There's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

There are plenty of people in this thread who are better and faster than you that think the physics aren’t right.

Get it through your skull, it’s not that other people can’t drive, it’s that they think there are problems, even though they’re quick.

Pull your head in and stop assuming you know better than everyone else.

I just find it strange all the folks who are having trouble… only one person in the beginning posted his lap time which I give him props for that but even watching his laps you could see his throttle inputs and steering was a little messed up and that’s fine we are all trying to get faster and better. I’m sorry but after a week on the game I’m starting to downgrade some of the stock cars tires because it’s just to much grip. This spinning out stuff it’s just not happening to me unless I’m over pushing the car..

I would like for anyone having trouble or says the physics are soooooooo bad post your lap so we can see…

Yet the long term goal is sport mode and there it's going to be a mess with cars breaking out at every corner exit. I drive with TCS btw.

Not really, not on high A or A+, even without assists. From my experience, people drive better than in GTS, already, and with less collisions. The racing lines are more dynamic however, which makes it much more fun.

ACC and GT7 go together nicely.

I enjoy the fun that GT7 offers, and then fire up ACC for the immersive realism factor.

Console racers have the best of both worlds.
The problem is GT7 is not much fun currently. At least for me the cars behave very strangely. Interesting is it's not mostly about FR to me but everything is a bit weird. Much better than arcadey GTS but still very strange. But as you say, GT was always easy game for pads... which is not currently. I like this special physics but it's not the best for racing with completely bad AI.

You do realize you’re on GTplanet, right?
Yes and it is embarrassing see people who prefer Gts physics. A game where when you lock all your steer into a corner with a mr/fr car with 500/600/700 hp, without tcs, full throttle and you understeer like a powerful ff car.
Gt7 is a big step ahead Gts (that had a embarrassing phsyics) and now can compete with Ac. Overall do a better job in my opinion, but I agree that the snap oversteer is a Lil exaggerated (not much as many are saying)

Yes and it is embarrassing see people who prefer Gts physics. A game where when you lock all your steer into a corner with a mr/fr car with 500/600/700 hp, without tcs, full throttle and you understeer like a powerful ff car.
Gt7 is a big step ahead Gts (that had a embarrassing phsyics) and now can compete with Ac. Overall do a better job in my opinion, but I agree that the snap oversteer is a Lil exaggerated (not much as many are saying)
Completely agree with you.. and AC is still harder than GT7 because it’s less forgiving in my option especially when you take off all the electronic aids.

Last edited:
Not really, not on high A or A+, even without assists. From my experience, people drive better than in GTS, already, and with less collisions. The racing lines are more dynamic however, which makes it much more fun.
Oh that again, it works for A+ so it's not a problem :lol: We don't need penalties either cause A+ don't need them.

From my experience sport mode was a total **** show in GT7. Not touching that again until BoP comes back. I'll be having fun on Mount Panorama next week in GT Sport. I find GT7 not all that fun with a controller. GT was always great with a controller and GT7 seems to have abandoned that goal.

Last edited:
Completely agree with you.. and I AC is still harder than GT7 because it’s less forgiving in my option especially when you take off all the electronic aids.
I don't use any electronics and road cars in AC are much more consistent. I know exactly when I do something bad. In GT7 I just react to the situation I don't understand. Not bad for console game but hardly near AC.

I don't use any electronics and road cars in AC are much more consistent. I know exactly when I do something bad. In GT7 I just react to the situation I don't understand. Not bad for console game but hardly near AC.
I play AC on console you play On CPU? Aren’t they different?

Then your previous post kinda doesn't make sense. I'm a GT fan and I think ACC is a better sim and at the same time, there's many other sims better than ACC.

Completely agree with you.. and I AC is still harder than GT7 because it’s less forgiving in my option especially when you take off all the electronic aids.
I don't think ac is harder, but is really subjective. I took my favorite car, ferrari 458 Italia, keep it with stock tires (sport hard) and trying do some laps at laguna seca. I did the same on ac. I am not really fast. I did anyways about the same hotlap (1.39.08 on gt7 and 1.39.135 or something on ac). I drived both with g923 without tcs and esp. Just abs.
In my opinion is easier keep control the Ferrari when lost grip on ac, but I find harder to understand how to be faster. On gt I learn better where I did mistakes and I find more easy improve my laps.

Both games are amazing to drive anyways

ACC and GT7 go together nicely.

I enjoy the fun that GT7 offers, and then fire up ACC for the immersive realism factor.

Console racers have the best of both worlds.
Agreed this is what I’m hoping for. When I don’t want to jump into the rig and up my concentration levels to the max, to be able to pump in consistent laps on ACC, I will pull out GT7 for some more casual fun.

GT7 physics just need some tweaks with its car behaviour and it could be great fun.

I play AC on console you play On CPU? Aren’t they different?
Depends, I have a bit strange setup. I have all games everywhere but last tests really were on a PC because of framerate (240 vs. 60). I think console version probably don't have last patches but the base should be very similar.

Then your previous post kinda doesn't make sense. I'm a GT fan and I think ACC is a better sim and at the same time, there's many other sims better than ACC.
I don't think all people here like gt. I am sure that "darealpoverty" and others are just trolls.
And yes, agree that acc is overall a better sim. But ac I don't agree. Acc is a big step ahead in comparison to ac.
But they have just to simulate 15-20 cars too

I don't think ac is harder, but is really subjective. I took my favorite car, ferrari 458 Italia, keep it with stock tires (sport hard) and trying do some laps at laguna seca. I did the same on ac. I am not really fast. I did anyways about the same hotlap (1.39.08 on gt7 and 1.39.135 or something on ac). I drived both with g923 without tcs and esp. Just abs.
In my opinion is easier keep control the Ferrari when lost grip on ac, but I find harder to understand how to be faster. On gt I learn better where I did mistakes and I find more easy improve my laps.

Both games are amazing to drive anyways
Exactly what you said.. I can feel the cars better in AC is just harder for me to push on the limit in AC vs GT7… I feel like once I loose the car In AC I just can’t catch it.. vs GT7 the road feel is not as good as AC but I can feel the cars weight and cars a lot better thus helping me feel for the car better.

Some cars are a bit messed up but improve dramatically with some pretty minor adjustments, I think it's a tuning issue rather than physics.

Just a a bit of time on my wheel….using the ironing board…not the ideal set up and the margins are really tight with the RWD cars when you are trying to recover from power oversteer. I can’t say if it’s broken but it really it’s more like skid pan levels of saving required.

Honestly it’s hard to tell with my makeshift set up until I can have my permanent one back but, it feels like what happens in real life but I think my ability to use the gaming stuff might be more of the issue for me personally as I can’t feel that slip that telegraphs the start of traction going to me.

There are a couple of “style it out” moments I’d expect in a real car, but I mostly end up at the moment with tank slappers that result in spinning or hitting the wall hard! Again my temp rig set up isn’t great and only just got to do a few hours with my wheel so defo need practice!

I forgot about new camera, I still didn't get what it simulates. It's much harder to control the car with this new camera. So partly it could be me because my camera move weirdly.

Back