Gran Turismo 7 Release Window Changed in Sony's Edited PS5 Video

Ouch... I was pretty confident they can make it to Q2/2021, but well, 2023 it is :(.

I dearly hope for no PS4 release, it would mean definitely no dynamic tod and weather (at least in Multiplayer) and, if even existent, again a crippled VR mode.

"However, if Polyphony could pull it off and somehow get the game running on both platforms, it would dramatically increase the player base and result in many more participants for future FIA Gran Turismo Championships."

For a long time I have said, it would be better to keep Gran Turismo Sport as FIA e-sports title, and make Gran Turismo 7 more of a traditional game with more content. Its easier to balance smaller more steamlined game for E-sports and with some quality updates to GTS it would be suitable as PS5 title also. Preferrably GTS kept as crossplay title to keep the player base as big as possible.

What comes to possible postponing of GT7 - I think this would be logical move even if the game itself would be ready, as the availability of PS5 would strongly divide GT fans and limit sales at launch.

Last edited:
in this same video there is no longer 1st half of 2021 for Ratchet and Destruction All Stars (this game will be in ps plus in February) so wouldn't worry much and spread the fud but whats possitive in this video that there is another confirmation that gt7 is ps5 ex and not crossgen

PS5 only, Sony had to issue a new video which states its a PS5 only title.

As I said in the news thread on GT7 I'd have flipped my lid if this turns up on PS4 because then I'd never have moved to PS5...

Stop acting so surprised everybody knew this was gonna happen stop worrying about fake news granturismo 7 will not be out for a long long time stop acting like it was gonna be out in a few months because it never was gonna happen no surprise here

For a long time I have said, it would be better to keep Gran Turismo Sport as FIA e-sports title, and make Gran Turismo 7 more of a traditional game with more content. Its easier to balance smaller more steamlined game for E-sports and with some quality updates to GTS it would be suitable as PS5 title also. Preferrably GTS kept as crossplay title to keep the player base as big as possible.
I think most people will agree that this makes no sense at all because it could impact GT7's sales numbers in a bad way and PD could end up loosing money if not enough people moved from GT SPORT to GT7 because a new game costs money to make and
Less demand = Less money

I think most people will agree that this makes no sense at all because it could impact GT7's sales numbers in a bad way and PD could end up loosing money if not enough people moved from GT SPORT to GT7 because a new game costs money to make and
Less demand = Less money
I'm not interested in online play, so I would buy GT7 and forget about GT Sport. I believe the majority of GT Sport owners never play online.

Article is missing the newest PlayStation trailer that marks GT7 as “PlayStation 5 Exclusive” and not as “PlayStation Exclusive” like the cross-gen games Spider-Man and Horizon Forbidden West though.

I believe the majority of GT Sport owners never play online.
well, that's not true. What I was trying to say is that the ones who can't afford a PS5 and GT7 without going bankrupt would continue to use GT SPORT just because it works. I have seen many people who wish that GT SPORT won't die after GT7 comes out just so they can keep on playing with their PS4. I have seen many people who still play call of duty online on the PS3 just because it works.

@Jordan @Famine here is the link to the video Sony released about 19 hours ago that confirms it's PS5 only
Article is missing the newest PlayStation trailer that marks GT7 as “PlayStation 5 Exclusive” and not as “PlayStation Exclusive” like the cross-gen games Spider-Man and Horizon Forbidden West though.
We know about the video - I responded to it when it was first posted in this thread yesterday. There is another article coming later today, because it has new content in it.

Okay, two cars, for about 1.2 seconds.

Last edited:
Kind of a weird situation but I guess the subtitles only said "anticipated for the first half of 2021". It wasn't officially confirmed or anything, so technically you can't say that the game has been pushed back. The second video in the article however specifies that the game is coming 2021. Let's see how things play out this time :lol:

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Jordan Greer (@Jordan) on December 8th, 2020 in the Gran Turismo 7 category.

Why does this not surprise me in any way?

@Jordan @Famine here is the link to the video Sony released about 19 hours ago that confirms it's PS5 only

Some of the titles have text saying things like, "Also available on PS4" and other such stuff. All the GT7 one says is "Coming 2021." I guess that could be taken as confirmation but really, to me, it's just giving as little info as possible.

Last edited:
I can't call it. GT7 Lite for PS4 and GT7 A-Spec for PS5.
Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 9.37.13 PM.png

[2006 INTENSIFIES]

Gran Turismo 7 gt sport 2.0 Redux A-Spec with Ray Tracing... 40 cars and 5 tracks because if you want the rest you must sell your teeths and buy DLC of 200 dollars

A flop and then PD bankrupt, and we all die then

Last edited:
I mean at least Sony hasn't pressured Polyphony into releasing a potentially unfinished game. They're letting them take their time with it, which is good. We just have to stay patient for now.

In light of this news, the likelihood is for a final quarter 2021 release if they stick with tradition. This being the case means more time in-between for racing leagues to be ran. There was a bit of uncertainty as to whether the Nukeshot Endurance Series (NES) should wait for GT7 for a Season 6 or not, so this at least gives me more certainty regarding that.

Last edited:
I mean at least Sony hasn't pressured Polyphony into releasing a potentially unfinished game. They're letting them take their time with it, which is good. We just have to stay patient for now.

In light of this news, the likelihood is for a final quarter 2021 release if they stick with tradition. This being the case means more time in-between for racing leagues to be ran.

Agree 100%

Back