Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Review: Return of the King

As it celebrates its 25th anniversary, the Gran Turismo franchise finds itself in a bit of an odd position. After a somewhat forgettable Gran Turismo 6 and a rebellious Gran Turismo Sport, a lot of critics have claimed that despite strong sales, the series had lost its way, turning away from many of the founding principles that made it so popular in the first place...

Well written review and I appreciate the detail you’ve gone into. I’m genuinely excited to own this game and it feels like a return to the excitement I felt before GT5. Sure single player AI remains a glaring issue but 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m happy to go on sport mode if I want a realistic driving challenge.

Great and thorough review.
Any word on open lobby multi-player grid sizes? Still capped at 16, or??.

Thanks

Last edited:
This is about what I expected, and (aside from the AI and early campaign) a very, VERY good thing. 😃

Question on split screen - is there finally AI cars to join you or is it still exclusively head to head?

Thanks for the great review.

Looks like the racing’s going to be very very similar to GTS as far as AI goes but after reading this I know I’m gonna enjoy the game. And it’ll be my two daughters’ first real go at a ‘car’ game - I’m confident they’re really going to enjoy it too.

I'd like to say three things.

1. First of all, the title of this review is what I wanted to hear! See y'all on the track, I'm ready to find my line (and copy of the game)!

2. I hope the Sophy A.I. opponent system finds its way in the game with a future update.

3. I will be playing GT7 on PS4 with a Thrustmaster T300 wheel, it's compatible right?

Question on split screen - is there finally AI cars to join you or is it still exclusively head to head?
No, it's just head-to-head racing.
What are all of the engine swaps available?
Yeah, about those... perhaps I just haven't progressed far enough in the game yet, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, anywhere. It might just be a feature that's not ready yet, I don't know.
One question Jordan have you gotten much sleep this past week, You need a break come on down to Bristol Easter weekend for some NASCAR Dirt racing (at night) on the Worlds Fastest Half Mile track. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for the invite, I'm exhausted. 👍

I've pulled two all-nighters in a row and still wasn't able to finish the accompanying video for this review in time for the embargo. And the second live-streaming/gameplay embargo lifts in just another 23 hours. :crazy:

Last edited:
@Jordan what about the multiplayer penalty system? From what I saw it looks like the GTS one, so pretty bad, no penalties for contact etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back