Gran Turismo 7 Set to Arrive in Second Half of 2021, According to Fanatec

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title of this news is a bit misleading. In no way we are confirming here anything. We are speculating as much as you do and have not more info than anybody else.

We gave our investors an outlook for 2021 and announced that we expect that our growth will continue in 2021. This is based on a few assumptions and one of it was that the launch of GT7 was rumored to happen in 2021 as announced here on gtplanet and other websites.

If that happens then we are expecting this to rather happen in the second half of the year because of the following reasons:
  • The marketing campaign for GT7 has not started yet. For GT6 it started in May and the game was launched 7 Months later. This means that a launch in the first half is unlikely.
  • Except GT3 A-Spec all other major GT titles were released in the second half and mostly in Q4
  • If the game would be launched in Q2 or even Q1 2021 it could have been ready in Q4 2020 and GT7 would have been a launch title of the PS5. As this important date was missed and the PS5 has still a shortage and no need for additional marketing there is no pressure to rush to the market in Q1 or Q2 this year. It probably makes more sense to polish the game and add more features and release it when there is enough supply of PS5s.
So IF the game is released this year, it is very likely that it will be in the second half and this is what we base our forecast for our steering wheels on.

Needless to say that we would be quite happy to see a new GT title this year so let's see what happens.

Can’t wait to see Famine argue this one

At this point it's very unlikely that PD will update GT Sport and add the Lambo V12 VGT, Porsche 917LL and the Porsche VGT, seems like they couldn't keep their promise. Oh well, I'll just wait for them in GT7, I really hope it comes out this year.

Have you considered that Famine might be a reasonable guy who is willing to accept that the information he presented isn't completely correct? Why are you assuming he's going to get defensive about it?

Sure thing. No part of the title refers to a confirmation of anything, so I don't see how it's misleading anyone into thinking there's confirmation of anything.

Perhaps there's some confusion over the word "set", which is used in the context of "preparing for" here, as you'll often see with sports news stories ("Footballer X set for Club Y transfer"; "Driver X set to make Event Y debut"), because it's in the passive voice - object-verb-subject. It can be used to mean that something is confirmed but you'd need to switch to active voice - subject-verb-object. For example, once Microsoft confirmed the Xbox Series X launch date, you wouldn't say it "is set for a November 6 launch" (passive voice), but you could say that "Microsoft sets November 6 launch for" (active voice).

Once you read the rest of the article, everything is explained in pretty much the same way that Thomas does in the first half of that post.

Incidentally, you can tag users to let them know you're talking about them. Simply type the "@" symbol, followed by their username.

Have you considered that Famine might be a reasonable guy who is willing to accept that the information he presented isn't completely correct?
Always happy to correct things that need correcting. Nothing here needs correcting.

After the delay for 1 month of Returnal and the low info about the next games, i don't know what happening with R&C, Horizon 2 and GT7.
Maybe R&C and Horizon 2 appearing in the second half of 2021 and GT7 definitly delay to Q1 of 2022

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
PD have let their fans down once again. I pre-ordered a PS5 exclusively for GT7. Anyway, turns out ACC is incredible on PS5 so likely won't play GT again until (if?) GT7 is released

PD have let their fans down once again. I pre-ordered a PS5 exclusively for GT7. Anyway, turns out ACC is incredible on PS5 so likely won't play GT again until (if?) GT7 is released
If you preorder a console just for a game that doesn't have a release date that's not Polyphony Digitals promblem, that's yours. They've not broken any promises over GT7, it was neer confirmed as a launch or near launch title.

If you preorder a console just for a game that doesn't have a release date that's not Polyphony Digitals promblem, that's yours. They've not broken any promises over GT7, it was neer confirmed as a launch or near launch title.
But whith showing GT7 as first title in the first PS-Event, there was created a bit bigger expectation of a realese in launch time. Other guys which seem that, thought of a release to early beginning, too. Maybe, it was a bit unlucky this position. Or using the first event for games to launch and the second for later games, might had been better.. And given no infos when it release short before launch

But whith showing GT7 as first title in the first PS-Event, there was created a bit bigger expectation of a realese in launch time. Other guys which seem that, thought of a release to early beginning, too. Maybe, it was a bit unlucky this position. Or using the first event for games to launch and the second for later games, might had been better.. And given no infos when it release short before launch
Makes no difference, the game was never promised as a launch or near launch title. Games often get revealed years before they are released, GT7 was not the only game showed that was not a launch title either.

If certain people decided (against the obvious) that it must be a launch or near launch title despite the lack of any release date information then that's entirely on them. Not Polyphony Digital and not Sony. No promise was broken. You know when a game is launching because it gets announced.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks PD "Let down fans" over a release date THEY never made needs to turn the mirror on themselves and learn to control their expectations. Just because it showed up first at a presentation doesn't mean squat. This isn't the only game shown and still doesn't have a date.

Believe it when it see it, not when you want it.

Last edited:
Fanatec one is the most legit out of all stupid rumours.

Still we are better off waiting for a official confirmation. Im willing to wait for GT7 rather than have a rushed game with a broken launch.

Plus I dont have a PS5 yet so im willing to wait. I hope GT7 will come out when the time is right I dont want a game full of cut content.

Near launch which is looking unlikely to be within 1 year of launch? GT7 was shown in the launch videos for PS5, that's a bit disingenuous if you ask me

Why? Neither PD nor Sony said GT7 would be a launch title, just baseless internet rumours.

Correction, it was shown in PS5 launch videos and stated as Q1 2021 release. Then "early" 2021. Now "2021". Doesn't take a genius to read between the line. All a bit predictable isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Near launch which is looking unlikely to be within 1 year of launch? GT7 was shown in the launch videos for PS5, that's a bit disingenuous if you ask me
Live I've said in other posts, games are often revealed years before release. There was no release date pinned to GT7 in the reveal trailer and GT7 wasn't the only game reealed not out yet and/or not expected to be out for a while.

Correction, it was shown in PS5 launch videos and stated as Q1 2021 release. Then "early" 2021. Now "2021". Doesn't take a genius to read between the line. All a bit predictable isn't it?
It was never advertised as Q1 2021, some late PlayStation adverts (around the PS5 release) did note it as a 1st half 2021 release, but not Q1. That was changed to 2021 in later videos, however no release date has ever been provided by Polyphony.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who expected GT7 to be out by now has only fooled themselves. There were very lengthy discussions on here about the release date and some memebers were convinced against all logic and reason, even as close as 4 weeks prior, that GT7 would be a launch title. Enough of us tried to reason that it wasn't going to be, but hey, it's Polyphony Digitals fault you bought a PS5 expecting GT7 to be out at launch or early. You got carried along by self-generated hype I'm afraid and jumped too soon, that's no one else's fault.

I understand there bieng some frustration, but it should be directed at your choice, not at Polyphony who never promised anything.

Last edited:
Live I've said in other posts, games are often revealed years before release. There was no release date pinned to GT7 in the reveal trailer and GT7 wasn't the only game reealed not out yet and/or not expected to be out for a while.

It was never advertised as Q1 2021, some late PlayStation adverts (around the PS5 release) did note it as a 1st half 2021 release, but not Q1. That was changed to 2021 in later videos, however no release date has ever been provided by Polyphony.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who expected GT7 to be out by now has only fooled themselves. There were very lengthy discussions on here about the release date and some memebers were convinced against all logic and reason, even as close as 4 weeks prior, that GT7 would be a launch title. Enough of us tried to reason that it wasn't going to be, but hey, it's Polyphony Digitals fault you bought a PS5 expecting GT7 to be out at launch or early. You got carried along by self-generated hype I'm afraid and jumped too soon, that's no one else's fault.

I understand there bieng some frustration, but it should be directed at your choice, not at Polyphony who never promised anything.

Unless a regular person who didn't happen to read that particular forum thread sees marketing material which clearly suggests the game is being released.

It's not a big deal, I'm fine with my decision to buy a PS5 and am thoroughly enjoying ACC (which was terrible on PS4) but surely you can understand why people could reasonably have expected GT to be released at launch (or soon after). It was in the launch videos, it's on the marketing billboards, it was discussed in the pre-lunch videos etc.

Unless a regular person who didn't happen to read that particular forum thread sees marketing material which clearly suggests the game is being released.
That thread isn't what should convince people it wasn't a launch title, it's just an example of how people convinced themselves it was etc.

It's not a big deal, I'm fine with my decision to buy a PS5 and am thoroughly enjoying ACC (which was terrible on PS4) but surely you can understand why people could reasonably have expected GT to be released at launch (or soon after). It was in the launch videos, it's on the marketing billboards, it was discussed in the pre-lunch videos etc.
I don't think we are going to agree on this, but at least you're happy with your PS5 purchase and enjoying ACC regardless. I'm holding off on a purchase for now simply becuase it won't get much use.

Last edited:
People preordered PS3s on the promise of GT5. People preordered PSPs on the promise of GT4:Mobile. People probably even preordered PS2s on the promise of GT2000.

Which is a moot point anyway, since:

No, not really. Nobody who had any knowledge of PD's history, even just limited to games in the series that were actually promised to be launch window titles and even people with only casual interest who follow the series as it's reported on gaming sites, should have expected GT7 to be a launch title. But, even sidestepping that... there was never a date given for its release. There was never even much of an estimate given for its release. None of the marketing materials "clearly suggested" anything about when it would come out. There wasn't even a parade of rumors about its release fueled by dumb statements from Kaz. PD actually learned their lesson this time.

It didn't work, because even in late August people were still insisting that a trailer showing a menu system was proof the game would come out in November; but it's not PD's fault that you somehow expected something that literally no one should have believed to be the case. If anyone is torn up that much about how much PD misled people by not bowing to expectations that the people made up themselves, they should flip their PS5 on eBay for a profit and buy another one when GT7 actually has a release date.

Last edited:
Can we just get a new Tourist Trophy bundled into GT7 while we wait so long for it, ohh wait that's......DRIVECLUB. :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

If anyone is torn up that much about how much PD misled people by not bowing to expectations that the people made up themselves, they should flip their PS5 on eBay for a profit and buy another one when GT7 actually has a release date.

Now now, let's not encourage flipping! Console flippers are worse than car flippers if you ask me, because every PS5 pre-ordered purely to sell means one poor kid didn't get one for Christmas.

I'd rather wait patiently, they polish the game and some more content... Allow ease developing the game during pandemic.

AND MOST OF ALL

I don't wanna have to buy a PS5 from a ******* Scalper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back