Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I assume the current Physics is the best for online racing simple calculation but improved on netcode

Being realistic == too much calculation == introduce netcode issues

GT Sport should be in simcade genre, not too hard, but not too easy
Iracing and other full simulators have complex physics but still don't have netcode problems, i don't think that is an issue for online racing

Last edited:
Physics could be better. But completely missing the point if you point out ACC and GTR3 as a reference point.

There's a reason PD markets GTSport as 7 to 77, a game for all ages and backgrounds to play. Also there's a reason other developer like Codemasters splits Dirt series into two, one simcade and one full sim.

So the only thing to fulfill OP request is to make 2 games like Dirt series, which is considering how PD work, would be a huge waste of time and resources with no guarantee of success.

I would agree with this:
To hell with the physics, get the damn penalty system, FIA points system and the draft right this time PD! :mad:

It will certainly be a decisive step forward.
If we consider that they are now partners with Michelin who will provide them with all their data regarding the physics of tires.
Then let's not forget that we will also have the physical calculation of the surface of the tracks that was omitted on GTS because on ps4 it was not feasible due to the little computing power.
GT ps5 will truly be something special at 360 °.

It will certainly be a decisive step forward.
If we consider that they are now partners with Michelin who will provide them with all their data regarding the physics of tires.
Then let's not forget that we will also have the physical calculation of the surface of the tracks that was omitted on GTS because on ps4 it was not feasible due to the little computing power.
GT ps5 will truly be something special at 360 °.
I hope so

IMO, it should be the complete opposite. Leave the hardcore sim to ACC and GTR3, and put emphasis on fun physics. For example, drifting used to be fun in GT6 but I have no feeling in GTSport.
What do you mean with fun physics?....To me a fun game is one with realistic physics and good ffb that's why i buy GT and not NFS or Mario Cart.
Futhermore GT is labelled as "The Real Driving Simulator" ,when people go to by it they expect a realistic driving model not an half assed arcade game i think

Last edited:
More realistic physics would be nice and expected, but I don't see the need to have the game compete with games like ACC or iRacing in terms of realism. GT, now matter the slogans and marketting, has never aimed to be a full on racing sim. It's always had dulled down physics to appeal to a wider audience and be more of a casual game that you could play pretty easily with a controller. I feel like if PD were to try and compete with the big boi sims they'd just be alienating some of their audience, in a way. They'd probably lose some revenue as well.

It's gonna be better than GTS, but never in a million years it will be on the level of iRacing/rFactor/ACC/RRRE. Complete realism has never been PD's goal, despite the game's slogan. And honestly, over the years I've learned to be OK with that because GT also does a lot of other things better than the hardcore sims. Just need to improve the FFB (and partner Fanatec instead of Failmaster), improve the tyre's longitudinal grip and account for underbody downforce. That will solve a lot of the weird physics issues with the game currently. Also make the default setup for each car reasonable. No more ARB 7/4 and +0.60 rear toe for all cars.

As others have said, I'd rather they focus on the competition aspects: BOP, more balanced cars/tracks, penalty, draft, points system, etc.

Physics are good enough already, what needs to be done is to put campaign mode online so we aren't stuck with three crappy races for a week.

Physics are good enough already, what needs to be done is to put campaign mode online so we aren't stuck with three crappy races for a week.
Do you play these games on wheel? If so, have you ever tried something like AC on a wheel? I’m just very confused how anyone can say GT’s physics are good enough when they are an entire console generation behnd. Even Forza Motorsport does tire physics better!

Do you play these games on wheel? If so, have you ever tried something like AC on a wheel? I’m just very confused how anyone can say GT’s physics are good enough when they are an entire console generation behnd. Even Forza Motorsport does tire physics better!
I know that GT need a lot of work in that departament but i don't think it has worse tire physics than forza cmon :lol:

Last edited:
Well then you should know that they based their current tire model on info they got from Pirelli. They also offer a lot more tuning options and info than GT does.
If they have the data from Pirelli i don't know why almost every car it is so slidy on that game,even GT3 cars slide like their on ice. Ffb is also complete **** and that is related with the tire model...But that's OT,let's not turn this on a GT vs Forza thread

Last edited:
Back