Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
That's your opinion obviously, not going to hate you for it. I get fearing change and liking what you're used to but sometimes it just has to happen, like with GTS. I didn't care for it at all, but I'm glad they tried to make change. It's why I was so disappointed when they just patched in the old single player GT, but worse, when they had the change to try something new.
and I understand your point. You're tired of one formula and want something different, but maybe this time round for a single player experience.

However in spite of what I said before, I would still give your idea of a new GT career a try at least once. Even though it's a departure from what I have enjoyed. I have done this before with other video games, so I guess I could do the same with GT.

I seem to notice from the tuning shop UI that the fonts used for the words Entry, City, Sports, Racing, etc. resembles the fonts that were used in GT4 before or at least gives me that GT4 vibe.

Untitled3.png

What's with the allergy to championships though? It's been a long time since we've seen those. I do agree the race selection thing is a little boring, I'm more of an online player and see the career mode little more than just something to do every once in awhile nowadays. Missions and license tests are still cool but we really do need to have championships and qualifying back.

It looks like they have some system of "race points" to unlock the next stage or set of races. So kind of like GRID 1 I think? I'm not sure how that ties in with the levels since that's still around as well.

It has not even been a full day and the thread is already filled with a bunch of whiny people moaning over a game that isn’t even the final product..... Jesus h. 🤬 Christ this community truly cannot be satisfied sometimes

Criticism and commenting on things you didn't like the look of doesn't equal moaning or that people are "whiny".

I see this place has not changed.

I thought about that, but multiple accounts are a thing today. It only takes bad players to make an account for each licence, to mess up all those groups. If you understand me.

I understand, imo I feel like it would at least discourage some people due to the extra effort, while people who are serious/not rammers I don't think would mind the extra steps involved, especially with prizes involved for completion. But again, I'm probably being too optimistic.

It seems that the partnership with Michelin has generated results, apparently we'll have to manage the temperature of the tires during the race, at least these blue rectangles indicate this..

Blue shows up in GT Sport as well. The tires have to be ice-cold though, like, leave the car sitting on the track for a minute cold.

upload_2020-6-11_19-51-3-png.929591

Also, I seriously hope those are all placeholder. If they just release the same old crap "select a race from a menu" GT Mode with the same exact races for the 7th time I certainly ain't interested.

It's not 1998 any more PD. I want an offline career mode, but I don't want the exact same one over and over again.

Your not wrong, there's a whole lot more they can do to make it more immersive.

GT League in GT Sport is boring AF

I'm just glad that GTPlanet has banded together to gush this upcoming game with some healthy critisism that I do agree with.

Sans that one obvious bait user that recently made a new thread, so just ignore him.

Best of luck for this forum I guess. Never seen this positivity in years in here, to be honest.

Also my guess is correct when I predicted that Trial Mountain will be the most likely original circuit to be reintroduced because it is a good circuit.

Here's the menu music, not sure if it's put specifically for the trailer or it will feature on the full game

Personally I preferred the lounge music from GT5 thru Sport, or classic Isamu Ohira tunes from older GTs that fits the nostalgic world map UI better than a rock song for menus, but I won't pass my judgement till I see the full soundtrack list

Ahhhh, my bad, then. Apologies on jumping the gun too early. lol

Had a small feeling it was a little too high for Daiki's style, though. Hm...

I understand, imo I feel like it would at least discourage some people due to the extra effort, while people who are serious/not rammers I don't think would mind the extra steps involved, especially with prizes involved for completion. But again, I'm probably being too optimistic.
We're only guessing and dreaming. At this stage, "all we have, are smiles and cries...and noone can take that away".:lol:

PD really should've made it clear that the gameplay is a work in progress. We're getting some drastic conclusion jumping as a result and it's fueling a lot of cynicism. Honestly, leaving out the gameplay probably would've been plenty to get fans excited. I felt leaving in almost a whole lap of Trial Mountain made the trailer drag on a bit, especially compared to the other trailers that were shown.

A release date after this year would be a good amount of time for their Michelin partnership to bear fruit given that the announcement was 9 months ago. I remember it was said that development process would be over the course of years. The physics seeming to be rehashed from GTS therefore makes sense...because they're still working on the new one.

I'm less hopeful about the A.I. given PDs track record but iirc they hired new staff in the field of A.I. development. Offline gameplay seems to be a big selling point this time around so they would benefit from having A.I. as a primary focus. Coupling that with the unspecified release date, it makes sense to assume A.I. is a work in progress too.

Any other shortcomings you find in this little bit that we've seen may very well be completely different by the next trailer, all because we don't know how far off the release is.

TL;DR: calm down and wait, pessimists.

Exactly. In hindsight they shouldn't have added the menu part at the end since clearly it is still WIP and has been subject to the most criticism/debate here, similar in tone to the last two titles when they were first announced

@Samus What would you think if GT7 planned a sandbox mode or the ability to create and share custom race events/championships?

Your not wrong, there's a whole lot more they can do to make it more immersive.

GT League in GT Sport is boring AF
Other than AI being obvious needs, while GT7 has GT4 vibes so far... honestly I want the events to have GT2 vibes, where there are different levels of each race (ex: Historic Cars where GT40 lies, one race is 295 hp level, one race is 394 hp level). I want to get to experience type of cars in as many levels as possible.

I'm going to be honest and you're going to hate me for saying this, but I actually like that the races stay the same. I always felt that the way PD has done their career mode is part of Gran Turismo's identity. Just being able to enter races based on the cars offered in the game and working through the ladder.

and well, adding a story of some kind or changing the career structure to something new just wouldn't make GT feel like GT. Maybe they can refresh the career a bit by changing the events around, but I honestly don't want anything new in that case.

This exactly. I consider the Gran Turismo games to be sandbox RPG's, where you're sort of thrown the universe and you make of it what you will (it's why everybody hated being forced into a fit in GT6). There's not really anything else like it out there either, which causes conflict when some fans would rather GT to shift more towards a car-based adventure like Forza Horizon or Need for Speed, with an on rails storyline, a singular path towards completion. I've actually completed many of those games as well but I've found most people I've met before GTS were, like me, loyal to this GT progression structure.

I would feel more relaxed if we saw a livery editor option on that home screen.

If you want feel total relax, put this thought in your mind:
An independent application for pc/mac developed by sony containing the basic/decent tools of a desktop designing software just to design comfortably amazing GT liveries in just seconds, not hours.

Watched it as soon as I got up. I can tell you this, I almost immediately recognised Trial Mountain and I won't lie, showing an old track like that is an almost perfect way to hype a game such as Gran Turismo 7. Love the menus too, definitely going back to the roots so to speak.

Hope the hud changes a bit before release though, no issue with the Sport one just wanted. Maybe allow us to change the colour of the text to something a bit more nostalgic?

I'd put a release date circa late 2021 maybe 2022.

I also love how mad lad Kaz put the two distinct Gran Turismo colours as part of the aesthetic of promo art:

1500x500

Are we going to get two cover cars? Cause I don't recognise the one in blue.

If you want feel total relax, put this thought in your mind:
An independent application for pc/mac developed by sony containing the basic/decent tools of a desktop designing software just to design comfortably amazing GT liveries in just seconds, not hours.
Why everyone forgets GT Auto and its purpose?

Go back to Flopza then.
What is the purpose of this insult? You are new to this forum but we treat each other with more etiquette than this.

You act as if he is personally offended you. Did you actually design the Gran Turismo games, that you should feel personally offended that he wasn't over the moon about it?

He merely said what he saw. He didn't criticize it. He just didn't rave about it.

This is a mature forum site and you may possibly be out of your depth.

Well let's hope the cars dont sound like crap and we can do engine swaps. All I ask for is that and a moderate selection of classica.

Am i the only one? Probably...
But I will say it, GT Sport is like PC3. Clearly the game is turning from a "simulator" to an arcade game.
it's just sad to see all racing games are turning that way to satisfy all those little kids that mess up your multiplayer experience everyday.

Will I buy the PS5, I don't think. I'd rather stay on a penalty simulator than go to an arcade race game.
and here we go, ACC PS4, here we come.

Am i the only one? Probably...
But I will say it, GT Sport is like PC3. Clearly the game is turning from a "simulator" to an arcade game.
it's just sad to see all racing games are turning that way to satisfy all those little kids that mess up your multiplayer experience everyday.

Will I buy the PS5, I don't think. I'd rather stay on a penalty simulator than go to an arcade race game.
and here we go, ACC PS4, here we come.
You mean like how Gran Turismo used to be? I've played Gran Turismo ever since I was one of those little kids.

No let's be honest even though it's never been amazing GT Sport was realistic.
Here we have wierd funny colours and just how it looked was just total arcade for me and not a realistic game anymore.
I understand what you are saying, but I think this is another step into full arcade

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismos-future-4k-resolution-is-enough-but-240fps-is-the-target/

Do you really want to start a pointless argue? It looks like you're a poor troll, you're saying to much for a 3 minute video of a game that has recently been announced. Remember how was GTS in 2015? Are you really going too deep about a game that's still in beta, or who knows, alpha? Shut up, please.

me wondering why people still doesnt learn how to take whatever kaz said with a ***HUGE*** grain of salt after all these years

FF972A20-113D-4939-B47D-CFCCEBFB52C8.jpeg
Doing a little breakdown here... Interlagos confirmed, 9 tracks in USA, 13 in Europe.(confirmed). Probably Bathurst will be present in gt7 and maybe 9-11 tracks in Asia? Total of (34?) tracks. Looking good to me.

Back