Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

i honestly think this rumor is fake,PD can't make a full fledged game in 1 year while they are busy with GTS every month because of updates and the FIA Cup,unless GT7 is basically sport with a new name. Sony just confirmed it Backwards Compatibility with PS4 is happening so it's much more reasonable for PD to carry GTSport over to PS5 with a big update(like a Spec 2.0) and then they get some experience with the PS5 before going full steam on GT7 development.Pre production for the next GT is already happening(Kaz already said it) but 2020 is too close for the pace PD works.

I agree with you, PD haven't even reached the 500 car limit for SPORT yet. We have only 289 cars in the game so far. GTS will probably still continue in the next 2-3 years.

So we need a new console TV vr headset and probably new wheel. Just to play a game on system launch. Paying top bill for everything, more traditional gt format, add dlc and micro transactions. Nice, . nearly forgot ps ++. Shafted bend over

Umm...so they decided to go back into their roots (numbered serials, and probably focused not only online again), and well, in GT Sport there's already indication of this (road and old race cars, GT League). It seems they can't resist and are giving in to the nostalgia fanbase...

Well then...as they successfully nailed online, just hope that they will do the same job for the offline racing too. I wish that the offline aspect is not only as vast as GT4, but also more deep as well (actual rules for motorsport races instead of 5 sec. penalty, immersing in motorsport like GT5's Special Events to enter those, connection to brands for One Make/Manufacturer races, etc.). I actually hope for PD to increase the staff massively so they can do the right job tbh....and probably bringing again the huge car and track count (Tbh, this is always my main attract to GT, even if Forza also had that too).

@SUPRASTAR0003 Tbh, among those 500, I hope that PD will remove the fictional Gr. 3/Gr. 4/etc. race cars, and put them as their Racing Modifications instead in the next game.

So we need a new console, TV, VR headset and probably new wheel. Just to play a game on system launch. Paying top bill for everything, more traditional GT format, add DLC and micro transactions. Nice, nearly forgot PS+. Shafted bend over.
You won't need a new tv to play it and with PS5 being backwards compatible PSVR will work and your wheel presumably will too.
If you choose to bend over it won't be as hard as you think...

Last edited:
Well they first need to do that what Forza has before i switch back to GT i am a long fan of GT iT is missing to much like:

- tuning and modified cars like turbo’s suspension exhaust etc
- rain/ wheater
- more (new) cars and tracks
- bettet sounds

Since there Will be a new Forza with release of the new Xbox around the same time And i cant buy the 2 new consoles at the same time i have to chose.......

(Have and play them both now but as a car lover Forza is for me the game right now) online GT is simply the best but thats iT.......

Well they first need to do that what Forza has before i switch back to GT i am a long fan of GT iT is missing to much like:

- tuning and modified cars like turbo’s suspension exhaust etc
- rain/ wheater
- more (new) cars and tracks
- bettet sounds

Since there Will be a new Forza with release of the new Xbox around the same time And i cant buy the 2 new consoles at the same time i have to chose.......

(Have and play them both now but as a car lover Forza is for me the game right now) online GT is simply the best but thats iT.......
Forza is now on PC, I think no need for Xbox to get it again currently (if they continue to do that for next ones). And GT sounds has been improved it's no longer vacuum cleaner. Video example. Turbo suspension and exhaust are already previous GT's things so it's not Forza thing.

After today’s confirmation of hardware ray-tracing, the odd’s of GT7 being a PS5 launch window title, went up dramatically IMO. PD have already demo’d the tech and there would be no better title to show off one of PS5’s unique selling points.

I certainly believe Sony have learned their lesson to not release major titles on current gen hardware, as the new systems launch. True, the PS5 will have backwards compatibility. But a cross-gen GT7 would not be able to take advantage of the far more potent CPU to enhance physics simulation, increase grid sizes etc.

Plus, there are credible sources stating Sony only have one remaining AAA title to announce for PS4. Some say we may hear more in the next week or so. Every other 1st party studio is engaged on next-gen projects.
Why did it go up dramatically?

Looking at past trends the fact that a new console has a new graphics showcase feature is hardly a revelation, and certainly not an indication that PD would be able to have a product ready to support it for launch. The PS2, PS3 and PS4 all pushed graphics in a new direction in one way or another, yet PD singularly failed to release a launch title for any of these.

Nor does the use of PD in terms of tech demo mean anything, we have had tech demos from them before that have not panned out to mean launch releases, hell we have even had actually named titles promised for launch that never saw the light of day, GT2000 was supposed to be a launch title for the PS2 after being used as a graphics showcase, ditto with the original GTHD and the PS3. A tech demo and a new graphics feature on a new console are not an accurate indicator that PD will make a launch window. That's also putting aside that even being generous, PD and release dates are not exactly great bedfellows.

Personally, if I were to put my money on any studio being used to both hit a launch window and be able to showcase new graphics features it would be Guerilla Games, with Naughty Dog a second. They both have a better track record of hitting release dates for software, both are known for outstanding graphics and pushing systems early on and the former has released with a new console before.

Last edited:
i honestly think this rumor is fake,PD can't make a full fledged game in 1 year while they are busy with GTS every month because of updates and the FIA Cup,unless GT7 is basically sport with a new name. Sony just confirmed it Backwards Compatibility with PS4 is happening so it's much more reasonable for PD to carry GTSport over to PS5 with a big update(like a Spec 2.0) and then they get some experience with the PS5 before going full steam on GT7 development.Pre production for the next GT is already happening(Kaz already said it) but 2020 is too close for the pace PD works.

Imo, I don't think GTSport is what they had in mind when they start transitioning to PS4. Sport mode and FIA Championship was supposed to be in GT6 but they scrapped it because the hardware is way too outdated for E-sport focused game. For 4 years of development GTSport feels more like a side project than a full fledged GT game. My theory is PD is already developing a game along side with GTSport, and it will probably have more offline single player campaign, content, new features, and integraded esport mode. I maybe just too optimistic but I have a hunch that PD is developing something bigger on their next gen game.

There's a higher chance that most of the content like tracks and cars they released every month is going to carry over to their next game. I don't think the rest of the dev team is doing nothing while the modelers and sound engineer is busy producing content for GTSport.

Ah I see the rumour mill, judgement mill and wishlist mill are all in full swing already!

I look forward to seeing what actually happens, and personally I'm hoping for a more full scale VR approach. So I'm also happy that the current VR headset has been said will be compatible with PS5.

I'm also not interested in a traditional GT game with the CARPG aspect. I've played those games to death and having played sport mode just cannot get any enjoyment from playing against AI.

Bring the hate!

I know it hasnt been mentioned in ages...
but Im pretty sure Kaz had shown interest In a sort of open world driving experience at one point in time. Loooooooong before Horizon or even gta was ever concieved.
Would be interesting if something along those lines was introduced with all this new power.
Although I'd take a course editor and be just fine.

Quite likely this rumour is true, the bones of the game are in place already with all the car models being made at 8k already. I can see it being released on both generations too to make the most profit sales wise similar to GTAV. It would be quite easy to do cross platform online play during the transition period keeping the FIA stuff going for those who like it (yawn). For me Im hoping the online play becomes a minor but ongoing part of a larger single player expereince. Given that everything in GT Sport will be the starting point for GT7, we could be looking at a vast game with huge amounts of tracks and cars. The extra processing horsepower will hopefully provide some cunning AI fingers crossed...

but Im pretty sure Kaz had shown interest In a sort of open world driving experience at one point in time. Loooooooong before Horizon or even gta was ever concieved.
Would be interesting if something along those lines was introduced with all this new power.
I want the open world not to be just driving but you will be able to drive to places like Dealerships, Home, or Events....eh means you can bring back the world map menu then! (now serving as a 'shortcut' for the open world)

The open world is a good way to make use of GT's large everyday vehicles amount (Sambabus, Swift, etc.); use them as the traffics.

But then I'm confused on how will they keep the GT spirit there (no 'wildness' unlike NFS, The Crew....even Forza Horizon became much wilder compared to Motorsport). Maybe the open world there you have to obey the rules (which will turn off some), but if you disobey, what they should do? Instantly deport you back to home? Bringing police/securities will make it even wilder, derailing from GT spirit I guess (even Horizon doesn't have such), unless you are forced to stop and let the authority apprehend you (may turn off even more for more limited options).

Just an update in the article it says "PS4 exclusive launch games that I know of"
I think that's a misprint error. @SlipZtrEm

Horizon yes, but GTA? GTA was conceived as an open world driving and racing game back in 1995, so that one certainly beat Kaz to the punch.

I agree with you, PD haven't even reached the 500 car limit for SPORT yet. We have only 289 cars in the game so far. GTS will probably still continue in the next 2-3 years.
They never said 500 cars they said between 400-500 cars by the end of gt sport life. And that could happen next year. I doubt for another 3 years. 2 years at most. The cars are ps5 ready so they don't need to remodel them.
2020-2021 is a likely release date for gt7

I just miss the simplicity of the old GTs. It was first and foremost a fun experience with amazing graphics. I hope the next GT will be more fun, I think most of the players don't expect a full sim like AC or Project Cars. They need to bring back that spirit.

It was actually a big deal. Going from nothing to JGTC, LeMans GTs, etc. The way GT Sport is, it's like a real race car driver: Here is a contract for X manufacturer, enter these races and you're ranked accordingly.

Should be interesting, what PD have planned for this next gen, after the new beginning of Sport.

That intro above....I want the GT7 intro to have a good logo formation, GT1 is the only GT game that have a great logo formation; those red and blue scatters flying around and uniting to form the GT logo.

The other one that came close was the car logos that forms the GT logo in GT4 intro (but GT1 one is still better because the car logos in GT4 came linearly unlike GT1's), but the actua GT4 logo later is just simple fade in...

And man...those car logo scatters....please PD bring back the car logos for next one. If they always kept the circuit logos why not for car ones...

Imo GT7 it’s just going to be GT Sport Remaster with a normal career mode like past GT games.
I think your right about that, too much money invested in the esports side to drop it. Best of both worlds a game that hopefully appeal to both player bases

The cars are ps5 ready so they don't need to remodel them.
2020-2021 is a likely release date for gt7
You do know how many times PD have made that claim and how many times it actually turned out to be true?

Latest Posts

Back