Gran Turismo 7 Releasing in "First Half of 2021"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case it's easy, Nick:

My TV and home-stereo setup is all-black and sits in the darkest corner of the house, a stone "platform" that supports a Canara. I chose to do without the luxury of a fire 'cause it happens to be the perfect spot for my system, so I placed the TV on a riser in front of the "oven" box and my black studio monitors (old pair I've replaced in the music room) to each side of it. A black, mobile rack unit (on castors) sits next to the system, providing audio and video from a laptop, DVD player and blue-ray player via a pro-audio interface.

So, chocolate carpet, black corner, black TV, black speakers, black rack, black playback units mounted in the rack, and the TV's on a black riser (about 18") with built-in drawers for discs and whatnot. The ONLY thing that's not black is the Mac laptop, but that sits atop the rack so when seated one sees only the front-side face, and it's off to the side on the rack anyway.

Now, if I placed a white Playstation, and this one's a big one too, anywhere in that area, it'd stick out like dogs' balls and be a major distraction when gaming or watching the TV. Not good! The whole purpose of this "black corner" is to make the TV the focus with zero distractions, and it works a treat; it's all you see when it's on.

You said you "never will" understand why someone might want a black PS5. Well, now I'm sure you'd understand why at least one person does. I'll bet there're heaps of other peeps who's existing AV setups are black or predominantly-black, and that their reasoning would be similar to mine.

Cheers Nick. :cheers: I'm a Nick to BTW... or Nicky as I like to be called - helps me feel younger. :lol:

That whole wall of text is really silly when you think about the fact that what will mostly stick out more than any white component is the lights on the components.

I’m fully prepared for an actual release date of April 2022, and I’m honestly fine with that. I’d rather they just released the best game possible rather than shoving something out the door to boost console sales.

I’m fully prepared for an actual release date of April 2022, and I’m honestly fine with that. I’d rather they just released the best game possible rather than shoving something out the door to boost console sales.

It's no guarantee though. GT5 took a long, long time to come out and it was still barebones at launch.

True, but tbh I’d be completely fine if GT7 was just GT Sport but with more content and some actual customization, which is sounds like we’re getting.
I'm sure a few people would be fine with that, but it would be just as divisive as GT Sport is.

Given PD have already made a point of it featuring a full GT Campaign mode we should hopefully get a fully fleshed offline experience in addition to the online features they carry over from GT Sport.

I'm sure a few people would be fine with that, but it would be just as divisive as GT Sport is.

Given PD have already made a point of it featuring a full GT Campaign mode we should hopefully get a fully fleshed offline experience in addition to the online features they carry over from GT Sport.

True, I’d really like to see some extensive offline stuff, too. I’ve always been the type of player who just sees racing as a way to buy more cars lol.

It's no guarantee though. GT5 took a long, long time to come out and it was still barebones at launch.
Which was because the PS3 was a hassle to work on. Starting from the PS4 it was far easier to develop on the systems, plus the fact their team got considerably bigger and they make use of outsourcing now. I feel like the first half of 2021 is pretty realistic, maybe with a slight delay but still 2021 either way.

As readers cannot read intent, it's on the writer to write what they mean. That means that you should post opinion as opinion and fact as fact, clearly. Of course too many people are used to taking their own opinion as fact and cannot separate the two...

In this case the user posted a statement of fact, and it should rightly be questioned by others.

What's pointless about it?

Sorry for disagree, but readers can read intentions, we are not robots.

In literature, articles, opinion articles, almost every blog, and very often in every thread on GTPlanet there are posts that their intentions are clearly not literally what is written, in some cases even the opposite using irony and without smileys. In his case I think it's very clear that it wasn't said as a fact but as his opinion.

Last edited:

In literature, articles, opininion articles, almost every blog, and very often in every thread on GTPlanet there are posts that their intentions are clearly not literally what is written, in some cases even the opposite using irony and without smileys. In his case I think it's very clear that it wasn't said as a fact.
Having seen that users "logic" in full flow in previous discussions, my interpretation was that he was being quite serious with his statement. So no, it's not very clear at all. Of course he may come on and clarify and he may come on and say he was joking now even if he wasn't, but it certainly isn't clear as it stands.

When people use sarcasm or make a joke in a post, there is usually a context for it, a reply to a certain comment that sets it up well for example. Even this gets misinterpreted online plenty of times.

Ultimately if you are stating your opinion you should state it as opinion, it's easy, you only have to put "I think" at the start or if you don't even want to type that much "IMO".

Last edited:
Readers do indeed read intentions all the time, but they're not necessarily what the writer intended. Right now, for example, you're reading something that wasn't written in a post as the intention of it, rather than the words which actually were in the post.
In his case I think it's very clear that it wasn't said as a fact but as his opinion.
It is not even slightly clear. In fact it requires pretending that the post says things it does not explicitly say.

What was said was a statement of fact. However some people do have a great deal of difficulty in separating their opinion from fact, so it may have been meant as an opinion. This post has been quite rightly questioned, and as it was not your post there is no need for you to white knight it.

Last edited:
Which was because the PS3 was a hassle to work on. Starting from the PS4 it was far easier to develop on the systems, plus the fact their team got considerably bigger and they make use of outsourcing now. I feel like the first half of 2021 is pretty realistic, maybe with a slight delay but still 2021 either way.

Yet GT Sport took four years to create and still launched with very little content. It was also the only game they released at all on the"easier" PS4.

Nothing is guaranteed, not everything correlates as expected.

Yet GT Sport took four years to create and still launched with very little content. It was also the only game they released at all on the"easier" PS4.

Transition from ps3 to ps4 was very big (x86 arch, can't use game engine suited for cell processor). Transition from ps4 to ps5 is quite easy as ps5 is quite similar just much more powerful also they will not create form scratch again cars they use for gt sport as they already have higher poly versions. Also gameplay trailer looks almost as gt sport so to be honest I'm surprised gt7 is not 2020 title ;d

To be fair, they created a new engine, remodeled all cars and captured new sounds for the game. Plus they worked on something they haven't done before which is ESport and VR. I think 4 years wasn't that bad, but I understand the complaints about having very little SP campaign

I wonder if this time that will actually hold true.
GT5/6 car models still hold up to this day. If you place them using GTSport's lighting they'd still look great. I think the reason why PD started all over again so fans won't accuse them of porting old assets from a decade old hardware into their new game.

Last edited:
GT5/6 car models still hold up to this day. If you place them using GTSport's lighting they'd still look great. I think the reason why PD started all over again so fans won't accuse them of porting old assets from a decade old hardware into their new game.
That and some of the cars they reused, like the AMG Academy SLS, Vantage and MX-5 TC, got upgraded.

What's pointless about it?
We've had about half a dozen threads about release date rumors - whenever there's a little morsel of information, a news article goes up and hence another thread appears here. These little rumblings would typically go in a general discussion thread, but because the site is seemingly obsessed with "clicks" and a lot of people are getting desperate, extra threads are made. All these threads are pointless because it's always the same type of thing being posted over and over in them.

We've had about half a dozen threads about release date rumors - whenever there's a little morsel of information, a news article goes up and hence another thread appears here.
As it ought to, yes. This particular morsel has since appeared across several other gaming sites, including enormous general gaming sites like Eurogamer and IGN, and at least one national newspaper in the UK - all linking back to GTPlanet.

It would seem to be of significant interest, and worth our time covering. Certainly my boss thinks so.

These little rumblings would typically go in a general discussion thread, but because the site is seemingly obsessed with "clicks" and a lot of people are getting desperate, extra threads are made.
All sites are obsessed with "clicks". It's what keeps them alive. If we didn't generate content, there wouldn't be a GTPlanet, never mind a thread on GTPlanet for you to complain about all these threads. What we don't do is mislead people into clicking.

Threads don't generate "clicks", for reference.

All these threads are pointless because it's always the same type of thing being posted over and over in them.
People like to discuss things. That is the point of a forum - it is essentially what the word itself means (originally "place of assembly", but becoming "place for discussion" later).

When new information comes out, they like to discuss them more - sometimes using that information to refine their point of view, sometimes using it to reinforce it, and sometimes ignoring it because it doesn't fit with their point of view. I don't see the intrinsic problem here.

If you don't like what's being discussed, surely you can just... not read it or take part? I mean, it wasn't exactly unclear what the topic of discussion would be from the thread title.

snc
Transition from ps3 to ps4 was very big (x86 arch, can't use game engine suited for cell processor). Transition from ps4 to ps5 is quite easy as ps5 is quite similar just much more powerful also they will not create form scratch again cars they use for gt sport as they already have higher poly versions. Also gameplay trailer looks almost as gt sport so to be honest I'm surprised gt7 is not 2020 title ;d

Working on different architecture still takes time no matter how "easier" it is to work on. PS2 to PS3 to PS4 dev time is no way comparable to PS4 to PS5.

To be fair, they created a new engine, remodeled all cars and captured new sounds for the game. Plus they worked on something they haven't done before which is ESport and VR. I think 4 years wasn't that bad, but I understand the complaints about having very little SP campaign

My point is there can always be an unexpected reason for things taking longer than you thought. Everyone said PS4 was easy to program for, and I'm sure it was, but who saw PD deciding to start modelling all the premium cars from scratch? Nobody. GT6 should have been an "easy" sequal on the same hardware as GT5, but they went and attempted to create an ambitious course creator that would've delayed the game by 18 months if they'd waited instead of patching it in later.

What might they do this time that takes an age? I've no idea, hopefully nothing, but I just think it's foolish to assume because of the on-paper "easy" transition the game will be easy for PD and arrive quickly. We could still quite easily get a short on content game that needs patching for 18 months again.

Last edited:
My point is there can always be an unexpected reason for things taking longer than you thought. Everyone said PS4 was easy to program for, and I'm sure it was, but who saw PD deciding to start modelling all the premium cars from scratch? Nobody. GT6 should have been an "easy" sequal on the same hardware as GT5, but they went and attempted to create an ambitious course creator that would've delayed the game by 18 months if they'd waited instead of patching it in later.

What might they do this time that takes an age? I've no idea, hopefully nothing, but I just think it's foolish to assume because of the on-paper "easy" transition the game will be easy for PD and arrive quickly. We could still quite easily get a short on content game that needs patching for 18 months again.

I don't understand constant negativity about the past and about the future.
"Easier work" releasing quicker is foolish ? :boggled: , "easier work" releasing late is judicious then? Negativity about future is more judicious ?

It's easy to enjoy the present time, be grateful about the past and having some excitement about the future. Not only focus on the bad side of things again and again,.. even on a not happened 18 months past delay in gt6 by the track editor... and extrapolating waiting for the worst in a new game.

You have seen yet than common GTS/GT7 cars are not modelled from scratch on GT7.

Also evolution and adding content is not patching IMO.

Last edited:

There is a reason for this. It's called GT6. if GT6 hadn't come out on the PS3 AFTER the PS4 had launched, they would have started the gt sport's development a lot sooner. They also had to create a brand new physics engine and also a new graphics engine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back