Gran Turismo 7 Review Embargo and Media Live Streaming Dates Revealed

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 151 comments
He can not answer on that until embargo ends.
Yep. Dunno why people are jumping the gun on this. He won't be answering anything until the embargo lifts.

Buuuuut I might as well ask this anyway, as he could touch on it in his review.

Jordan, besides his old stuff, are there any new Daiki Kasho songs? And is he in the menu music as well, since he's sound designer and all?

Is the gaming press not allowed to share anything at all before March 2nd? For example, to me it would seem extreme if PS4 footage doesn’t surface anywhere before then, and it would only fuel my concerns regarding performance.

What I want to know is the trophy situation. Will earning trophies on the PS4 version cause those trophies to pop on the PS5 version?

Personally I'm hoping that's not the situation, as currently I only have a PS4. I would like to play the PS4 version first and at a later date play the superior PS5 version, but if loading up the game would autopop all the trophies I'd be less motivated to play.

Well, I'm annoyed that the embargo is pushed that far close to release. I really would've preferred a week in advance just to have more time to know what I'm getting myself into, but whatever. I have the game pre-ordered and whatever I get is that.

Lucky on @Jordan though for having his review copy. :)

---
Going to hope I spot some leaks over the week. :lol:

I wonder if a thread of questions for when the embargo lifts would be beneficial. Obviously GTP will have their review and own synopsis of the game, but I'm sure the community has a handful of questions regarding the game that GTP Staff could fill us in on in between play time, and then publish them.

Can we please have a gentlemans agreement to not post any leaks until the embargo lifts? :P

I bet you all the non-transferable money in my GT Sport account that somebody (probably a influencer) doesn't understand any of that and leaks important information, probably which dealership the Willys Jeep is in, before the end of February. :P
We know that already, Brighton Antiques. Unleeess your whole post was ironic. :lol:

You guys know if there's a chance now to see GT7 PSN trophies with this? Like, some1 finds a profile of those media content creators, check their trophies' list
Other people can only see the trophies once they're made public on the servers, at which point sites like exophase or PSNProfiles would pick them up. We'd have to count on someone with access to the game taking screenshots of the trophy list they have locally on their console.
What I want to know is the trophy situation. Will earning trophies on the PS4 version cause those trophies to pop on the PS5 version?

Personally I'm hoping that's not the situation, as currently I only have a PS4. I would like to play the PS4 version first and at a later date play the superior PS5 version, but if loading up the game would autopop all the trophies I'd be less motivated to play.
All other recent cross-gen Sony games had separate lists for PS4 and PS5 and trophies would autopop after transferring saves.

Last edited:
Same for me! State of play was enough to understand that GT7 will be a masterpiece.
I'll certainly read some of the conclusions and such, I'll probably read bits of the review before I get the game but I will read it in full once I've explored it myself.

I think I'm looking forward to seeing the final car and track list more than anything. In terms of reviewing for purchase, it's a mainline Gran Turismo, for me that's a banker for a few thousand hours of gameplay. But seeing the final lists and things like that will be what I'm looking forward to when the embargo lifts. If PD don't reveal it before hand.

So copies have been sent out to reviewers, whom are allowed to confirm reception but nothing else until March 2nd. This obviously alerts the general public and leaves people hungry for something.

Playstation should capitalize on this by ramping things up a notch, preferably sooner than later. We’ve entered the phase where it’s only logical to properly announce the included cars and circuits. Perhaps in conjunction with an update to the official GT7 website, showcasing fresh content. In many ways it feels like we haven’t left the phase where things are mostly under wraps. The SOP was no doubt informative, but ultimately it was an extended teaser only scratching multiple surfaces. I’ll live regardless, but I’m simply trying to understand what’s going on with current marketing efforts, or the lack thereof.

Hello everyone, @Famine what are the forum policy about post with external sources towards leaks on the footage under embargo? Can we post or are post allowed in this case?
I would think not.
Since Jordan was trusted with an advanced copy, it just would not look good for leaked info to appear on his site.
If I were in his shoes, I would ask my forum moderators to delete any leaked info that appears early.

I would think not.
Since Jordan was trusted with an advanced copy, it just would not look good for leaked info to appear on his site.
If I were in his shoes, I would ask my forum moderators to delete any leaked info that appears early.
I agree 100%! ....TEN days to go... crazy monkey keep jumping on my shoulder.

So copies have been sent out to reviewers, whom are allowed to confirm reception but nothing else until March 2nd. This obviously alerts the general public and leaves people hungry for something.

Playstation should capitalize on this by ramping things up a notch, preferably sooner than later. We’ve entered the phase where it’s only logical to properly announce the included cars and circuits. Perhaps in conjunction with an update to the official GT7 website, showcasing fresh content. In many ways it feels like we haven’t left the phase where things are mostly under wraps. The SOP was no doubt informative, but ultimately it was an extended teaser only scratching multiple surfaces. I’ll live regardless, but I’m simply trying to understand what’s going on with current marketing efforts, or the lack thereof.

Jeez Sony hasn't to do anything.
There enough marketing efforts, TV ads, songs released, trailers.. People act so entitled nowadays lol.

Jeez Sony hasn't to do anything.
There enough marketing efforts, TV ads, songs released, trailers.. People act so entitled nowadays lol.
Sarcasm? Anyway, what on earth would this have to do with entitlement? As if people ever yearned for being fed with advertizing. :lol:

The takeaway from my post is more can be done to promote the game at this point. This is a fact. There’s still time, but it’s getting overdue for something once considered Playstation’s greatest flagship title.

Last edited:
People act so entitled nowadays lol.
Leave the attitude at the door.
What if... the GTP staff reviewing GT7 take pictures of the wheel setup they have, focus on the wheel but have GT7 up in the background ;)
It would break NDA

The vast majority of people who will be buying GT7 will not know that the review copies have been sent out, as such linking marketing to that would not make a bit of difference. You have to remember that while the Sim racing community may be the most frequently vocal about racing titles (as in it's all we bang on about) we actually represent only a small percentage of the actual purchasers of the titles.

The takeaway from my post is more can be done to promote the game at this point. This is a fact. There’s still time, but it’s getting overdue for something once considered Playstation’s greatest flagship title.

You can always promote more.
However I don't think revealing the full car release will suddenly lead to a spike in sales.
GT7 already has a big hype going on now.

Back