Gran Turismo 7 Releasing in "First Half of 2021"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully there'll be a black PS5 option by the time GT7 drops.

I seriously, seriously don't want a white one and will have to paint it if necessary, but now I have some hope there'll be a black option in time for GT...
I agree. I think that at the time of the launch there will be other options. Or even a special edition of Gran Turismo. 👍

Yes just use black sharpie that is what im going to do.
Right, of course Sharpie would colour their PS5 with a Sharpie...

First half of 2021 is good news for early adopters, maybe a tad less good for slower folks like me who tend to wait until their console is around 10 y/o and is definitely losing support before jumping to the new one. A PS2 in '04, PS3 in '10, PS4 in '16 PS5 in... can I really wait until 2023? Not if I can drive the Nike One again in 2021-22. Fingers crossed that a good 4k, HDR monitor for less than $700AUD will exist by then.

I seriously, seriously don't want a white one and will have to paint it if necessary, but now I have some hope there'll be a black option in time for GT...

What I can remember from the PS5 disassemble video the white "plates" can easily be removed. So there could be you can buy different colors plate or easily paint it.

It was going to be a launch title this year, but Covid-19 put the end to that ever happening.
No it wasn't. See what I did there.

Not all companies have the same level to adapt their work to such a event like this, and they can make mistakes along the adaptation process that delays even more.

He is talking about a reasonable probability (as far as I can guess) not a fact.
He made a statement, said "It was..." not "Perhaps it was..."

The vast majority of games developers have not been affected by COVID, no more than a third of game developers have "claimed" COVID caused delays of any sort not necessarily significant delays. So a general statement based on reasonable probability would be COVID hasn't delayed the development of GT7 significantly if at all.

Last edited:
No it wasn't. See what I did there.

He made a statement, said "It was..." not "Perhaps it was..."

The vast majority of games developers have not been affected by COVID, no more than a third of game developers have "claimed" COVID caused delays of any sort not necessarily significant delays. So a general statement based on reasonable probability would be COVID hasn't delayed the development of GT7 significantly if at all.

Yes, but I think that we shouldn't interprete all posts as fact statements when obviously they aren't. That causes a lot of long discussions for nothing : "what's your evidence", "prove it", "that's not a fact" ...

One third game developers "claimed" COVID caused delays is enough to think about a probability that it is for PD too.

Last edited:

I don't understand (and probably never will) why people want a black PS5.

When I and everyone see the trailer with Pikes in great prominence, it is because the game is about to come out.

In my case it's easy, Nick:

My TV and home-stereo setup is all-black and sits in the darkest corner of the house, a stone "platform" that supports a Canara. I chose to do without the luxury of a fire 'cause it happens to be the perfect spot for my system, so I placed the TV on a riser in front of the "oven" box and my black studio monitors (old pair I've replaced in the music room) to each side of it. A black, mobile rack unit (on castors) sits next to the system, providing audio and video from a laptop, DVD player and blue-ray player via a pro-audio interface.

So, chocolate carpet black corner (dark-brown face-brick walls & no window), black TV, black speakers, black rack, black playback units mounted in the rack, and the TV's on a black riser (about 18") with built-in drawers for discs and whatnot. The ONLY thing that's not black is the Mac laptop, but that sits atop the rack so when seated one sees only the front-side face, and it's off to the side on the rack anyway.

Now, if I placed a white Playstation, and this one's a big one too, anywhere in that area, it'd stick out like dogs' balls and be a major distraction when gaming or watching the TV. Not good! The whole purpose of this "black corner" is to make the TV the focus with zero distractions, and it works a treat; it's all you see when it's on.

You said you "never will" understand why someone might want a black PS5. Well, now I'm sure you'd understand why at least one person does. I'll bet there're heaps of other peeps who's existing AV setups are black or predominantly-black, and that their reasoning would be similar to mine.

Cheers Nick. :cheers: I'm a Nick too BTW... or Nicky as I like to be called - helps me feel younger. :lol:

Last edited:

One of the reasons for me is this:
cap00008.jpg

url

Of course a 2020 PS5 won't get this level of aging color, but we can't predict if it will become a dust settlement after some years or months. And imo PS5 looks great right now but I feel that the design won't age very well and a black spaceship is more discrete on the cabinet than a white one.

Last edited:
In one of the videos, wasn't it said the PS5 looked light grey? I take it not PSX grey, but not white.
Edit: unless it was the controller?

Last edited:
Yes, but I think that we shouldn't interprete all posts as fact statements when obviously they aren't. That causes a lot of long discussions for nothing : "what's your evidence", "prove it", "that's not a fact" ...
It's easilly avoided by the initial poster making what they mean clear. If it's a free for all then you can't seperate the statements made as a matter of fact from the others and that creates it's own confusion.

One third game developers "claimed" COVID caused delays is enough to think about a probability that it is for PD too.
Yes that's a fair point, but the higher likllihood is still that they were unaffected. And of the developers who were affected the delays for most are not thought to be significant. Unlike the film indistry where everything is getting delayed massively, much to my dissapointment :(.

As readers cannot read intent, it's on the writer to write what they mean. That means that you should post opinion as opinion and fact as fact, clearly. Of course too many people are used to taking their own opinion as fact and cannot separate the two...

In this case the user posted a statement of fact, and it should rightly be questioned by others.

Oh look, another pointless thread!
What's pointless about it?

Last edited:
Reasons to buy PS5 at launch:

• Better graphics (not all that important to me personally, but it's there)
  • MUCH better load times (hugely important factor, and the primary reason I will get PS5 at launch)
  • Quieter machine (it appears PS5 is all but silent, so that will be a welcome change from the loud PS4 Pro)
  • DualSense (from all reports, the DualSense is truly revolutionary. Can't wait to try it out)
All this said, I don't "need" PS5 right away. Being a working professional, I am thankful that I can easily afford it so why not upgrade now. That's my attitude. :)

Must be working hard to get it finished as gts is just getting a handful of paint schemes every week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back