Gran Turismo 7 PS5 and T500RS will it work?

• Thread starter Hoolz14
  • 166 comments
Hoolz14
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.
I could not find another topic about this, so i made one.

Kind regards :)

Edit:

T500RS works on PS4 Version, but not on the PS5 version.

Last edited:
Usually when you can't find a topic it's because it wasnt discussed. Which is the case here. We have no idea what wheel will be supported except for the GT DD Pro.

Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). Now i have bought a F-GT Lite which comes next month, but im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.

Every steering wheel officially supported by PS4 will also be officially supported by PS5.

Every steering wheel officially supported by PS4 will also be officially supported by PS5.

T500 currently can't be used to play PS5 games, just the PS4 version of the game can be played on PS5. So I think that GT7 won't be the exception. We have to ask Thrustmaster to pay the PS5 license for the T500 so we can be able to play PS5 version of any new racing game.

T500 currently can't be used to play PS5 games
That's because it's not officially supported by PS4, so it's not officially supported by PS5 either.

It works in some games because the games themselves support it, but it's not natively supported on either platform. It was natively supported on PS3.

Any news there? Maybe polyphony digital will provide any details?

Have t500rs and going to buy both - GT7 and some PS - if it will not work at PS5 - will buy PS4 as I need it only for GT7 for now...

For not PS4/5 licensed wheels, you can buy an adapter, which simulates that your T500, Fanatec GT3RS, etc. is a PS4 compatible wheel. Maybe lacks in details, but still better than nothing i guess.

I just got my copy from Amazon today. I immediately popped the disc in and updated the game. Hooked up my T500 RS and no workie. Does not work in the game, looks like I may have to get rid of it. 😞
Man, that sucks! Thanks for letting us know.

Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since months ago Sony said that all wheels working with PS4 work also with PS5. Regarding Thrustmaster, the main wheels as T300, T500, T150 are on the GT7 supported wheels list.

Screenshot 2022-02-27 152529.png

Edit: (3/2/22)
T500 RS DOES NOT WORK FOR GT7. IT IS NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED FOR THE PS5.
I'm open to the idea that this can change as updates roll out after the game is released.

I know that someone else posted a pic of this
Screen already, but I figured posting here would be nice specifically since I'm sure others with an old T500 setup are wondering. When the wheel is plugged into my PS5, it does calibrate and center itself, just like all the other wheels do. There is nothing wrong with my wheel and I had no intentions on buying another one (although I'm currently lusting over the newer DD Pro's). This screen shows what wheels are currently supported:

Fanatec GT DD Pro
Thrustmaster T-GT (I wonder if the T-GT II would work?)
Thrustmaster T300 RS
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T80
Logitech G29/G923
Fanatec CSL Elite

I do also have the older TH8 RS shifter, and I haven't checked to see if that works. I'll get back to ya'll about this if any are curious. I'm hoping there will be an update for the T500 shortly after the official release. I understand it is also in the best interest of the wheel manufacturers to sell as many with the release of this game.

That's all my thoughts for now.

Last edited:
View attachment 1118221

I know that someone else posted a pic of this screen already, but I figured posting here would be nice specifically since I'm sure others with an old T500 setup are wondering. When the wheel is plugged into my PS5, it does calibrate and center itself, just like all the other wheels do. There is nothing wrong with my wheel and I had no intentions on buying another one (although I'm currently lusting over the newer DD Pro's). This screen shows what wheels are currently supported:

Fanatec GT DD Pro
Thrustmaster T-GT (I wonder if the T-GT II would work?)
Thrustmaster T300 RS
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T80
Logitech G29/G923
Fanatec CSL Elite

I do also have the older TH8 RS shifter, and I haven't checked to see if that works. I'll get back to ya'll about this if any are curious. I'm hoping there will be an update for the T500 shortly after the official release. I understand it is also in the best interest of the wheel manufacturers to sell as many with the release of this game.

That's all my thoughts for now.
I've show this picture on Twitter, and someone say to me "T500 is sometimes recognized as a T300, so it could still be there, we’ll just have to see when the game releases in a few days though"

It s on the manufacturer interest to sell wheel. Yes but i think the T80 doesn't exist since à long time

Last edited:
Back