Gran Turismo 7 Team Picks Up Forza's Audio Lead to Improve Sound

I think that PD is doing the right choice because I know that PD wants to improve the car's sounds and because there is a opportunity to make GT a better series. So, I support the end of vaccum cleaner's sounds.

There's two ways this could go, depending on PD's schedule.

1) GT7 is scheduled for a 2016 release, and is already knee-deep in production. Mike's ability to change anything will be quite limited because the ship's already sailing. GT8 will be the first title where Mike's influence can be heard.

2.) GT7 is scheduled for 2017 or later and Mike being hired now means they're in a preproduction type of phase where I can and will have an impact. The ship hasn't left port yet so the direction is still up for discussion.

In either case, Mike is an amazing person and I can't wait to hear what he does.

kyledancestobloodbourgkpwd.gif

This is big

Add that to the lead UI guy for Driveclub also joining and PD are hiring well, they're doing the opposite of Naughty dog :lol:

This is a step in the right direction. Now I wish they would focus more on necessary cars for each discipline instead of licensing a random car just cuz they can.

I love the upredictability myself.

Gran Turismo 7 is going to be amazing, mark my words.

PD are an intelligent company with a huge budget, I'm sure they are highly aware of the competition they face this time around and will do everything they can to best it.

And fixing the sound is a good place to start, I just hope they don't overlook the other problems. Not that there are many.

2016-2017 Release! Alright time to get this Job ready so I can be ready ;)

Last edited:
One less problem to deal with :). All there is to fix now are the low-quality standards, the AI, and the server issues.

One less problem to deal with :). All there is to fix now are the low-quality standards, the AI, and the server issues.

.......And low quality tracks, standing starts, proper qualifying, endurance races, basically the entirety of the career mode, more user friendly UI, and hunting down bugs/glitches...:P

{Did I miss anything?} :embarrassed:

.......And low quality tracks, standing starts, proper qualifying, endurance races, basically the entirety of the career mode, more user friendly UI, and hunting down bugs/glitches...:P

{Did I miss anything?} :embarrassed:
I forgot about those because people mainly complain about the standard cars and the AI on here.

You also forgot Shuffle Racing and Course Creator as they were both from GT5.

You don't seriously believe that all the sound shortcomings are now gone because they hired one guy that used to work on another game do you?:lol:

The new dude plus the new employees along with the old team should solve the problem I rate.

I'm optimistic about this.

If anyone wants the technical bits and bobs check out the other sound thread in this sub forum :P

Great news for GT fans. The sound in Forza is amazing, hopefully that will come to Gran Turismo. Regardless of that for me is too little too late since I've already moved on to Forza and now pCARS which if everything goes to plan will have all that I have ever wanted from a racing game.

It will be interesting to see how well he adapts to the work culture at PD although by being Senior Audio Lead I imagine he will have carte blanche and PD will try to adapt to him. A few days ago I read an interesting article where Jacques Villeneuve was complaining about Honda's "slow culture". Now if you are wondering why I am bringing this up well it is because as I read this I remembered reading a post from Imari (you can correct me if I am getting things a bit mixed up) where he was talking about Japanese work culture and how hard it was for them to acknowledge that they made mistakes and even more so for the bosses.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/villeneuve-alonso-may-not-win-any-more-races-in-f1/

Doubts over 'slow culture' at Honda
Villeneuve, who raced in F1 with Honda power for four years, says he has little faith that the Japanese manufacturer can quickly rise to the front of the grid.

"I worked with them," he said, "and know it can be a very slow culture and one that prevents them from doing certain things."

Now a Spanish article of the same interview had the same quote but added this:

http://www.f1aldia.com/26339/villen...ndo-ferrari-puede-ya-no-vuelva-ganar-titulos/

"No, no puedo tenerla (confianza en Honda), trabajé con ellos y se cómo lo hacen, son muy lentos y su cultura les impide hacer ciertas cosas. Por ejemplo si un superior ha hecho algo mal, les cuesta decírselo y aunque sepan que está mal hecho siguen haciéndolo..."

Which translates into:

"No I can't (trust them), I've worked with them and I know how they are, they are slow and their culture prevents them from doing certain things. For instance if a superior has done something wrong, they find it difficult to say this to them and even if they know it is wrong they keep doing it..."

Now if this is true on all japanese work places then the importance of hiring the main Audio guy from the main rival series is massive. It would also mean that they took a hard look at themselves and now are really prepared to fix and shift all the things that are wrong in the game and I imagine they would have done so on all the departments. I mean why only try to fix the audio side of things and keep the same dumb A.I?

OK it is getting a bit long hopefully it makes some sense I am bit tired...

I thought GT fans said Forza's sounds were overdone and unreal. ;)
This one certainly did. I doubt you caught it in the early days of Forza 4, but I refused to upgrade the exhaust systems on my cars because they were already annoyingly loud and distorted. :P

Frankly, Mike's hiring may have minimal impact, even if the cars sound wonderful in GT7. Like, how could you tell what work was specifically his? No one would know unless he gave a very specific technical interview which isn't likely. But at the very least, fresh blood doesn't hurt.

"Caviezel is no stranger to racing games, having worked on Forza and its various sequels while at Turn 10 Studios. Specifically, the profile states he “provided audio for the Forza Motorsport franchise games, including Forza Motorsport 1,2,3 and 4."

He is also credited as audio production director at Microsoft Studios.

This dude has some serious cred. Audio production director at MS?

Bruh...

Here's hoping that they keep hiring new faces as well, PD has always been a relatively small team for the size of the franchise and just a few more of the right people in the right places can make a world of difference. First piece of news so far which has made me optimistic for GT7.

Back