Gran Turismo 7 Tops Amazon Sales Charts in USA and Japan

• Thread starter Famine
  • 45 comments
I pre-ordered two 25AEs - one from Amazon, one from GAME - just to make extra sure I got one on launch day.

Of course Sony may well send us a review code and/or press kit, but I never assume that this will be the case and I like to have the real thing too anyway. Looks good on my GT shelf :D

I pre-ordered two 25AEs - one from Amazon, one from GAME - just to make extra sure I got one on launch day.

Of course Sony may well send us a review code and/or press kit, but I never assume that this will be the case and I like to have the real thing too anyway. Looks good on my GT shelf :D
Always good to be prepared. Plus GTP needs someone with a day one copy incase there are things to be reported on.

If my own hype about GT7 is any indication, then this should be the best selling game in gaming history!!! I'm so hyped! I hope it has the museum and the trading cards and those really unique cars that nobody drives but everyone wants!! HYPE!!!

I'm glad I went for it early. My collection is finally coming together - recently got a GT5 Collector and GTS SteelBook in the mail, neither of which I was able to get back in the day. I'll keep an eye out for others. This is the ultimate influential game series to who I am today and I want to embrace it as an adult.

EAT IT, HERMAN!

Edit - yes, I realize the argument will be that this was a smart business move but we'll never really know. Not until we see which platform version sells more copies, anyway.

Last edited:

Get in there, Famine! ;)

The game isn't soo popular in Australia, with the 25th Anniversary Edition 7th and the Standard Edition 8th in the sales charts.

I remember like over half a year ago I made the prediction that GT7 was going eventually sell at least as much as GT5 thanks to the long hiatus without a numbered title. Looking pretty good so far!

I think this will top GT3 sales wise,if not it wil be very close. And that's great for us GT fans, more sales more money to invest in the next game
As if Polyphony wasn't hard up for cash before, you know, being a wholly owned Sony subsidiary?

season 3 suport GIF by Billions

GT as a brand has so much potential!
Poly should be bigger, 200 people is not enough for a licence that popular. At least twice bigger for a modern studio. I don't understand why Sony is ok with that.

Sales are sales, but I just wonder how many copies in Japan will be resold with a ridiculously high (like twice or thrice the normal) price tag.
Considering the "resale" (転売) culture in Japan, they cannot be ignored at the time of release.

Latest Posts

Back