Gran Turismo 7 Releasing in "First Half of 2021"

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half of 2021 is still kinda vague, but i'm excited anyways.
Although, for me atleast, I still have no reason to buy a PS5.

Oh I got one for you...

My PS4 is on its last leg and sounds like the Concorde at take off as well as intermittently shuts off from overheating
Ever thought about opening it up, cleaning out the dust, things like that?...

On topic: Works for me, more time to save up money. No need to rush. :)

GTS will die a slow, ugly death if it gets pushed to holiday 2021. Hell, it's already dying a slow, ugly death but it will get much worse if that happens. GTS is pretty much in shambles right now with all the company's resources focused on GT7. This game can't limp along for another 12-14 months in the state it is right now.

GT6 is still limping to death until a full blown Gran Turismo comes out again. GTS was just a esports oriented spin off.

It was going to be a launch title this year, but Covid-19 put the end to that ever happening.

No,really, this is PD. Covid notwithstanding, on the microscopic chance they had released somthing for the launch, it would have been even more of a cobbled together bare bones framework with no content that Sport was at launch, and we wouldn't have gotten enough "free updates" to qualify it as a complete title until next June anyway. PD's greatest skill is making promises they can't live up to.

Now pardon me while I go drive my Lambo VisionGT

I think with the GT sport finale coming up soon we will see something like a trailer. there was no point to all those articles and all that hype for literally nothing...

Hope than will come a new GT-wheel until launch, too. Wanted to buy me the T-GT for a better handling, but yet it’s not available anymore

Last edited:
So absolutely NO reason to buy PS5 at launch at all! For me anyway!!!
I could imagine the PS5 will improve the feeling of GT Sport. Homever, I get the 5 to launch, cause I wanted it, for UHD-playback endless and feel the improvements of Cyberpunk. Should release 19. of November. But now hope If it will appear anytime soon,,

Last edited:
The whole hospital unit heard big "YES!! Woohoo!!" when I read that. Anyways. I'll remain cautiously positive about it releasing this soon in 2021.

If it's releases anywhere in 2021 I'll be doing a classic, pixelated good old Doom Guy smile.

I hope i'm not being too naive here though.

Last edited:
It was going to be a launch title this year, but Covid-19 put the end to that ever happening.
Yet another post pretending Covid delays software. You need a PC, electricity and an internet connection to program. You don't need the office. Excuses from developers are just that. Excuses. Convenient ones at that. What Covid really means is that you have a lot of potential customers stuck at home wanting something to keep them occupied.

They're releasing a remake of arguably one of the greatest games ever made, developed by one of the most surprising and competent developer of the last two generations. I think they'll be fine.
Following in the same playful tone of @GingerBredMan:

Gran Turismo 7 - Announcement Trailer: 8.012.813 Views

Demon's Souls - Announcement Trailer: 3.400.191 Views

:D

Last edited:
Ever thought about opening it up, cleaning out the dust, things like that?...

On topic: Works for me, more time to save up money. No need to rush. :)

Not to hijack the thread but Yeah it gets cleaned by my vac hose when I'm cleaning up the room. I'm past opening it, I did that with my PS3 along with fan replacement, got another year or so out of it when I was too broke to buy a PS4. Now I've had this PS4 5 years and can afford the PS5... Plus I got the invite from Sony to order direct for day one delivery so I took it. They actually sent me confirmation over the weekend that my card is being charged for the final invoice so the PS5 is in the mail soon. I've already received my extra controller and charging base early.

So remember when PD promised us we were getting the Lambo VGT and the new Porsches in GTS?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah... :lol:

Oh look, another pointless thread!

Anyway, it would be fitting if GT7 is released 20 years after GT3. With the focus on nostalgia, it would be the perfect way to introduce the next generation of Gran Turismo to PS5.

Yet another post pretending Covid delays software. You need a PC, electricity and an internet connection to program. You don't need the office. Excuses from developers are just that. Excuses. Convenient ones at that. What Covid really means is that you have a lot of potential customers stuck at home wanting something to keep them occupied.

Not all companies have the same level to adapt their work to such a event like this, and they can make mistakes along the adaptation process that delays even more.

He is talking about a reasonable probability (as far as I can guess) not a fact.

Last edited:
So remember when PD promised us we were getting the Lambo VGT and the new Porsches in GTS?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah... :lol:

I remember when PD said the VGTs would all arrive "Over the course of approximately 1 year". In Gran Turismo 6.

Ford, GM Design, Italdesign, Jordan, Nike, Lamborghini and Tesla have been "coming soon" since December 2013.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140222140113/http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/vgt/

Obviously I don't know whose fault it is but yeah. Not a great look.

I remember when PD said the VGTs would all arrive "Over the course of approximately 1 year". In Gran Turismo 6.

Ford, GM Design, Italdesign, Jordan, Nike, Lamborghini and Tesla have been "coming soon" since December 2013.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140222140113/http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/vgt/

Obviously I don't know whose fault it is but yeah. Not a great look.

As far as they say "would" and not "will" I have no problem with it and I have some tolerance about delays and cancellations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back