Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
image_gran_turismo_7-42169-4502_0005.jpg

The message shown at the bottom of the released screenshots is very interesting. 'Cars shown may require gameplay progression.'

That leads me to think that locked prize cars are returning! Or maybe it's just referring to cars costing credits
honestly this picture just shows me how gorgeous the game is . Come on if this is not good for some of you i don't know what is

honestly this picture just shows me how gorgeous the game is . Come on if this is not good for some of you i don't know what is

I’m going to be the stick in the mud and point out how awful that render is.

The tearing and jagged edges of that 917 is pretty atrocious. Not to mention the downsampled livery.

Let’s also look at the “real-time” ray tracing. The refections in the mirrors looks like a very low 540p render.

Then look at the people, they look like PS3 characters.

I think, honestly, this whole trailer is a giant failure.

GT7 looks like a complete piece of crap.

7 effin years and this is what they have. Pure crap imo

It's been a long time since I last played Gran Turismo, totally skipped the PS4 games. Excited about this and looking forward to its release; it just might spur me to buy a PS5 to play.

Don't trust sarah, i bet she's gonna sell my used fiesta while the console is off.
sarah4zakyf.jpg

What is she talking about ??!! I want Sarah out... or at least i want to be able to put whoever photo there i want...

screenshot-133-png.929500

^You know what would go well with this?^

I really hope they bring back GT4's menu music. The best in the series in my opinion.

That music is so chill !! I love it... Perfect !

So everyone can stop arguing: View attachment 929571

US coming soon~

Where are the city tracks for Paris, Madrid, Rome, London etc...

Not sure how you can compare a half-mile oval to a 1.5 mile one... Were there ever any clues to where Northern Isle is located in the US?

And you can scratch BB Raceway off, it's in Japan.

Nothing other than the fact that they designed it to look exactly like it.

There be a large amount of conclusion-leaping in this here thread. From people saying “ITS EVERYTHING I COULD HAVE POSSIBLY WANTED” to “ITS GTS WITH A NEW TRACK AND A COUPLE CARS”.

Seriously, where are people getting all this stuff from? Its a teaser trailer :lol:

There be a large amount of conclusion-leaping in this here thread. From people saying “ITS EVERYTHING I COULD HAVE POSSIBLY WANTED” to “ITS GTS WITH A NEW TRACK AND A COUPLE CARS”.

Seriously, where are people getting all this stuff from? Its a teaser trailer :lol:

Well honestly, it was a total flop. Looks just like GT Sport, basically will have the same online portion of GT Sport.

Yeah dynamic weather... still using GT Sport online races. Won’t see it online.

Gameplay shows the same physics.

Honestly, I’m not going to buy GT7 unless the completely overhaul their physics model. From the trailer it’s the exact same as before.

garbage

I'm sad that it won't be a launch title but I guess that was to be expected. Still, I'm getting PS5 day one for that SSD. The loadtimes in Kingom Come Deliverance on PS4 are killing me :yuck:

I didn't check the whole thread, sorry, but did anyone mention the seemingly dynamic clouds in the trailer... ?

Full dynamic weather for GT7 would be immense.
I don't know about weather, but it sure looks like the earth is rotating.

Also, why was the BAC Mono wearing European license plates?

That's a UK plate with the blue EU stripe on the left (yellow rear plate). It was correct, but won't be issued anymore now that the UK has left EU.

- The one in/near Utah is oddly close to Bonneville. Based on the topography, it's definitely set very close to Salt Lake City, although Bonneville's actual location seems to be a little further south than the red dot.

It might be Bonneville. Though Bonneville itself is flat, there are little hills and peaks around there, and would make sense to include as it is as very historical track.

--

gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-36.jpg

I find it amusing that, of all the states to write out on this map, they chose to write out the smallest of the three Western states in the contiguous 48 States.

So here is something I dig out, but as some of you already got in previous posts.

It seems there were two different types of showcase for GT7.

There was something like Trailer/Intro (maybe replay) mode and ingame mode.

Here is all from Trailer/Intro/Replay that is interesting at least to me:
videos:
Raytraced interior cluster
Raytraced exterior probably replay mode
Selective raytraced garage
Time of Day and volumetric Clouds with godrays
Raytraced truck interior
pictures:
Porsche 917 with raytraced lights on GT40
Porsche Carrera GT
BAC Mono raytraced lights on rear suspension
BAC Mono raytraced on hood (left side with rear lights)
Lamborghini Murcielago
Not sure what car this is

Here is all that I got from ingame material that is interesting (and a bit sad):
videos:
Strange Aston Martin reflection flickering
pictures:
EU track locations
GT World Menu
Garage Car Menu
InGame view with no raytracing (sadly)
InGame no raytracing (even more sad)
Home Menu map
Additional Home Menu map
No Lake reflections
Race Track and even preview
Tuning shop menu preview

As seen in these pictures and videos, all Intro/Trailer/Replay have advanced reflections (probably raytraced ones) with Time of Day and dynamic clouds (hope we get this in game).
While InGame alone, all reflections are gone, basically it seems as if game is same as GTSport... but maybe I'm wrong...

Still, I am waiting for this for long time, and I know I'll enjoy it when it comes...

All material is taken from 4k Sony showcase

Last edited:
Game progression might mean you need a certain licence as well. Tracks, helmets, livery editor, are locked, in GT SPort, until you level up. Sport Mode is locked until players watch the video. We'll see.

I’m going to be the stick in the mud and point out how awful that render is.

The tearing and jagged edges of that 917 is pretty atrocious. Not to mention the downsampled livery.

Let’s also look at the “real-time” ray tracing. The refections in the mirrors looks like a very low 540p render.

Then look at the people, they look like PS3 characters.

I think, honestly, this whole trailer is a giant failure.

GT7 looks like a complete piece of crap.

7 effin years and this is what they have. Pure crap imo

Well honestly, it was a total flop. Looks just like GT Sport, basically will have the same online portion of GT Sport.

Yeah dynamic weather... still using GT Sport online races. Won’t see it online.

Gameplay shows the same physics.

Honestly, I’m not going to buy GT7 unless the completely overhaul their physics model. From the trailer it’s the exact same as before.

garbage

Im about to create a thread ripping this trailer and GT7 to absolute shreds.

There are so many tale tell signs that GT7 is just GT Sport Plus.

Total BS from PD. They should be ashamed.

You drawing a lot of conclusions from a 3 minute announcement trailer

I mean it's obvious that it's just repurposed GTS with a new UI and some tracks/cars added and some raytracing sprinkled on top. Maybe 120 fps is why the graphics look so poor. Overall a strange presentation for GT7, very hastily slapped together at the last minute. In general I fail to see the same ambition compared to what PD did 10-15 years ago. GT5 was for all it's faults so full of random off-beat features, had 3D support, head tracking, track maker, custom music, all the different disciplines, GT TV, and much more. And this was on PS3 that was a nightmare for developers. It's really strange, like GT used to be a crown jewel for PlayStation, but now it seems like they had their budget cut.

View attachment 929575

The two with ?? are -very- doubtful, I consider them more likely to be other fantasy tracks (Northern Isle? SSRX? Maaaybe Fisherman's Ranch although when it was in a WT the map had it somewhere else)

Your West Coast dots are partially incorrect. Your "Laguna Seca" is actually Willow Springs which is about 40ish miles N-NE of Los Angeles. Your "Broad Bean" is actually Laguna Seca just outside Monterey (I walked all round the circuit in 2001). Trial Mountain is fine as it is.

Also the Colorado track is clearly Colorado Springs returning from GTS, not Pikes Peak (wishful thinking I believe) , all the other GTS tracks are returning in these dots, why would that one be the only one not to reappear?

Regarding the Career mode, I keep reading we dont know much about it, but it seems we know quite a lot. What they have done is reverse the methodology.

Instead of going to e.g. Amateur and selecting Clubman Cup and being presented with a list of available tracks.

You now go to Trial Mountain and are presented with a list of available events including the Clubman Cup race at that track.

It's just a switcheroo...

That's why there is a separate Championships mode. In old games it would just be a separate section in the Career mode. But because they have organised the Career mode by track this time around, Championships dont fit as they involve more than one track.

So, e.g. you have Clubman Cup showing up its individual races within each different location, and then a Clubman Cup championship showing separately in the Championship mode.

If you think of it in those terms, only Championships weren't already available in GTS, and what they showed of the career mode was basically the same approach as e.g. GT6 and before, just presented very differently.

That's not a render, and don't blame PD, that's the ray tracing fault, and remember: this game needs to be more than 60 FPS. Cut out that crap.

That's not a render, and don't blame PD, that's the ray tracing fault, and remember: this game needs to be more than 60 FPS. Cut out that crap.

There is no ray tracing in-game.

The ray tracing is all from cutscenes. It’s not even real time ray tracing.

Cut out the crap? Tell that to PD, they evidently fooled you enough to believe it was real time.

"More than 60fps"??
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismos-future-4k-resolution-is-enough-but-240fps-is-the-target/

There is no ray tracing in-game.

The ray tracing is all from cutscenes. It’s not even real time ray tracing.

Cut out the crap? Tell that to PD, they evidently fooled you enough to believe it was real time.
Do you really want to start a pointless argue? It looks like you're a poor troll, you're saying to much for a 3 minute video of a game that has recently been announced. Remember how was GTS in 2015? Are you really going too deep about a game that's still in beta, or who knows, alpha? Shut up, please.

Back