Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

I did not say anything about GT Sport in that post, I just included the screenshot for sales data. Maybe take a read through my post?
I know, I was just informing you that VGchartz sale figures isn't accurate. Some people might think that as legitimate numbers.

I know, I was just informing you that VGchartz sale figures isn't accurate. Some people might think that as legitimate numbers.
The figures for the other games (the main focus of the post) are accurate and are taken directly from Polyphony.

Well if Gran Turismo 7 is a thing this really interests me. I may have to come out of the Forza Horizon camp for a while if a Gran Turismo 7 comes into reality.

I calling spec 2.0 for PS5 as title and not name GT7. With a FIA heavy promotion singa player Motorsport aspect like a old gt progression but in more in depth.

They have the online segment outlined pretty well for them already, with some more focus towards single-player/offline, they can very much appeal to plenty of people. Hopefully that's the case. I sure as heck wouldn't mind some more visual customization either. At the rate they're going with releasing vehicles, whether they're new or remodeled, there'll likely be a good chunk good of by this time even comes around, so that's always a win-win.

If it is, then I'll buy a PS5 next. A year after launch mind you as I like to wait for manufactures to work out bugs on their consoles.

GT Sport did not sell well even with a giant base of PS4 (90 million)...
GTS didn't do bad, even if we don't have exact numbers. 7~million players isn't exactly a small amount, even taking into consideration that there will be duplicates. It also isn't a launch title.

GT Sport did not sell well even with a giant base of PS4 (90 million)...

We should get sales data eventually. 7.5 million players from the full release is the current figure iirc. I would expect at the end sales to be somewhere around 8 million, which is tremendous.

Being a launch title gives you the benefit of being picked up when there are limited options and people more willing to try new things to test the system.

As long as they keep updating the game with free DLCs, I have no problem with GT7 as a launch title.

Maybe I'm wrong but when you think about GT, you think about: career mode, tuning or classic tracks like Grand Valley... GTSport has none of these things.
I hope people get interested in it again, because GT6 had it all and did not sell well.

I think with the level/amount of coding required, combined with the pace of advancing tech... it's virtually impossible to future-proof beyond the current gen.
For me, I'll play GTS until all GT7 updates/issues/DLC have been released. I can wait weather it's a launch game or not

Also, I think the FIA Sport stuff will stay it's own game, and GT7 will just have regular online. No change to GTS until GTS2

Yeah, no, I'm not buying into this. I don't trust leaks or rumors as wild as this, especially coming from the Smash Bros community, where this ran rampant all the time.

How much did GT3 sell? Around 15 million total copies right? Absolutely pathetic when you look at how many PS2s were sold which is around 153 million.

That's terrible, what a flop
I did not understand, do you want GT7 to be exclusive to PS5?

Not really, Gran Turismo 3 came out a little more than a year after the PS2.
I stand corrected. So the earliest in any PlayStation lifecycle they've released a full game was a year after launch, so this would be completely unprecedented for GT.

PD just dont develop full games right that quickly to qualify as launch titles.

Last edited:
I did not understand, do you want GT7 to be exclusive to PS5?
Huh? I'm talking about your statement that GT Sport sold poorly because there's a lot more PS4s (around 90 million according to you) than games sold, because we measure game success by the amount of consoles that exist where it can be played on, not by its actual sales and gross.

Being a launch title gives you the benefit of being picked up when there are limited options and people more willing to try new things to test the system.
It however has the problem of a much, much lower install base, which makes for a smaller number buying it at full price and a lower overall potential profit from it.

I personally believe that while PD and Sony like the marketing buzz the idea a launch GT title makes for a new console, they don't actually want to ever release a GT as a launch title.

Huh? I'm talking about your statement that GT Sport sold poorly because there's a lot more PS4s (around 90 million according to you) than games sold, because we measure game success by the amount of consoles that exist where it can be played on, not by its actual sales and gross.
My point is: GT7 should be cross-gen. That was all I wanted to say in my previous posts.

Latest Posts

Back