Gran Turismo 7 PS5 and T500RS will it work?

• Thread starter Hoolz14
  • 166 comments
Hoolz14
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.
I could not find another topic about this, so i made one.

Kind regards :)

Edit:

T500RS works on PS4 Version, but not on the PS5 version.

Last edited:
T500RS it is Gran Turismo 7 compatible. In a streamer live video i spotted the T500RS in the controllers menu.
t500rsgt7.png

I can confirm that T500RS does NOT work on GT7 PS5 version on PS5.

Later today I will see if the T500RS works on the PS4 version of the game on a PS5.

I will also confirm whether or not in-game progress/save data etc is interchangeable back and forward between PS4 and PS5 versions.
The idea of this is that I have already progressed some way through the PS5 version on a controller, so I'd like that to transfer BACKWARD to PS4 version so I can play with T500RS; then down the road switch to PS5+new wheel.

Some issues with drivehub? Like random disconnect or anything else?
I noticed a few issues whilst the DualSense was connected. After switching off the DualSense and starting GT7 using the Wheel, there have been no issues with the Drive Hub, (excluding the grinding noise from the Wheel when turning corners sharply).

Last edited:
So... Tested it.. Ps5, gt7, t500, hola controller and drivehub. It works. You should use the hola controller because it doesn't disconnect after 10 minutes. According to other people, it also works with a ds4 controller if you switch off the Bluetooth of the controller in the settings and set it to wired. I also tested Ds4 and had a disconnect after 10 minutes without the settings above. Ps5 Controller dont work. Sorry for Bad english
It really works

Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). Now i have bought a F-GT Lite which comes next month, but im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.
I could not find another topic about this, so i made one.

Kind regards :)
Every steering wheel officially supported by PS4 will also be officially supported by PS5.

T500RS it is Gran Turismo 7 compatible. In a streamer live video i spotted the T500RS in the controllers menu. View attachment 1119570
Hi, aixonoterre.

Unfortunately the guy from the video is using PS4.
T500 RS works on PS4 version of GT7 game. It is not supported on GT7 PS5 version, though :irked:
I believe it will even work on the PS4 version of GT7 running from a PS5 console as it works on GT Sport (PS4 only) from PS5 (my experience).

It has nothing to do with not being compatible. I believe this is all about the cost of licensing the T500RS with Sony for PS5. :(

I have just tried the TS500RS on the PS5/GT7 with the following results.

TS500RS and Drive Hub working with GT7 (PS5 version) on the PS5.

TS500RS working with GT7 (PS4 version) on the PS5.

The Wheel feels similar in both scenarios, I did notice some kind of grinding noise from the Wheel when turning corners sharply whilst the Drive Hub was connected.

* The T500 RS can't works on PS5 Games versions (and it's the same for all PS5 games versions)
= the T500 RS is not compatible on GT7 PS5 version

* The T500 RS works fine on the PlayStation 5 console but only with PS4 Games versions
= the T500 RS is compatible on GT7 PS4 Game version (even on a PlayStation 5 console)
NB: In GT7, the T500 RS does not work if a TH8A Shifter is also connected to the PS4 console

Full details here in GAMES SETTINGS: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/

Last edited:
I have just tried the TS500RS on the PS5/GT7 with the following results.

TS500RS and Drive Hub working with GT7 (PS5 version) on the PS5.

TS500RS working with GT7 (PS4 version) on the PS5.

The Wheel feels similar in both scenarios, I did notice some kind of grinding noise from the Wheel when turning corners sharply whilst the Drive Hub was connected.
Confirmed TH8A in sequential mode working well, plugged into the back of the Drive Hub. (GT7/PS5/TS500RS).

Last edited:
Confirmed TH8A in sequential mode working well, plugged into the back of the Drive Hub. (GT7/PS5/TS500RS).
I ordered a Drive Hub (and Hori Mini pad) after reading the initial reports that the T500 doesn't work on the PS5 version. I received it already and can confirm that it is working! My TH8A shifter works when plugged into the Drive Hub also, although the clutch doesn't seem to work. I'll have to look into this further, but that's a minor issue at this point.

Thanks for the information everyone!
Just to confirm with both of you -- you got a Thrustmaster T500RS working on Gran Turismo 7 on a Playstation 5 using a Drive Hub?

@fishfash -- with "sequential mode", do you need to use the clutch? @reiji said his clutch isn't working. I lost my "sequential cap" (unless it's in my box in storage), so I can only use the H-pattern shift mode.

All this being said, I don't use the shifter much... and if the two of you can confirm that the wheel and pedals work with GT7 on a PS5 using a Drive Hub and a Hori mini pad, I'll order one now.

Last question(s) -- I assume the force feedback still feels the same? And if you want to do button swaps to it, what do I select in the Gran Turismo options/controller settings?

My solution for now is playing the PS4 version with the T500RS wheel, and when I want to play with the controller I'm switching over to the PS5 version.

The PS4 graphics isn't that big of a difference and doesn't bother me.

Game progress does carry over when playing on each version.

Keep in mind that Playstation trophies does not sync. Each version of the game gets it own list of trophies.

Usually when you can't find a topic it's because it wasnt discussed. Which is the case here. We have no idea what wheel will be supported except for the GT DD Pro.

Every steering wheel officially supported by PS4 will also be officially supported by PS5.

T500 currently can't be used to play PS5 games, just the PS4 version of the game can be played on PS5. So I think that GT7 won't be the exception. We have to ask Thrustmaster to pay the PS5 license for the T500 so we can be able to play PS5 version of any new racing game.

T500 currently can't be used to play PS5 games
That's because it's not officially supported by PS4, so it's not officially supported by PS5 either.

It works in some games because the games themselves support it, but it's not natively supported on either platform. It was natively supported on PS3.

Any news there? Maybe polyphony digital will provide any details?

Have t500rs and going to buy both - GT7 and some PS - if it will not work at PS5 - will buy PS4 as I need it only for GT7 for now...

For not PS4/5 licensed wheels, you can buy an adapter, which simulates that your T500, Fanatec GT3RS, etc. is a PS4 compatible wheel. Maybe lacks in details, but still better than nothing i guess.

I just got my copy from Amazon today. I immediately popped the disc in and updated the game. Hooked up my T500 RS and no workie. Does not work in the game, looks like I may have to get rid of it. 😞
Man, that sucks! Thanks for letting us know.

Back